Trump approval ratings thread 1.6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:22:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.6 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.6  (Read 168753 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 13, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »

Global Strategy Group, Nov. 1-5, 1500 RV (1-month change)

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 57 (+3)

Strongly approve 23 (-1)
Strongly disapprove 44 (-3)

Impeach Trump?

Yes 52 (nc)
No 41 (-2)

Regardless of whether you support or oppose impeachment, do you think Donald Trump has abused his power at any point as president?

Yes 62
No 33

Regardless of whether you support or oppose impeachment, do you think Donald Trump has committed a crime at any point as president?

Yes 54
No 38

I would like to have words with those people who think Trump has committed a crime as a president and don't want him impeached.

I'd bet it would go something like: "yeah, he committed crimes as a President, but it's too close to election season.  Let's vote him out at the ballot box." 

That's so terrible, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Could it be Trump opponents who are worried about President Pence, especially if it gives that theocrat the chance to play National reconciliate ER for a few months and squeak out election win where Trump is probably doomed? That's honestly not far off from where I felt even a few months ago, but I believe that the country is so endangered that it is worth putting Prince at least temporarily in office, and even whatever election bump might give with"starting anew", etc.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2019, 04:28:20 PM by Badger »

Global Strategy Group, Nov. 1-5, 1500 RV (1-month change)

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 57 (+3)

Strongly approve 23 (-1)
Strongly disapprove 44 (-3)

Impeach Trump?

Yes 52 (nc)
No 41 (-2)

Regardless of whether you support or oppose impeachment, do you think Donald Trump has abused his power at any point as president?

Yes 62
No 33

Regardless of whether you support or oppose impeachment, do you think Donald Trump has committed a crime at any point as president?

Yes 54
No 38

I would like to have words with those people who think Trump has committed a crime as a president and don't want him impeached.

"We weren't electing a priest!"

At some point the realization has to sink in that conservative causes are better represented under President Pence.

Also at some point Pence will come out of the closet as President-in-Waiting, which he has been since he agreed to be Trump's running mate.

I agree with the first part, but seriously doubt pencil even hint towards his Readiness to take over upon impeachment. Right now Pence's chances of being replaced by Nikki Haley on the ticket are better then replacing Trump due to impeachment, and if he signals any Vestige of what would be perceived as disloyalty by the Narcissist in Chief, those chances of replacement would Skyrocket. That is the modus operandi of this administration, of course.

If pence is smart, and I believe he is, he'll just dutifully stand by the president wow not becoming one of his most vocal anti impeachment Defenders. That way he remains a viable candidate for 2024. And if along the way and teachman happens after all, obviously he wins the ball game, but doesn't need to really do anything other than don't turn on Trump in the meantime
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »

Honestly, this feels very similar to the rhetoric democrats were using to defend Clinton 2016, as in, how dare people believe that having allegations of corruption/nepotism over your head could hurt a candidate in the general election. And in this case, it is a fact that almost everyone views Hunter Biden getting his cushy job in Burisma negatively.

Sure, but that cannot be separated from Trump and how his family has even more blatantly used Trump's presidency to enrich themselves. That's what's so frustrating. Same with Clinton's emails. Nikki Haley and Trump's Ukraine scandal have made that an even sadder event in our nation's history, that something which continues to prove itself so inconsequential in comparison, managed to cause such a ripple effect in our country and its politics.

Peoples trusting their perceptions more than empirical facts is a major ailment in our republic that is part of many things that is causing it to slowly rot. It's why I cannot forgive American voters and spare them from some of the blame when it comes to elections and their consequences. Voters get the politicians they deserve, and politicians won't change unless the voters change too. Clearly, that's asking for something insurmountable though.

A phenomenon I have noticed is the tendency among independents right smack in the center to believe right-wing narratives about corruption and criminal doings, but not left-wing ones. Compare these two narratives:

1. Trump refuses to release his tax returns because they'll show he has significant financial ties to Russia, who is actively trying to get him elected so Putin can have a puppet in the White House.

2. Hillary Clinton scrubbed thousands of emails from her private server because they will uncover her scheme to sell weapons to ISIS, and (2019 version) conspiring with Cloudstrike and the Ukrainians to interfere in the 2016 election and frame Donald Trump.

To me, these are equally crazy, but independents seem much more likely to dismiss the first as a nothingburger, but find at least some truth in the second.

Probably due to a presumed left wing bias in the media. "If I hear about the right committing wrongdoing, then it must be the mainstream media pushing its left-wing agenda. But if I hear about the left committing wrongdoing, then it must be true."

I might hate this answer, but how truly " independent Center" should such voters really be considered? They sound like your typical semi-regular Fox News viewer
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:00:55 PM »

Honestly, this feels very similar to the rhetoric democrats were using to defend Clinton 2016, as in, how dare people believe that having allegations of corruption/nepotism over your head could hurt a candidate in the general election. And in this case, it is a fact that almost everyone views Hunter Biden getting his cushy job in Burisma negatively.

Sure, but that cannot be separated from Trump and how his family has even more blatantly used Trump's presidency to enrich themselves. That's what's so frustrating. Same with Clinton's emails. Nikki Haley and Trump's Ukraine scandal have made that an even sadder event in our nation's history, that something which continues to prove itself so inconsequential in comparison, managed to cause such a ripple effect in our country and its politics.

Peoples trusting their perceptions more than empirical facts is a major ailment in our republic that is part of many things that is causing it to slowly rot. It's why I cannot forgive American voters and spare them from some of the blame when it comes to elections and their consequences. Voters get the politicians they deserve, and politicians won't change unless the voters change too. Clearly, that's asking for something insurmountable though.

A phenomenon I have noticed is the tendency among independents right smack in the center to believe right-wing narratives about corruption and criminal doings, but not left-wing ones. Compare these two narratives:

1. Trump refuses to release his tax returns because they'll show he has significant financial ties to Russia, who is actively trying to get him elected so Putin can have a puppet in the White House.

2. Hillary Clinton scrubbed thousands of emails from her private server because they will uncover her scheme to sell weapons to ISIS, and (2019 version) conspiring with Cloudstrike and the Ukrainians to interfere in the 2016 election and frame Donald Trump.

To me, these are equally crazy, but independents seem much more likely to dismiss the first as a nothingburger, but find at least some truth in the second.

It is indeed some bulls***. The right always seems to control the narrative in this country, maybe even since the 1980's. I guess that makes sense when it comes from a political party that inherently exists as the embodiment of the status quo.

However, I would like to note that Obama's "controversies" and "scandals" that the right tried pushing during and leading up to his presidency never stuck to him either. So perhaps this concerning phenomenon has more to do with when the narrative started rather than the narrative itself.

Hillary Clinton was a target for the right since her husband won the 1992 election. Those 25 plus years of being an obsession for them definitely ended up bleeding into the mainstream subconscious and was always made worse due to her continued ambition of higher office throughout her existence as a public figure.

Meanwhile, Obama's shorter career didn't give the Republicans as much time to insist on their characterizations of him. The same is probably true of Trump also, unfortunately. He came out of f***ing nowhere, in spite of wanting to run for President for decades, and has done so much that is awful throughout his lifetime that is hard to constantly remind voters about all of it. And he continues to do so much that is wrong that his actions diminish in effectiveness and have become too normalized to make Americans concerned about them anymore. That's possibly why the Ukraine scandal is or was seemingly resonating the most so far-it's simple and encompasses elements of many of his other misdeeds. If he could have been characterized earlier though, perhaps he could have gone the way of Clinton and been damaged enough already when he ran for the highest office in the country.

That's why I am more concerned than ever about Biden being the Democratic nominee in 2020. The Republicans may not have had 25 years to characterize him, but they got an early enough start combined with him constantly puts his own foot in his mouth. True or not (which it isn't), the alleged scandal involving Burisma and Hunter Biden are always going to be used against Biden, and the more that some Americans hear it, especially before he gets formally nominated, the more it will somehow end up defining him.

This could backfire though if Biden isn't the nominee. He isn't as inevitable as Clinton was in 2016. So they may have wasted their effort on Biden instead of distributing their false or misleading narratives across all of the Democratic front-runners. I sure hope so.

All absolutely true with one caveat. Hillary and Bill both had a bit of sleaze about them, that was fairly typical politician pay-to-play type stuff. Obama, relatively speaking to most presidents, was squeaky clean corruption and ethics wise.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 12:52:54 PM »

RCP: “Trump Job Approval Hits 2-Year High”, with their average at 45.3%

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I couldn't agree more. Having the best approval rating in two years from a friendly posllster of only 45% is quite laughable.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" indeed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 05:42:19 PM »

RCP: “Trump Job Approval Hits 2-Year High”, with their average at 45.3%

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I couldn't agree more. Having the best approval rating in two years from a friendly posllster of only 45% is quite laughable.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" indeed.

Worked for Obama.

Was just reading this from Nov 2011

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/magazine/nate-silver-handicaps-2012-election.html

Obama never ever had anywhere remotely the numbers of strongly disapprove Trump has, for excellent reasons. Heck, even his General approval numbers were consistently better.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 06:31:06 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2020, 12:38:20 AM by Badger »

This. At this point it seems highly unlikely indeed that Trump could Flip any Clinton States. His poll numbers in Michigan and Pennsylvania have been anywhere from poor to DOA. Any Democrat flipping those two states alone would be enough to deny Trump re-election, assuming no more than 1 Democratic collector flipped to vote for Trump rather than a third party, which would of course simply move the election into the presumably democratic-controlled house.

None of this even requires places like Iowa, Georgia, Maine 2nd District, or above all Wisconsin, to flip.

EDIT: As noted below, my math was off.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 08:38:13 PM »

This. At this point it seems highly unlikely indeed that Trump could Flip any Clinton States. His poll numbers in Michigan and Pennsylvania have been anywhere from poor to DOA. Any Democrat flipping those two states alone would be enough to deny Trump re-election, assuming no more than 1 Democratic collector flipped to vote for Trump rather than a third party, which would of course simply move the election into the presumably democratic-controlled house.

None of this even requires places like Iowa, Georgia, Maine 2nd District, or above all Wisconsin, to flip.

You're wrong about that. The Democrat would fall very slightly short of 270 if they hold every Clinton state and just win Michigan and Pennsylvania. They'd need at least one more state with Wisconsin being the top contender. That's why the scenario you described would actually be the nightmare scenario where one state, probably by a less than 1% margin, once again robs a Democrat of a victory in the electoral college (by two f***ing electoral votes!) while they simultaneously win the popular vote, probably by 3 points or more.

You are right. My math was off. It's been a long working Sunday for me. I have spent every moment not on that list, which admittedly it's been a fairly large part of today, working since around 8:30 this morning. Not including the nap I just took Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 06:46:24 PM »

Nice visualization:

God dammit Ohio....Angry
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 12:28:52 AM »

One thing is different this time: Trump has been in campaign mode even after being elected. So can he pick things up by staying much the same?

I suspect that as usual, Trump rallied his supporters and offended his detractors. After the whitewash of his obvious "high crimes and misdemeanors" I expect him express his vindication.

I remember when Democrats used to say that calling someone acquitted of a crime guilty is racist. Now they call Trump guilty after he was acquitted. Oh, I forgot, he's White so racism against him is okay.

I got it! New York Millennial sock. Good to have you back buddy!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 06:48:10 PM »

I’m betting his approval will go right back down again after this horrible week for the markets, and his lackluster response to coronavirus.

Let's hope so. You would think that a notorious germaphobe would care more.

Disgusting that you're wishing people would die to make "approval ratings" go down. Remember too, he was elected (remember the gay people and women and people with hijabs crying at Javits?) with a 38% approval.

Don't act like a moron. Approval doesn't mean as much as you think.
He didn’t say he wishes people would die to make Trump’s approval go down also (the bolded part) good job showing off that bigoted side again as you like to do

Am I lying?

Am I lying?

Was it all a dream?

You guys waste all your votes in expensive, homeless-ridden large cities and lose the electoral college to a sea of red. Not my fault. Then you become gleeful that people should get sick?

No, just a bigot.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 12:56:06 PM »

If Trump is struggling in Northern New England, maybe Dems have a chance of wrapping up Trump’s back door early. It’s good that Arizona is confirmed to be a horse race.

Wouldn't be surprised at this point if Maine's 2nd District flips back.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 02:59:53 PM »

COVID-19 will result in Trump's re-election, I guarantee it.

You've been guaranteeing it ever since it became clear that Bernie would lose the nomination.

Trump is seeing a rally-round-the-flag effect.  It's very common in terms of crisis, and it usually doesn't last long.

Joe Biden is a horrible candidate. Even if he doesn't actually have cognitive decline, lots of people think he does, and that matters more. Plus, he may not be progressive enough to energize young voters.

Why are you panicking about this? Donald Trump has clearly demonstrated literally over a hundred times the level of cognitive decline by supposedly has - - which I find debatable as he's always been a quick with the lip goofball - - and about 40 to 45% of Voters just don't give a s***. Why should they about Biden who has literally not 1% the same problem?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 10:51:36 PM »

I’m not so sure that this can just be chalked up to a rally effect. Does half this country even agree that there is a crisis to rally around? Does anyone really think people on the East and West coasts are rallying around a guy basically absolving himself of all responsibility and leaving them to their own devices?

Moreover, I thought that "rally around the flag" usually happens because nations unites, that is President is praised by both parties and, of course, by MS, no???
Now the opposite happens.

I have no idea how people like you think.

Simple. They don't.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 08:28:51 PM »

OMG. The CNN so-called analysts actually are postulating trumps relocating His official residence to Florida was for electoral reasons rather than taxes, and more importantly that it actually might make some impact on the race. As if more than one undecided voter in a million down there is going to care that his official home is now Mar-A-Lago instead of Trump Tower. What complete and utter maroons.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 01:58:37 AM »

OMG. The CNN so-called analysts actually are postulating trumps relocating His official residence to Florida was for electoral reasons rather than taxes, and more importantly that it actually might make some impact on the race. As if more than one undecided voter in a million down there is going to care that his official home is now Mar-A-Lago instead of Trump Tower. What complete and utter maroons.

Did you expect anything even half intelligent from CNN's "analysts"?

I guess not, but thats a new level of stupid.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »

See what I tell you Badger came in this forum and said that Dems are gonna lose, no we arent Badger. I dont hear from Badger now😎😎😎

WTF are you talking about? I never said we're going to lose. I don't believe that, FTR, and roll my eyes whenever someone posts that with it being several months before the election and Trump poll ratings looking shaky at best.

Again, WTF are you even talking about? Your post is somehow even less intelligible than usual.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »

This is the badger thread that due to Coronavirus,  Trump is inevitable, no he isnt

This is the map you said will be the outcome of the 2020, I have your quote 2020 Biden is Hilary 2.0

Have you no reading comprehension skills whatsoever? I NEVER said:

a) this map was the likely outcome;
b) Biden was Hillary 2.0
c) That Trump is going to win.

If you should develop basic literacy, you'll see I was unmistakably to anyone on planet Earth lampooning CNN's brain trust for foolishly postulating Trump's official change of residence to Florida would even minutely affect the race.

You are such a weirdo.

The primary reason I didn't say any of that stuff? I. Do. Not. Believe. Any. Of. Those. Statements.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 01:35:41 PM »

See what I tell you Badger came in this forum and said that Dems are gonna lose, no we arent Badger. I dont hear from Badger now😎😎😎

WTF are you talking about? I never said we're going to lose. I don't believe that, FTR, and roll my eyes whenever someone posts that with it being several months before the election and Trump poll ratings looking shaky at best.

Again, WTF are you even talking about? Your post is somehow even less intelligible than usual.

Whatever, you constantly in the Congressional map says underrate Dems chances and says McGrath  and Harrison have zero chance, you undercut Biden chances.  But you did say that McGrath have no chance which she does. Undercutting Dems chances is still undercutting their chances, I dont have to prove I am less intelligent I have 6 diplomas

My saying McGrath has little to no chance running against McConnell in Kentucky means I think Biden is toast against Trump? And who TF is "Harrison"?? WTF are you even talking about?!?

Gonna speak bluntly here. I have you on ignore (only found this post when Mikado quoted it) because your usual gibberish of word salad is literally painful to read. You do you, but leave me out of your delusions.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »

Lamo you said McGrath has zero chance and undercut most Dems in the Congressional board, I know what your avatar states, you are an R who supports Trump, that doesnt take reading comprehension,  I read your negative comments about McGrath and Grimes. Undercutting Dems is still undercutting Dems

Who cares all you do is talk against Dems lamo

You dont like Dems, that's why you are talking against me. You have nothing nice to say.

Every single thing you just typed is proven wrong by spending literally 30 seconds reading my posting history. Get a clue.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »

Why say nothing about McGrath chances, everyone knows that in wave McConnell will lose. Just because McConnell won in 2014 doesnt mean anything

I dont have to prove my intellect to you this not school and we arent verbalizing in public. If we were in person, I would bring every law book out on you in my law class

I think McGrath has about as much chance of winning as Doug Jones, if that. She'd be about the 7th or 8th seat to flip after CO, AZ, ME, NC, MT, both GA seats, and about equal at best with KS if Kobach wins the primary, plus just ahead in liklihood of some out of the blue upset of Ernst.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »

Shockingly low levels of economic pessimism considering what's happening with the market and jobless claims, especially since it was conducted less than a week ago. Who are the 45% of American who don't think (or are even undecided) that the economy is on the wrong track? Huh
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:40 PM »

Shockingly low levels of economic pessimism considering what's happening with the market and jobless claims, especially since it was conducted less than a week ago. Who are the 45% of American who don't think (or are even undecided) that the economy is on the wrong track? Huh

We're in highly partisan times. Expect at least 35-40% of the country to stand by Trump... and even ignore their financial hardships in the process.
Sure, but I'd expect those people to at least acknowledge concerns the economy is in freefall, even if all the while professing President Trump isn't to blame, is making things better, and how it'd be sooooo much worse with Hillary and Pelosi running the country, yadda yadda yadda.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 06:44:40 PM »

Best news I've heard in awhile.

Also a rather strong argument for Sanders to finally officially throw in the towel and back Joe. Every month, week, and day we can spend reconciling the party helps us in November. There's literally zero reason to continue his campaign at this point.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 11:57:00 AM »

Georgia: Battleground Connect, March 31-April 1, 1035 LV

This is an internal poll for the Doug Collins (R) Senate campaign.

Trump favorability (not approval): 48/46.  Trump leads Biden by the same 48-46 margin.

Best case scenario has Trump two up in Georgia?

You love to see it.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies