Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:33:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?)  (Read 19487 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 05, 2016, 09:08:41 PM »

Hopefully Nebraska and Louisiana Democrats can actually count.

THEY CAN!!!! Cheesy

Bernie 55%
Hillary 45%
Just a comparison, but she did lose this by 33% in 2008.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:14:08 PM »

Sanders got a great result out of Kansas, but a surprisingly poor result out of Nebraska. And of course he is getting destroyed in Louisiana. Not a great night for him.

Lol if that's the best spin you've got...
Spin looks an awful like reality.

If we look at delegates, Sanders had a mediocre night. Sure, he is getting 4 more delegates than he needs in Kansas, but it is looking like he is going to fail to meet his targets in Louisiana and Nebraska to the tune of more than four, thus putting him even more in the hole.
And extrapolating this out to Maine, it looks like they will tie in Delegates, and that is giving him a 15-10 edge in Maine delegate count.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 12:48:29 AM »

It says Lancaster, Nebraska is only 24% in with Sanders leading 68-32. If that margin holds, the final statewide result should look something like Sanders wins 59.6%-40.4%.
I not sure, I am probably wrong, but why does Lancaster have 30 caucus sites, twice as many as Douglas, when Douglas has like twice the population.  I think that all of Nebraska is in, but an error happened showing that Lancaster had 30 precincts instead of just 8.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 12:58:31 AM »

It says Lancaster, Nebraska is only 24% in with Sanders leading 68-32. If that margin holds, the final statewide result should look something like Sanders wins 59.6%-40.4%.
I not sure, I am probably wrong, but why does Lancaster have 30 caucus sites, twice as many as Douglas, when Douglas has like twice the population.  I think that all of Nebraska is in, but an error happened showing that Lancaster had 30 precincts instead of just 8.

Nice try, just updated to 10/33 reporting.
Still doesn't answer the question, why the hell does a county half the size of the largest get twice as many caucus sites?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:21:13 AM »

Well I guess that explains the huge difference in Clinton's performance between the two.

Obviously Kansas was better for Bernie than Nebraska, but we're still waiting on Lancester county to find out the margin in Nebraska.
So far in Lancaster, each new caucus site that comes in cuts Sanders margin.  So it could go from 55-45 to 58-42 right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies