2021 Canadian general election - Election Day and Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:39:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2021 Canadian general election - Election Day and Results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 Canadian general election - Election Day and Results  (Read 61774 times)
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« on: September 20, 2021, 07:36:34 PM »

CPC picking up seats in NS bodes very well for them. Colchester is still a solid lead, I believe north Cape Breton is leapfrogging as well. TBH if the Tories pull off a minority tonight I'll change my avatar to blue.

Surprised by the NDP weakness. Seems like Jagmeet was out east campaigning with somebody every other weekend.

Also, first Bloc seat reporting from Ile de Madeleine!
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 08:17:39 PM »

Big vote dump in Sydney-Victoria, LPC now in the lead. Was that the mail in vote and can the CPC come back?
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 08:27:20 PM »

I know it’s dangerous to judge based off Atlantic Canada but… based on that. Woof

Conservative plurality and days of negotiations it is

I think 10 seats out east is the threshold the CPC needs to win, right now they're teetering at 9 and it looks like that 10th is out of the question with the CBC calling Sydney-Vic for the Grits. Deciding factor now might be if the NDP can pick off seats like Halifax, and on that note, is St John's East called yet?
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 08:45:12 PM »

That Gatineau result with Green leading has to be an error lol.

Even crazier is some random minor party is in second place. Odd precinct perhaps?
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:53:17 PM »

The Frederickton seat just flipped back to the Grits, so the CPC haul from the Atlantics may be only 7 seats. Honestly pretty solid results for the Libs so far.
Just went back to the Tories, with a lead of 3. It's gonna go down to the wire for sure.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 09:05:24 PM »

I hate how Canada networks include “leading” in there total seats.

It’s confusing as hell.

78-33 for Liberals before the West seats come in… that can’t be good, right? Or wrong?

Looks like about 85% of southern Ontario has reported NOTHING. Plenty of places for the Liberals to pick up seats, not to mention Montreal.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 09:07:46 PM »

(And why isn't that "gains and losses" calculator showing the Greens in Gatineau? Very misleading IMO Tongue).

They're technically at net-zero since they lost the seat where Jenica Atwin was elected as a Green.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 09:41:58 PM »

CBC actually has the Cons projected as winning in more seats than the Libs right now. Wouldn't be surprised if the final seat count ends up as something like 140 LPC - 135 CPC.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 10:14:16 PM »

What the hell do Canadians see in this guy? He's so fake and smarmy.

IMO it's a good thing that the Canadian people are looking beyond Trudeau's horrible personality and voting to re-elect the Liberals based on their solid and progressive record in government. You have to give a lot of credit to the voters for that.

Ah, so we elected Chrystia Freeland.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 10:44:28 PM »

Also, am I right to say that the NDP has underperformed their polling/expectations yet again? Jagmeet seems well-liked but he hasn't scored a breakthrough for the party, though maybe this is the best the post-2015 NDP can do.

Jagmeet is in a very narrow lead in his riding. We may not have to worry about that after tonight.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 10:48:57 PM »

Also, am I right to say that the NDP has underperformed their polling/expectations yet again? Jagmeet seems well-liked but he hasn't scored a breakthrough for the party, though maybe this is the best the post-2015 NDP can do.

Jagmeet is in a very narrow lead in his riding. We may not have to worry about that after tonight.

Couldn't he have picked a less competitive riding for himself lol?

I never quite understood why he chose to carpetbag to, of all places, a three-way-split riding in the Vancouver suburbs, instead of sticking with a three-way-split riding in his provincial stomping grounds near Mississauga where he'd have held more recognition.
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 09:11:03 AM »

How about John Horgan. Does he want the top job?
He already has a far better one. Why would he want a demotion ?

What about Notley? Whats more likely, taking Alberta back from Kenney or getting the NDP a federal breakthrough?
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »

Is that purple a PPC swing out west? I know in some of those ridings the results were like 70% CPC to 10% PPC but damn, weird to see it show up on a map.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies