What will you do after the Rapture? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:03:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What will you do after the Rapture? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will you do after the Rapture?  (Read 37086 times)
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« on: April 14, 2005, 05:30:22 PM »

I know many of you think it is a myth or story.  But for a minute, imagine it being true as described in the Left Behind books.  One day, millions of people are missing.  What will you do?  Switch to Christianity?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 05:33:32 PM »

I'll be in Heaven so it matters little what I will do.
Yes...  I'm directing it to those that won't be so fortunate.  The 7 years of Tribulation ain't going to be fun.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:41:38 PM »

Read them.  They're quality.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 05:46:48 PM »

This was meant to be a serious post.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »

Only about three of you actually answered the question.  I'd still like answers from the rest of you.

A bit more background: the people that will disappear are the true Christians (which only God knows who they are).  One day, in a moment, they will disappear, and there will be tribulation after that.  And yes, I do not believe all Catholics will disappear, just like I don't believe all Protestants will disappear.  But I believe it like it is in the Left Behind books (from what I've read... I only read two so far.)

As a scientist on Earth, I'd be too fascinated by the quantum mechanistic underpinnings of the tribulations to worry much about my impending eternity in the Lake of Fire.

I have a question: what, exactly do the Elect do in heaven once they get there? Part of the joy in living (such as it is) comes from the discovery of some unknown natural truth; if all truths are immediately apparent in heaven, then what?
There is no elect.  A short timeline:

First the rapture, where all the true Christians that know Jesus Christ as their Savior will go to Heaven.  In Heaven, they will appear before Jesus to be awarded for their services.

On Earth, the next 7 years will be rather bad.  The Antichrist (a Jew) will rise and make a deal with Israel.  They will see him as the coming Messiah, promised in Genesis 3:15.  Peace will reign in Israel for the next few months.  After 3 1/2 years, the Antichrist will break his treaty, and rise up against Israel, intent to destroy them.  The kings from the north, south, and east will join him.  (Russia, the Arabs, and the Chinese)  It will all come down to a grand finale called Armageddon at the end of 7 years, where Jesus will return with those raptured and descend into Jerusalem and personally defend Israel.  They will see their mistake and call him the one true Messiah.

The 7 years will also have many events that will kill 2/3 of all of earth's population.

After Armageddon, there will be 1,000 years of peace.  Satan will be bound.  To the end of that period, he will be unleashed one last time.  After his destruction, he, the Antichrist, and the false prophet will be cast into hell.  The rest of mankind will be judged by God Himself on the White Throne.  Those whose name are in the Book of Life will enter Heaven.  The rest will go to Hell.

Now: some advice.  No matter how ridiculous you think this stuff is, just remember this.  You may not believe it, but if it actually happens, remember this thread and the advice.  Do NOT take the number.  You will be offered the choice to join the Antichrist, or to join Jesus.  You will be given a choice: take the number of man on your hand or your forehead, or be executed.  You have to choose the latter.  You will be saved.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 04:28:28 PM »

I know many of you think it is a myth or story.  But for a minute, imagine it being true as described in the Left Behind books.  One day, millions of people are missing.  What will you do?  Switch to Christianity?

As I recall the number is 144,000 people. In the US alone about 2 million people die every year. If you ratio that up to cover the world population and then figure it on a daily basis it works out to about 110,000 people dying every day. So maybe 144,000 disappearing would hardly be noticed.
You recall wrong.  That number refers to a special bunch of people that will be doing something special.  Only Jehova's Witnesses claim what you're stating. Smiley  I don't believe that.  These special people will consist of 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.  They have a specific goal and have been selected for a very specific task.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »

Faith alone= theology built so Protestants could keep their money and not give two sh**ts for the poor.
We don't want other people to spend our money.  We believe in our own charities.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 04:35:19 PM »

I don't believe that either. Works alone won't save anybody. And I don't believe that there is a set number who will be saved.
At least we agree on something.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 04:38:56 PM »

Faith alone= theology built so Protestants could keep their money and not give two sh**ts for the poor.
We don't want other people to spend our money.  We believe in our own charities.

I believe in all charity. Not just organized chruch charity's
Who said anything about organized church charities?

Bottom line is stealing money (taxes) and spending it is NOT CHARITY.  When I give to a charity, it makes me feel good about myself.  When I pay taxes that I know will go to some lazy welfare bum, I don't feel good about myself.

And I'm also NOT going to pay taxes so that the government can spend it on other sinful things.  It is wrong.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 06:32:51 PM »

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and give to God what is God's."
Thats fine.  I'll give Caesar his duties and levies.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 06:54:49 PM »

And if one is going to make an idiotic claim like "only 144,000 will be 'elected'", I like to prove to them that they are morons.
Do you believe in the rapture sir?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 07:04:55 PM »

While we're on the twelve tribes, what were the twelve tribes, and where are they now.

(sorry if this is a stupid question Smiley)
The sons of Israel (Jacob, son of Isaac, son of Abraham) formed the 12 tribes of Israel: Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Ephraim and Manasseh.  Levi was the tribe of the priests of Israel.  Judah is the tribe in which David and Jesus was born.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 07:08:31 PM »

While we're on the twelve tribes, what were the twelve tribes, and where are they now.

(sorry if this is a stupid question Smiley)

Let's see which ones I can get without looking:

Judah
Benjamin
Levi
Dan
Joseph
Ruben
Simeon
Gad

ummmmm....

Naphtali
Zebulun
Asher
Issachar

Had to look for those ones.

Anyway, 10 of the 12 tribes vanished during the Babalonian Exile.  So there are only two left today:

Benjamin
Judah
I don't know about that.  Some may not be able to trace back their heritage, but if you're the son of a son of a son of a son of a Levite, you're still a Levite, whether you know it or not.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 07:27:10 PM »

Mr. Brown are you Catholic?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 09:10:42 PM »

And if one is going to make an idiotic claim like "only 144,000 will be 'elected'", I like to prove to them that they are morons.
Do you believe in the rapture sir?

No, assuming that that is what Revelations is about (doubtful) it doesn't even happen in the Bible, the same way that Protestants champion.

most Protestants do NOT believe in the rapture. I haven't met a single mainstream one who does.
You need to get out more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies