Do you believe that 2007 will have the second coming of Jesus Christ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you believe that 2007 will have the second coming of Jesus Christ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
No

Yes

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Do you believe that 2007 will have the second coming of Jesus Christ?  (Read 23098 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« on: January 03, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »

Well I wouldn't doubt it. The world is wicked enough for his return, much like Noah and his time.

What makes you think the world is more wicked today then it was, say, two hundred years ago? If anything, it's less, since the percentage of Christians to the total population is much greater than ever.

How does being Christian alone reduce 'wickedness'? Do the wicked actions of those who call themselves Christians have no relevance, you simply have to be part of the 'tribe' and thats okay no matter what you do, how you treat others or how many wars you wage?

That's just a silly question.  Do you even remember the Spanish Inquisition?  Those holier than thou saints were far less wicked than those crazy buddhists over in Asia.  Damn heathens.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »

There are people who set themselves on fire because of their beliefs.  Doesn't mean they are right.  Just that they are unwavering in their beliefs.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:17:28 AM »

Oh really?  Then why did Paul teach that Christ can NOT return until the apostacy and the revealing of the AntiChrist?

He was drunk that day, duh.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 03:59:56 AM »

I haven't the slightest idea. It's not like God put a timer on earth and let us count down the final seconds till Jesus comes back like it's a New Year's ball dropping or something.

Don't be silly, I know where the timer is.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:25:13 AM »

I haven't the slightest idea. It's not like God put a timer on earth and let us count down the final seconds till Jesus comes back like it's a New Year's ball dropping or something.

Don't be silly, I know where the timer is.

And they laughed at me when I said that no one could use my microwave because it would cause the end of the world.

It's an established fact that the instrument of the apocalypse is made in Taiwan.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »

Jesus was crazy.  Or a rotten person who led people astray.

That's all you really needed to say, to hit the nail on the head as it were.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

Why is it a dichotomy between actually being the Son of God and being evil and insane?

because there is no one 'good' but God alone

So the 3 billion or so people who do not believe in the Abrahamic God are, by your definition, evil?

How can that be derived from what he said. He said "there is none good but God alone", not "there is none good but God and his followers alone".

All people are evil.  What a wonderful worldview.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies