School Uniforms (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:45:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  School Uniforms (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should they be required at all publicly-funded public schools, including colleges and universities?
Democrat -Yes

Democrat -No

Republican -Yes

Republican -No

independent/third party -Yes

independent/third party -No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: School Uniforms  (Read 13674 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: February 01, 2006, 08:26:01 PM »

School Uniforms are detrimental to the creativity and individuality of a student. I would glady walk through the Towering Inferno in a GASOLINE SUIT to prevent them!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 06:56:14 AM »

School Uniforms are detrimental to the creativity and individuality of a student. I would glady walk through the Towering Inferno in a GASOLINE SUIT to prevent them!

That is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard.  Maybe the world would be a better place if people who claim to have such a commitment to their beliefs as you claim to actually did something for a positive cause, or at least one that matters.  To be willing to effective commit suicide over school uniforms is pretty pathetic.

I doubt you're serious in any case, but the thought is just ridiculous.  This is an example of why so many people find it hard to take liberals seriously.

The fact that you believe in school uniforms makes me want to tell you to go to hell, but since I'm polite, I won't. I would not commit suicide over it you dumbass, I was just making my case of how passionately I hold this issue. In my junior year as Class President, the new principal said to the officers that he was considering uniforms, and asked us for input. I told him flatly that I would stage a walkout. He argued his case, but so did we, and he dropped the idea. Creativity and individuality mean more to me than you do dazzleman, as they do to any freedom loving individual. When I go to school, I don't wanna see everyone look the same. I wanna see polo shirts, goths, thongs, etc. I wanna enjoy my time there, not be told what to wear, and when to wear it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies