Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:03:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 106084 times)
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« on: January 24, 2021, 04:28:28 PM »

It snowed properly here for the first time in a while that I can remember. I’d forgotten how much I love the snow!

Wimbledon?  Looks nice.

We had about 30mm.  But I hate snow.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 05:43:08 PM »

Pretty sure I'm the only poster here who was born in and has lived in Wales.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 12:07:10 PM »

The pandemic has meant that people around here are riding their horses way more often.  Every day I have to slow down at least 4 times for girls on horses.  It's nice and everything, however the streets are perennially littered in Equine Fecal Substance now.

Hitting that stuff at 60 mph was interesting...
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 04:54:00 PM »

My sincere condolences.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »

Southern Portuguese red wine is fantastic.  Why did nobody tell me this??
I think it might just supplant Spain in my tastes.  Certainly as good as Cali.

Anyway just ordered another crate full.

🍇🍇🍇
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 04:17:39 PM »

I got into my first car accident/fender bender today. Fortunately nobody was hurt but now the front of my car is all scratched up so that might need to get fixed.

A girl smashed my car up today.  It's my third crash since I got my license in 2018.  She came flying round a corner on a country lane and neither of us turned in time.  Like yours luckily nobody was hurt.  She was terribly sorry and I got the impression she thought I was kinda cute but the roadside of a crash just wasn't the time...

I was singing Sparks Fly when the crash happened so I guess the crash was my punishment.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »

Update on my car.  It's probably written off and I am temporarily driving a van that is so old that I reckon Noah used it to transport his Ark-building materials.  Nevertheless I still managed to get a speeding ticket today.  £100 fine and three points on my license.

The 17-year old girl who wrecked my car refuses to accept responsibility and as there were no witnesses insurance can't prove she was at fault.  Therefore we will split the cost og the damages.

Not a good week in Wessex.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 10:15:23 AM »

If you always push for what you desire in several fixed yet possible points, you’ll succeed.

Today I stopped my obsessive hoarding and cleaned everything that needed to be done since I was 10. Felt good to finally let go of some stuff.

Good on you.

You kept all of the Stalin portraits on the wall though surely?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 01:43:29 PM »

There is still some bureaucratic stuff to do, but as of today, I can finally say I am a college educated #elitist Cheesy

The urge to look down upon non-college educated working class plebs is irresistable right now Tongue

But seriously I am so happy I am finally done with my degree. I was quite burnt out at the end and this month has been in a weird sort of limbo.

I didn't go to university or whatever and left education at 18.  I therefore nominate myself to be looked down upon by you. Smiley

Congrats by the way.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 02:14:43 AM »

There is still some bureaucratic stuff to do, but as of today, I can finally say I am a college educated #elitist Cheesy

The urge to look down upon non-college educated working class plebs is irresistable right now Tongue

But seriously I am so happy I am finally done with my degree. I was quite burnt out at the end and this month has been in a weird sort of limbo.

I didn't go to university or whatever and left education at 18.  I therefore nominate myself to be looked down upon by you. Smiley

Congrats by the way.

You didn't miss much.

I know.  I don't like to brag (I'm English) but I've done very well out of going straight into work rather than continuing education.

But if Tack50 wants to look down on me that's fine.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2021, 04:36:56 PM »

I know.  I don't like to brag (I'm English) but I've done very well out of going straight into work rather than continuing education.

But if Tack50 wants to look down on me that's fine.

Needless to say that was sarcasm Tongue

I am actually of the opinion that university is not for everyone and there should be strong alternatives to university that are viewed as equally valid to university; with stuff like apprenticeships being promoted more and what not.

Sadly Spain's year 10 degree (ESO) is too basic for it to be worth all that much and the year 12 one (Bachillerato) is extremely focused towards you continuing your education with at least an apprenticeship so it also doesn't improve your job opportunities much (in fact you are much better off after year 10 pursuing a "standard level apprenticeship" instead of years 11-12 if you know you won't go to university for sure). Unemployment being at 16% also does not help at all.

Though the only person I know that didn't continue their education after HS is also doing quite well for themselves interestingly (went from retail clerk to now store manager I believe)

Absolutely agree.  And going straight into work from high school isn't ideal for everyone either.
The thought of our favourite Canarian looking down on me is amusing though. Smiley
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 04:47:31 PM »

Trying my first-ever Jack Daniel's and Christ I'm burpy. Not enjoying so far. Expect progress report if I'm still right in the head by the time I finish getting through this glass, should I manage.

But God am I gassy right now.

Drink it with Coca-Cola (not Pepsi) and quite a lot of ice.  American whiskey isn't meant to be drunk on its own like Scotch and Irish are.

Disclaimer: I've just finished a Jacks and Coke.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 12:24:39 PM »

Changing my uni pre-drinks tipple of choice from Jack Daniels to Russian Standard was the best decision I ever made. JD is a truly cursed liquor.

American food and drink should always be a last resort.

Right now I am drinking a local cider that shares its name with Britain's greatest postwar PM.  It's not the best but it'll do for tonight.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2021, 03:24:32 PM »

Absolutely. Currently putting back some G&T’s, albeit the T quotient is so minuscule I feel like an early 18th century patriot about to be snookered by the 1736 Gin Act.

You should try making your own gin.  I did it back in about March and it came out quite good.

Hey you Yanks threw our tea into the harbour in 1066 or whenever that revolution was - shows what you know about good drinks.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2021, 04:09:52 AM »

I'm in London right now, and even though I've been here several times before, this is my first time being here alone. My parents and I have pretty different travel philosophies, so for the first time I've finally been able to just get lost and wander for hours on end in a city that's already one of my favorite in the world. I've averaged over 14 miles of walking per day for the last 4 days. I ended up stumbling upon Camden Town, which is an area I had never been to and knew nothing about. That's a really amazing place that really doesn't get its deserved accolades. I would seriously consider moving here if I had any job prospects and the visa process weren't sure to be a nightmare. To any Londoners on Atlas, your city has a lot to be proud of, even in 2021.

London's amazing.  Go up the O2 if you get the chance.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 08:00:35 AM »

You're actually not.  Like seriously you've managed to get married, move state and probably do a ton of things most of us here haven't.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 04:07:30 PM »

I'm 95% sure somebody on Atlas viewed my profile on a social media site last week and if so I'm pretty certain I know who.  Kinda scary in a way.  Maybe I'm overreacting but I think everyone should take more care with what you reveal on here and never have your email address set to public.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2021, 06:24:34 AM »

I'm 95% sure somebody on Atlas viewed my profile on a social media site last week and if so I'm pretty certain I know who.  Kinda scary in a way.  Maybe I'm overreacting but I think everyone should take more care with what you reveal on here and never have your email address set to public.

Your first mistake right there.

LinkedIn Sad
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 12:59:40 AM »

Your first mistake right there.

LinkedIn Sad

If it was me, I am open to listening to any job offers you might have Tongue

Would you be comfortable commuting from Las Canarias to South Gloucestershire every morning and still arriving by 7am?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »

Found a way of beating the annoying speed limiter thing on my car.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 12:54:00 PM »

This is an unpopular opinion but:

Politics doesn't actually matter all that much.

Elections, parties, candidates none of it.  It's quite rare that politics actually have a real effect on people's lives.  Individual parties and politicians and laws and such have far less power than we think.

So whilst politics are important and it is important to be in the know it isn't worth letting elections and results actually affect your life.  I learnt this in 2017 when I was gutted at the UK election result and felt awful for a week.  And sure, that election result mattered, but it didn't need to actually affect my life or my mental health because generally the actual real effects are felt over a much longer time period than one election cycle.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2021, 07:09:24 AM »

Today I started my first day working at Target as seasonal guest advocate. After not working for 6 months I finally got my lazy ass out and got a job. Target pays pretty well starting $16.50 per hour and $18.50 for weekends for the rest of the month. I hope Target likes me enough so it becomes a permanent position. This is my 2nd job of my life so far.

Work sets you free.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2021, 07:07:18 AM »

This year's Boxing Day Mummers play (look it up if you're not English) was a bit different. Blackface is allowed again after being banned last year and the Doctor gave the knight a booster jab.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2021, 03:38:04 PM »

The precipitation in the Iberian Peninsula's largest nation comes down predominantly on the flat, open areas.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 06:37:36 PM »

New display name to pay tribute to my hero.

Olawakandi not Blair.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies