Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:09:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 18058 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: June 01, 2020, 11:37:48 AM »

Allen for America
A New Future

Campaign Constants in Iowa
Always mention George’s plan to cut taxes on middle and working-class Americans
Always focus on recruiting younger voters and volunteers on the campuses of the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, Northern Iowa University, and Drake University
Always reach out to Conservative activists to serve as precinct captains for George.
Always focus on reaching out to voters and fundraising through online and grassroots efforts
Always tout George’s experience in the United States Senate as a Commonsense Conservative and his record of lowering crime as Governor
Always try to eat lunch at local restaurants, with locals
Always do research on new small towns to talk about local issues and connect with voters
Always visit small businesses and talk to workers, business owners
Always connect to voters on a personal level, use first names and tell the voters to call him George

Campaign Constants in New Hampshire
Always do research on new small towns to talk about local issues and connect with voters
Always connect to voters on a personal level, use first names and ask people  to call him George
Always focus on reaching out to voters and fundraising through online and grassroots methods.
Always focus on George’s record on lowering taxes, supporting education funding, and gun rights while in the Senate and as Governor.
Always focus on reaching out to conservative activists/young people to work to build a grassroots movement to win the primary.
Always talk to voters and make their issues feel important, no one person is too small for George to talk to.

Campaign Constants in South Carolina
Always connect to voters on a personal level, use first names and ask people  to call him George
Always focus on reaching out to voters and fundraising through online and grassroots methods.
Always reach out to Conservative activists to serve as precinct captains for George.
Always mention George’s commitment to his Christian faith
Always mention George’s career in business before entering politics
Always make outreaches to the African American community in the state

Campaign Constants in Florida
Always mention conservative stances on Social Issues
Always mention support for Social Security and Medicare
Always make outreaches to the African and Latin American community in the state

Campaign Constants in Michigan
Always hammer home the message of JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! Focus on plans to keep manufacturing  jobs in the United States and to bring back the jobs that were lost
Always talk about how the career politicians in Washington are responsible for the loss in manufacturing jobs including President Clinton and President Gore.
Always reach out to large donors (i.e. the DeVos family) to help fundraise in the state 

Surrogate Schedules

Senator Chuck Grassley- Campaigning in Iowa

Senator Grassley will be named one of the campaign’s cochairmen for the state of Iowa, he will focus on campaigning for George in Northwestern Iowa, with the help of Senator Grassley, George will be working to recruit high-ranking Republican activists and party loyalists to work as precinct captains in Iowa. Senator Grassley will also campaign in the major metropolitan areas, such as Polk County, the Quad Cities, and Cedar Rapids. The final key aspect of Grassley’s campaigning is his part in George’s ‘Family and Freedom’ Bus tour through Iowa.

Candidate Schedule

February

Iowa

February 1-4: Begin the ‘Family and Freedom’ Bus tour in Polk County Iowa, hold town hall meetings with voters, and take any questions they have to offer. Before the Town Hall give a short speech
Hello [insert place], I’m George Allen and I’m running for President. I promise that I will never lie to you, for the past 6 years I have served in the United States Senate, alongside my good friend and your Senator Chuck Grassley. Before that, I was a businessman, and during my time in business I learned that you can’t run anything if you’re constantly in the red, that’s why in the Senate I have supported the balanced budget amendment time after time. Once you get to know me today, you’ll learn some of my key values, the two most important of them are faith like I have in our God above, and integrity, because you should know that you can trust the person across from you, we have reached a moral impasse in America where people are beginning to lose their faith in their fellow citizens, and that we cannot trust our politicians.

As President, I promise that within my first 100 days in office we will cut taxes for middle America because when it’s working all of America is. You may have heard of the 3 a’s I have, which are for the three constitutional amendments we need to pass, and we will pass them when I’m elected President. The first A, which will be a constitutional amendment to ensure a balanced budget, because our nation is like a business we can’t just keep on taking out more and more money from the bank, because eventually, we would go belly up. I think it’s time we let a businessman run our country instead of career politicians. The second A, this one is near and dear to my heart, a constitutional ban on the desecration of the American flag, because sick demented cowards think it is ok to destroy a monument to our nation, people have died for that flag and these cowards think it ok to burn it? That’s why we need the Flag desecration amendment to pass congress.    The final A, maybe the most important of them all it is to defend our nation’s values from Activist liberal judges this amendment will enshrine in our constitution the natural law, marriage is one man and one woman, simple as that.

Now, let’s get this town hall started ladies and gentlemen, remember to call me George because I am here to serve you as your next President.

February 5-9: After finishing the ‘Faith and Freedom’ Bus Tour hold rallies in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Des Moines, Dubuque, and Ames. In the cities, the rallies will be held at Northern Iowa University, The University of Iowa, Drake University, Clarke College, and Iowa State University respectively. Focus on registering new voters, and meet with Conservative Activists in an attempt to recruit them to

Virginia/D.C.

February 10: Fly to home Virginia and rest

February 11-13: Campaign with Republican incumbents in the Virginia State Senate and the House of Delegates focus on raising money for the Republicans reelection campaigns, as the State Senate could flip if the Democrats were to outraise the GOP focus specifically on Senate Districts 5, 9, and 22.

February 14: Celebrate Valentines Day at home in Virginia with George’s wife Susan.

February 15-16: Present the Federal Marriage Amendment, Flag Desecration Amendment, and the Balanced Budget Amendment to the United States Senate for consideration for adoption into the Constitution.

February 17-19: Hold fundraisers in New York City, Charlotte, and Boston for the campaign along with vulnerable Republicans in the House of Representatives and the United States Senate.

South Carolina

February 20: Fly to South Carolina and rest

February 21: Meet with church leaders in South Carolina, from both Evangelical and Mainstream protestant denominations, also meet with Catholic leaders and African American church leaders laying out George’s plan to appoint Pro-life judges, and to fight for the shared values of the United States and Christianity.

February 22: Meet with Conservative Activists in the state and attempt to recruit them as surrogates and as precinct captains for the state’s Presidential primary at the beginning of 2008.

February 23: Meet with Republican leaders and legislators in the South Carolina State House and State Senate, discuss legislative priorities, and gauge support for George’s candidacy. Later in the day meet with Governor Mark Sanford and Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer to discuss the agenda of the South Carolina GOP and if George can benefit them in any way.

February 24-28: Hold rallies in Columbia, Charleston, Clemson, and Greenville the rallies will be held at the University of South Carolina, College of Charleston, Clemson University, and Furman University respectively.

March

Conservative Political Action Committee

March 1: With the start of CPAC the focus of the campaign is maximizing the result of the campaign at the straw poll held on the final day of the CPAC Conference. The first day of the conference is spent on meeting with high profile members of the Christian Right, National Rifle Association, and other conservative interest groups, and George affirming his conservative views on many issues.

March 2: On the 2nd day of the CPAC Conference, Senator Allen will give a speech to the conference.

Hello Conservatives! Last year when we came together, y’all voted for me as your preferred candidate for President in 2008. Well I think you might have heard I’m running, and I’m gonna win. We’re going to win because in 2008 we are going to rebuild the Reagan coalition. My campaign is open to everyone Democrat, Republican, and  Independent because in our hearts we are all Americans. I am running for President because Activist judges are trying to destroy the constitution and distort it for their own personal goals.
*removes pocket constitution from pocket*
This document the one our nation’s founding fathers shed their blood for is being trampled, for the profit of the rich Liberal Elites in New York and Hollywood. As your President, I will put this document where it belongs at the forefront of the Presidency. We are going to lower taxes, pass the balanced budget amendment, and continue America’s role as our world’s only preeminent superpower.

South Carolina

March 3: Have a radio interview with WRJA-FM 88.1 in the morning before being a guest on Hannity’s America on Fox News

SH: Hello, Senator Allen welcome to Hannity’s America, why do you want to be President?

GA: Well Sean, first off please call me George. I want to be President because for the past 16 years the Democrats have been focused on helping the liberal elites in New York and California rather than helping the Average American on Mainstreet, within the first 100 days of my administration we will pass tax cuts to put more money back in the hands of middle class and working-class Americans because they know how to spend it better than the government does.
SH: Senator, what is your opinion on healthcare with the Gore administration battling in the Senate to pass the Affordable Care Act?

GA: Well Sean, I’ll tell you this I will be voting against the bill when it comes before Congress because it doesn’t help middle and working-class Americans, on the issue of healthcare I am pro-market and against the socialized healthcare proposed by the Gore administration. To better improve access to healthcare, we need to cut red tape and government bureaucracy, as Ronald Reagan once said, “The 9 most terrifying words in the English language are, I’m from the government and I’m here to help” We need to focus on reforming Medicaid and Medicare and modernizing them to the 21st century alongside slashing the red tape and ending the bureaucratic nightmare our health insurance has become American healthcare these last 16 years.

SH: Senator, we have time for one more question, what are the biggest priorities in your administration?

GA: Sean, as I said earlier we’re gonna be getting started on day one on tax cuts, while we’re working on those we’ll be working with both Democrats and Republicans to pass the 3 A’s, The Marriage Defense Amendment, The Balanced Budget Amendment, and The Flag Desecration Amendment. Then we’re gonna rip up red tape and regulations that are keeping millions of Americans from getting the healthcare that they need.

SH: Well Senator, it’s been a joy to have you on the show tonight.

GA: Thanks for having me, Sean.

March 4: While George holds fundraisers and townhalls in Colombia and Charleston, the campaign team works to set up the campaigns MySpace, Facebook, and other Social media accounts for both the campaign and for George personally. The campaign also announces a 24-hour money bomb targetted towards bringing traffic to George’s MySpace and Facebook pages, and raising money for the campaign from small-dollar donations from a large donor base, attempting to bring more youth voters and grassroots energy to the campaign.

Florida

March 5: George will fly to Florida with his wife Susan and spend the rest of the day resting

March 6-9: George will do a series of Townhall events in the panhandle region of Florida, focusing the town halls on social issues and taxes, but willing to take questions on any issue from the audience at the events. (Panama City, Pensacola, Panama City Beach, Navarre)

March 10: George will be meeting with the Republican leaders in the State House and State Senate including State House Speaker Marco Rubio, Governor Charlie Crist, Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp, among other state party leaders. Here they discuss the current state of affairs of the Florida GOP, and what George can do to help the state party.

March 11-12: George will meet with various leaders in the Cuban American, Puerto Rican American, and Dominican American communities in Florida and discuss issues facing them and what the Republican Party can do to help them.

March 13-16: George will do 8 town halls in the I-4 corridor in Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando, Orlando, Kissimmee, Lakeland, St. Petersburg, and Tampa Bay the focus of these town halls will be on Senior issues, Medicare, Social Security, etc. however George will answer any question that is asked by the audience.

March 17: George will meet with religious leaders in Florida, no matter the denomination or religion, and George will outline his pro-life stance and his opposition to same-sex marriage, along with his support of other conservative stances on Social Issues.

Virginia/D.C.

March 18: Fly from Florida to Virginia to rest

March 19-21: Meet with Reverend Jerry Falwell Jr. and other leaders of the Christian Coalition, before giving a speech at Liberty University

In 1993, I was elected to be the 67th Governor of Virginia. Keeping the promises I made to Virginians, we successfully cut taxes by more than $600 million; instituted Virginia’s high academic Standards of Learning and School Performance Report Cards; We made neighborhoods safer with the abolition of parole through truth-in-sentencing. We initiated historic, pro-work welfare reforms. Our administration enacted the nation’s first public-private transportation funding system.  We repealed or amended 71 percent of all regulations; reduced the size of government with greater efficiency and accountability, and grew the economy ensuring the world knew Virginia is Open for Business. With added revenues, We were able to freeze tuition rates at universities and community colleges. Making education more affordable and accessible to all Virginians. Our administration gained a record $14 billion in new investments and helped create more than 300,000 new private-sector jobs that helped transform Virginia into the Silicon Dominion.

I think of myself as a Jeffersonian Conservative when in the House of Delegates, I represented the seat that Thomas Jefferson held 200 years ago. When I was elected to the United States Senate in 2000, I worked to secure the passage of the 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act, together in a bipartisan effort in the Senate we championed the Minority Serving Institution Digital and Wireless Technology Opportunity Act. I also sponsored the forward-thinking Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act that prohibited taxes on internet access. Because in the last 8 years I have seen the struggle of small businesses being crushed by the regulation that the Liberals want to see every American on the government dole.

Michigan

March 22: Fly to Detroit Wayne County International Airport and rest

March 23: Meet with Republican leaders in the state including the Michigan Congressional delegation who are in the state, and the State House and State Senate Republican leaders and the State GOP Chairperson.

March 24-25: Meet with local religious leaders of all faiths and races outlining George’s Pro-Life and
Pro-Traditional Marriage stances and his other conservative views on social issues.

March 26: Meet with the leadership of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce to discuss bringing high paying jobs back to Michigan in this time of great struggle for the state’s economy.

March 27-31: Hold rallies in (Kalamazoo, East Lansing, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Warren) for the rallies in the first 4 cities they will be held at colleges, the following Western Michigan University, Michigan State University, Grand Valley State University, and the University of Michigan.

Campaign Messaging
Focus George’s plan to cut taxes on middle and working-class Americans in all states[
Explain the fight to repeal the death tax and support ethanol subsidies in farming communities
In Iowa, South Carolina, and Florida explain the support of the Marriage Defense Amendment the “One Man and One Woman” belief
We need to update Social Security and Medicare to the 21st Century through reform.
Hammer home the idea of Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! In every state visited
Emphasize healthcare reform by cutting red tape and ending the overbearing government bureaucracy.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 11:38:52 AM »

Allen for America
A New Future

I’m George Allen, and I’m running for President

I’m running because farmers across America are losing their farms, because of high taxes, I'm pro-ethanol, and  I’m a friend to farmers.
I’m running, because cowards burn our nation’s flag the symbol that those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect and to shield the freedoms and liberty of you and me from tyrants. I’m a patriot.

I’m running, because Activist judges think they can force a radical social agenda on the American people, Marriage is one man and one woman. I’m a Christian.

I am George Allen and I approve this message

The advertisement will be running in the following states (darker the color the more it will be ran)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, faithful freedom-loving patriots good afternoon! When I was elected Governor of Virginia in 1993, I promised to lower taxes, fight crime, and create 100,000 new jobs. When I left office 4 years later, we had cut taxes by $600 million dollars, while keeping a balanced budget. We had lowered crime through tough new sentencing guidelines, and we had brought 300,000 new jobs to the commonwealth we cut 75% of the state’s regulations, and do you know what happened? Thousands of new jobs were created because the simple answer is Government is the problem, not the solution. One of my personal role models and our nation’s 40th President said, “The 9 scariest words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” If we want to continue to lead the world as it’s the sole superpower, we cannot continue to let activist judges defile our nation’s values through their personal biases, they applaud the disgusting act of burning our nation’s standard, while they say that the government knows better how to teach someone’s children than their own parents. I say we take back our country because this election will decide the future of our nation, not just for the next 4 years, but for the next 40.

I am a Jeffersonian Conservative because I believe in an America with a limited federal government, I believe in an America where people have the power, not the politicians and Thomas Jefferson said, “That government is best, which governs the least for its people discipline themselves.” while those in Washington, New York, and Los Angeles, want every American beholden to the government dole, we the people say no more! As Lincoln said, America is of the people, for the people, and by the people no more can we let those in the cities and in Washington defy the constitution, no more can we let the radical social agenda poison our nation’s politics, and no more can we let activist judges make rulings with no constitutional basis, but based instead on their own personal beliefs. I pledge here today, that I will appoint judges who believe in the constitution instead of those who dilute it with their own beliefs because murdering unborn lives is not apart of the constitution, I am running for Presiden of the United States because we had a balanced budget while cutting taxes by $600 million dollars. The Democrats in Washington, have made it so the debt goes up by $16,000 every second. In the Senate, I have voted to expand medicare, while also proposing spending cuts so that we aren’t beholden to foreign powers. 

The American people are hungry for change, they want leaders to put the country back on the right track, create jobs, stop Washington’s spending, and restore the American Dream. I want to be America’s President, because no matter the political affiliation of someone they are still an American, and they should be proud to be an American. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama want to be another term of the status quo, endangering the freedoms and liberty America has fought so hard to protect, and treating our constitution like just another piece of paper. We have a crisis in this nation, we need a President who is a leader. On every policy, the lackeys and pawns of President Gore in the Senate have bent over backward to push his agenda, which is not only unconstitutional but downright unAmerican.  GoreCare is endangering the access of medicare to our Senior citizens, as your President, I will work hard to build a society where hard work is rewarded and every American has the opportunity to succeed.

America is blessed with fertile land, America is blessed with the most powerful energy resources in the world, and America is blessed with the most important thing, America is blessed with Freedom from tyrants and despots. Freedom is not only the god-given birthright of every one of us, but it is also the most powerful and successful idea in human history. Today for the first time in our nation’s history, the freedom’s of the American people are at risk, why? Because of an over-spending, over-taxing, and over-regulating federal government. We need to go to the world and say, “America is open for business again”. We need to deregulate our small businesses because they need to be able to invest and grow. A businessman I met in Polk County Iowa last week told me this, “I want a government that gets off my back and out of my pocket, that’s the government I want.” That’s the government we need, and to get the government we need to send a message to Washington, enough is enough.

President Gore has betrayed the American energy industry, from the coalfields in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Kentucky to the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and the derricks in Texas and Plains. The far-left policies of President Gore have not helped America, they are crushing and regulating away millions of high paying jobs people have held for decades. We need fewer regulations, and more incentives for companies to build in America, we need lower taxes on every American so that all Americans can be stronger, and achieve the prosperity their ancestors came here to achieve. We’re going to take the fight to the Washington Establishment and we’re going to win, Thank you!

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2020, 05:42:13 PM by Orwell was a Socialist you ignorant hick »

Sam Nunn's Speech Attacking Bobby Jindal and Ron Paul

Georgia isn't the birthplace of conservative values, it is a moderate state, unless you are racist and consider segregation, which I oppose, and it has no place in a 21st century society, even a 20th century society. Governor Jindal, I demand that you apologize for calling Senator Clinton's criminal reform plan in your own words, "She wants to release all non-violent criminals from prison." That is blatantly false, and you know it. I oppose parts of the Senator's plan but I know that she doesn't support what the Governor says. As for Congressman Paul, without a government, our society would fall into anarchy, and Congressman Paul supports the confederacy, which is unamerican.

Senator George Allen’s response to the attacks by Senator Nunn[

Senator Nunn, I’ve known you for a number years. Your attacks on Governor Jindal and Representative Paul are down right false. You’ve embraced the unconstitutional stance of the activist judges, and become another crony to President Gore and the Socialist Democrats in New York, Washington, and Los Angeles. Sir, do not attack hard working, freedom loving, patriotic Americans like Governor Jindal, and Representative Paul. We may not agree on all of the issues, but both are friends of mine, because Senator I believe in a decency in politics that you clearly have abandoned with your Socialist principles, and your radical social agenda, which includes trampling over traditional marriage. Your claim that Congressman Paul supports the confederacy, is baseless and in my opinion deeply offensive Senator. You should apologize to both Congressman Paul and Governor Jindal.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »

Sam Nunn's Speech Attacking Bobby Jindal and Ron Paul

Georgia isn't the birthplace of conservative values, it is a moderate state, unless you are racist and consider segregation, which I oppose, and it has no place in a 21st century society, even a 20th century society. Governor Jindal, I demand that you apologize for calling Senator Clinton's criminal reform plan in your own words, "She wants to release all non-violent criminals from prison." That is blatantly false, and you know it. I oppose parts of the Senator's plan but I know that she doesn't support what the Governor says. As for Congressman Paul, without a government, our society would fall into anarchy, and Congressman Paul supports the confederacy, which is unamerican.

Senator George Allen’s response to the attacks by Senator Nunn[

Senator Nunn, I’ve known you for a number years. Your attacks on Governor Jindal and Representative Paul are down right false. You’ve embraced the unconstitutional stance of the activist judges, and become another crony to President Gore and the Socialist Democrats in New York, Washington, and Los Angeles. Sir, do not attack hard working, freedom loving, patriotic Americans like Governor Jindal, and Representative Paul. We may not agree on all of the issues, but both are friends of mine, because Senator I believe in a decency in politics that you clearly have abandoned with your Socialist principles, and your radical social agenda, which includes trampling over traditional marriage. Your claim that Congressman Paul supports the confederacy, is baseless and in my opinion deeply offensive Senator. You should apologize to both Congressman Paul and Governor Jindal.
I am not a socialist. I am a Democrat. I have been elected in Georgia and have been praised by Senator Warner, your fellow Senator, who is a moderate like me. I support the ending of nuclear weapons so that the world doesn't fall to nuclear warfare. Governor Jindal closed rural clinics that help many Lousianians, every day, and supports cuts to Social Security and Medicaid. Representative Paul is a radical who wants everything to be owned by corperations. On Gay Marriage: Since when did supporting Gay marriage, allowing two people who love each other to marry, is a radical social agenda. I read the bible, and it didn't even say anything about homosexuality in the original bible and many christian martyrs are gay. 

Senator Nunn if you were so supportive of homosexual marriage then why did you vote for the Defense of Marriage Act? Marriage is and will continue to be between one man and one woman that is the way the founding fathers intended it to be, and that is how it will continue to be, you keep making baseless attacks against Governor Jindal and Congressman Paul. In the United States, we need to defend marriage, because the sanctity of that holiest and important ceremony is under threat Senator. Representative Paul and Governor Jindal while they oppose me in this primary, are patriotic, red-blooded Americans, who want to see America continue forward with lower taxes, fewer regulations, and our traditional family values. Your radical left-wing agenda is not approved by the American people, and it is frankly terrifying you identify yourself as a moderate because it shows just how far left the Democratic party has sled to Socialism and the disrespect of our founding fathers and constitution.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 08:07:44 PM »

Allen for America
A New Future

Campaign Constants in Iowa

Always focus on recruiting younger voters and volunteers on the campuses of the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, Northern Iowa University, and Drake University
Always focus on reaching out to voters and fundraising through online and grassroots efforts
Always tout George’s experience in the United States Senate as a Commonsense Conservative and his record of lowering crime as Governor
Always connect to voters on a personal level, use first names and tell the voters to call him George

Campaign Constants in South Carolina

Always connect to voters on a personal level, use first names and ask people  to call him George
Always mention George’s commitment to his Christian faith
Always mention George’s career in business before entering politics

Surrogate Schedules
Senator Chuck Grassley- Campaigning in Iowa

Senator Grassley will continue to campaign in Iowa, however he will instead focus on stumping for George in the suburbs of the major cities in Iowa. Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, and The Quad Cities. He will also join the 2nd act of George’s ‘Faith and Freedom’ Iowa Bustour, where they will focus on appealing to the suburbanites west of Des Moines, those in Davenport, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids and many of Iowa’s farmers.  Senator Grassley will focus on George’s key issues, such as eliminating the death tax, his support of the ethanol tax credit, his pro-gun stance, and his social conservatism supporting the Federal Marriage Amendment, that establishes marriage between one man and one woman.

Candidate Schedule

April

Iowa

April 1-3: Hold a series of town halls in Des Moines
Donna Moss: Senator, I know people who think that you’re too conservative, and won’t represent Republicans who have more moderate views as well. How will you make sure the GOP defeats the Democrats in November if you are the nominee?  

Well, some people call me too moderate, some people call me too conservative. I'm just a conservative who wants to bring back our working and middle class with policies that work for the American people. I believe if we unite the working class behind our party, we will win in November because they aren't just a specific faction of Republican Party, or the Democratic party they are the majority of the country. I'm very confident in our ability to unite not just the Republican Party but the entire country.

The working class has been defeated in these past years under Clinton and Gore. More people are in poverty than ever before, we are dependent on foreign oil when we have enough in the United States, we need to tap into our resources to continue to lead the world. Our campaign's goal is to represent the increasingly disappointed middle and  working class. It's time for new policies in this country, and if the Republican Party doesn't embrace that, I can't see the Republican Party winning in 2008.

You may have people who say that a moderate candidate can win.  I believe the only person who can win in 2008  is someone who can represent the majority of the country, the disappointed working class. Our campaign is doing that. It's about protecting the people on main street, not in Washington. That's what the Republican Party needs to win, and that's what I would fight for day one in office.

April 4-9: 'Faith and Freedom Tour'  in Iowa, 5  town hall events with Senator Chuck Grassley, Representative King, and Representative Latham. 2 meet & greets.

April 11-13:   Held 6  town hall events on the eastern part of Iowa with Senator Chuck Grassley, delivered pep talk to Iowa campaign staff in Des Moines.  Give an interview with MSNBC.

Reporter: "So, Senator Allen, you have been claiming to be the candidate that is 'the one about bringing back the working class.' Can you explain why you're that candidate?"

George: "Well, I am the only candidate in this race that as governor I slashed taxes, regulations, and created jobs. When I left office as Governor over 300,000 jobs were created the most ever, but that's besides the point. The point is my policies would set the stage for the biggest middle class comeback since the 1950’s and 60’s. When I implement bold, new Tax cuts, everyone will benefit and we can finally eliminate the power the Federal Government wields over the American people, because there will be no need for it. In a few days I’m going to be launching my Independent energy proposal, where by 2015 America will be fully energy Independent by utilizing  . We'll authorize pipelines that are needed but have been stalled by the unconstitutional practices of Activist judges. We'll allow drilling on federal land land and that alone will bring 50 trillion in energy resources. Gas prices will dramatically lower, people will be getting their full check, and low income earners will especially benefit under the tax cuts that will also help to balance the budget."

Reporter: "Some of your most well-known policies are the self titled  3 a’s standing for the three constitutional amendments you would live to see passed. Can you go into more detail about these?"

George: "Well, the three A’s are quite simple, The Balanced Budget amendment, the Marriage Defense Amendment, and the Flag Desecration amendment. We require a balanced budget, because for too long has the bloated federal government spent more money than we can afford, and they’re passing this debt down to our future generations. The balanced budget amendment will assure fiscal responsibility and it has widespread bipartisan support and I am sure that it will be enshrined in our constitution. The Marriage Defense amendment is to defend the sanctity of our nation’s core values, it is my belief and the belief of hundreds of millions of Americans that marriage should be and is between one man and one woman. This amendment was actually originally put forward by a Democratic member of the House, and it still has bipartisan support so I believe we will be able to pass it. The final amendment is the flag desecration amendment, as the name says this amendment will put forth in our nation's constitution that the burning of an American flag is a crime, because those who have given the ultimate sacrifice should not be disrespected.   "

Reporter: "Right, Senator, do you think that your tax cuts will bring back the middle class, as some people have accused them of being a give away to the wealthy?"

George: "It'll be the first step to bringing it back, let me tell you that. It will not only increase revenue and deplete the deficit, but it'll also give major tax relief for all Americans. Some estimates have the revenue generated by these tax cuts surpassing the revenue generated by the bloated Federal government.. Under the tax cuts, families can get their paychecks in full with big government less of the pie, because the American people can spend their money better than the federal government can. I appreciate the criticism, but it's just common sense at this point."  

April 15: Announce the endorsement of Representative Steve King in Iowa  north of Des Moines, hold a townhall and meet and greet. Following the meet and greet, tour a manufacturing plant in Ames and speak with management and the workers on their needs during the high tax and spend era of the Gore administration.

It's great to be here in Des Moines Iowa. The reason we are here tonight.

The reason is simple. Iowa has a historic, and vital role in picking who our great party will nominate, and this is a moment of consequential history for our nation. We had activists from our party begging to George , because they knew that we needed our nation's best citizens to step forward. This is what America is all about, and this is why you, the great citizens of Iowa, have a choice to make.

Do you want a President who has experience keeping us safe? Do you want a President who has worked to put drug dealers behind bars? Do you want a President who knows how to balance a budget? Do you want a President who can fight the union kingpins, and get a fair deal for all working people?

I knew you won't let me down Iowa. This is a historic moment for our nation. And we need a historic man. We can't let the Democrats, whether it's Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama or Russ Feingold keep their hands on the steering wheel for 4 more years. Because we have for too long had the Democrats steal from the American people. We need George Allen as our next President. Because we need a fighter in Washington.

April: 16-18: Hold 6 town hall events in Northwestern Iowa, focusing primarily on social and farm issues but allowing questions on all topics and issues that may be affecting the voters. These events will be held with Senator Grassley, Congressman Pence, and Congressman King.

South Carolina

April 19: Give a radio interview on WKFR 104.32

Radio Host: "Alright, WFKR 104.3, we've got a special guest today. It's Former President . If you don't know already, South Carolina will have a Presidential primary in a few months, and Senator Allen is running for President. Thank you for joining us, Senator Allen ."

George: "It's a pleasure to be here!"

Radio Host: "Alright, our questions will come from the viewers. This one comes from a local business leader. It reads: 'Senator Allen, I own a small business in Iowa. I might have to close down in a few years. What will you do to help keep me open?'"

George: "That's a good question. I have been a businessman and I have had the same feeling you’ve had. I'd like to implement across the board tax cuts, and what that basically does is it drastically lowers the corporate tax, your income tax, without taking money away from your social security and medicare. You'll be making significant gains right off the bat. The millions of Americans just scraping by will receive a huge tax break, and  It won't bankrupt the country either, when we repeal Gorecare we will expand the surplus. It means you'll have more in your pocket and the government will have less control over how you spend your money. It'll create more revenue because the people of the United States can put more money into the economy. You'll have more in your pocket overall when you take your check home. If you want to hear more about that, please look at my website www.AllenForAmerica08.com ."

Radio Host: "Thank you, Senator, here's our next question: 'The middle class in America has been struggling to pay for gas with American dependence on foreign oil, and the new environmental regulations passed by President Gore ?'

George: "These past few years have seen some pretty high gas prices. That's why I want to help see less regulations on the necessary oil pipelines authorized because when we don't let them be built, we cut off our ability to create low enough gas prices for people to afford. I want people to be able to drill on federal land. We're leaving the biggest reserves on Earth out here. If we just used these policies, we would have significantly lower and more affordable gas prices and the American people wouldn’t be suffering at the pump like they are under President Gore."

Radio Host: "And one more question: 'People say conservatives are going to cut social security, will you cut my social security funding?'"

George: "Absolutely not. I will defend social security and medicare funding. I believe we have a moral responsibility to protect our seniors and other social security recipients. In Fact, we’ll remove Congressional Pensions because we can’t afford them, People in Congress  don't deserve special treatment. Hard working people paid into their social security fund, we have the obligation to fund them.  We need to update Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid for the 21st century we need reform not cuts. "

Radio Host: "Thank you Senator Allen for showing up, that's all the questions we have."

George: "Thank you for letting me on your show."
April 20: Meet with Governor Sanford and members of the South Carolina congressional delegation discussing the possibility of an endorsement. Also meet with members of the clergy, and the board of the South Carolina chapter of the National Right to Life Committee, where George reaffirms his position on overturning Roe v. Wade.

April 21: Campaign in Columbia  with Chuck Norris and Mike Pence, where George speaks at a church in the morning, before going onto have a major rally in the city of Columbia where George affirms his positions on the Marriage Defense Amendment, Balanced Budget Amendment, and the Flag Desecration Amendment where he announces he will be putting them forward in the Senate for a vote.

April 22: George campaigns in rural South Carolina laying out his plan  for lower taxes, the marriage defense amendment, and other goals that will lower the government's grip on American lives. When he was asked about his model for a Supreme Court Justice George answered:

'You know I hope the court is going to strike down Gorecare. The law is unconstitutional, and it's bad for America. You can't force people to buy health insurance, you can't bind their hands like this. It's everything that is wrong with Washington.

But you know what, I know that you folks don't need reminding how important the Supreme Court is. It's the longest legacy a President has. President Gore has already got few of his choices through and when we reach

People always ask me who my model Justice is; it's simple. It's Former Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. She's got a sensible, limited view of governmental power. She upheld the right for an individual to own a firearm. She's protected pro-life policies, and she's been a much needed voice on the court. If I'm asked to select a Justice, you bet I'm going to be appointing someone in the mould of Mrs. O’Connor.

And you can trust me on that; in Virginia when Democrats in the legislature tried to force through activist judges , I rejected them. I didn't care what the Democrats, or the papers said. The court was out of control, and had become a rubber stamp for the Democrats. So I stood up. I'll continue to stand up for limited Government as President, believe me.

April 23: Give an interview to MSNBC, begin debate prep.
April 24-28: 10 town halls all across South Carolina, for some he is joined by Representative Pence or Mr. Chuck Norris, for others he is joined by both men, and for some he is alone. 3 meet and greets
April 29: Give a pep talk to South Carolina volunteers and have a luncheon with conservative activists
April 30: Give a Speech as the University of South Carolina to the colleges Young Republicans club.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 01:18:49 AM »

George Allen lays out Middle East Strategy

In an interview with Bill O'Riley while in Wyoming, Senator George Allen laid out his plan for combating the Iranian nuclear program. Senator Allen began with, "I've served on the Senate Foreign Relations committed for the past 7 years and, It seems like Iran doesn't care to negotiate, they don't care to look at the incentives and in fact, appeasement of Iran, and letting Iran decide when they want to start negotiations after they continue development, is not an approach I think is going to get you the result we desire." he later continued with, "If Iran develops nuclear weapons they are a threat not just to peace in the middle east, and peace with Israel, but peace around the world. A nuclear Iran is not and will never bee acceptable, We as Americans have a solemn duty and a moral imperative to deny Iran's leaders the means to follow through on their malevolent intentions. This crisis with Iran over their attempted build-up of nuclear weapons the most serious crisis we have faced since the end of the Cold War." Looking deeper on Senator Allen's website it can be found that his key policies include:

• Focusing on neutralizing the Government of Iran’s destabilizing influence and constraining its aggression, particularly its support for terrorism and militants.
  • Revitalizing our traditional alliances and regional partnerships as bulwarks against Iranian subversion and restore a more stable balance of power in the region, by increasing American military and economic aid to Israel, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.
  • Counter threats to the United States and our allies from ballistic missiles and other weapons.
  • Rally the international community to condemn the IRGC’s gross violations of human rights and its unjust detention of American citizens and other foreigners on specious charges.
  • Deny the Iranian regime all paths to a nuclear weapon.
  • The Trump administration has instituted an array of sanctions against Iran for its destabilizing activities and actions.

Among other policies, some of the key planks from the Allen campaign, include ramping up foreign aid to American allies in the Middle East, including NATO member Turkey, and Israel. In regards to Israel, Senator Allen said, "No American leader should be expected to sell a false peace to our ally, or consider Israel's right to self-defense less legitimate than ours, or insist that Israel negotiate a political settlement while terrorism remains the Palestinians' preferred bargaining tool." Senator Allen continued on his strong rhetoric in the middle east with, "We need to fight back against Al Qaeda, I think we need to seriously invest into our defense and intelligence infrastructure because during the Gore administration we have suffered heinous attacks by Al Qaeda, with the bombings at the Massachusetts State Capital and the St. Mary's Baptist Church in Laredo, Texas. I don't think the Gore administration has done enough to fight back against Islamic terrorism."

Allen presents Energy Policy

Today, while he was touring an Oil refinery in Casper, Wyoming. Senator George Allen announced to the press following his campaign, his energy policy focuses mainly on energy Independence for the United States and crushing the dependence the United States has on foreign oil. Senator Allen told the reporters, "By reducing our dependence on foreign oil and investing in domestic energy production, like oil, coal, and ethanol. We can begin to bring down prices at the pumps, create thousands of new jobs, and bring a much-needed boost to our economy." According to Senator Allen's website, we will ensure North American energy independence by 2016 by pursuing a sharp increase in the production of oil, coal, and natural gas on federal lands off the East Coast of the United States, and in the Gulf of Mexico. When asked for further comment on his plans Senator Allen said, "Today, one of the greatest problems with the United States is the overreliance on Foreign Oil. By the year 2016, we can put that reliance to an end. Over the first 4 years of my administration, we will invest heavily in Oil, Natural Gas, Coal, and Biofuels like ethanol, because I can assure that these policies will create hundreds of thousands of new jobs, across the United States, and lower the price at the pump. The first thing we need to do is repeal and replace the disastrous carbon emissions limit imposed by President Gore"   

Continuing on his talking point of the dependence on foreign oil, Allen said, "In 2007 we're on pace to set a new record, we're going to import over 4 million barrels of oil at 58 dollars a barrel no wonder the gas prices are so high. This is a failure of the Gore administration because they think that the temperature of the world going up by one-tenth of a degree 100 years from now is a bigger concern then hardworking Americans not being able to fill up their cars, because of the regulations and taxes imposed by this administration. This election is about the freedom to use the blessings of our plentiful American energy resources rather than having the regulators take them off-limits." The policy also includes the abolition of the ¢4.3 federal gas, because it hurts working-class families, "The Gas tax hurts those who can't afford it the most, the working class, the middle class, and the urban poor. Under an Allen administration, the first thing we must to get the middle class back on track is abolishing the federal gas tax."

George Allen blasts McCain on Marriage Defense Amendment and Energy

This morning on Meet the Press with Tim Russert, Senator George Allen of Virginia took aim at another Republican vying for the nomination Senator John McCain of Arizona this time it was on the Marriage Defense Amendment, an issue at the forefront of Senator Allen's campaig, and something it appears a majority of GOP voters support, "Tim over these past few years the core American values that we all must share have come under attack. In the United States Senate, I have been a supporter of the Marriage Defense Amendment, because it is crucial that we protect marriage, one of our nation's most sacred instituions. Senator McCain disagrees, he joined Democrats like Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton in opposing the amendment. We need a President who will stand up to Harry Reid, and not join him in trampling over America values. I think this is the best place to announce it, I will be presenting the the Marriage Defense Amendment, The Balanced Budget Amendment, and The Flag Desecration Amendment to the United States Senate in the coming days. I hope Senator McCain and the rest of the United States Senate joins me in supporting these amendments because they are crucial for the future of the United States."

Later in the interview while explaining his newly unveiled energy policy Senator Allen took a stab at Senator McCain again attacking him on his ethanol policy, "When I am President, we aren't only going to keep the ethanol tax subsidy we will double it from 7 billion dollars, to 14 billion dollars. Some of the other candidates in this race, notably Senator McCain want to do away with the ethanol tax subsidy. I've known John for many years, and I agree with him on many issues, but on this issue he is simply wrong if he want energy independence, we're going to have to continue to invest in ethanol. Under Senator McCain's plan tens of thousands of hardworking Americans across the nation would be put out of work. Senator McCain has spent his decades long career in Washington fighting against some policies that help red-blooded patriotic working class Americans. My plan brings tens of thousands of jobs to the United States, in Oil, Natural Gas, Ethanol, and Coal. Senator McCain's plan would continue having America be beholden to foreign oil interests, if we want to continue being a 21st century superpower we need Energy Independence."
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 12:57:57 AM »

Allen for America
A New Future

Campaign Constants in Wyoming

Campaign Constants in California
Always focus on George’s record on lowering taxes, supporting education funding, and gun rights while in the Senate and as Governor.
Always focus on reaching out to conservative activists/young people to work to build a grassroots movement to win the primary.
Always talk to ranchers on eliminating the death tax to protect family farms and all Americans who have made themselves successful through the American dream.
Always talk to voters and make their issues feel important, no one person is too small for George to talk to.

Campaign Constants in Michigan
Always hammer home the message of JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! Focus on plans to keep manufacturing  jobs in the United States and to bring back the jobs that were lost
Always talk about how the career politicians in Washington are responsible for the loss in manufacturing jobs including President Clinton and President Gore.
Always reach out to large donors (i.e. the DeVos family) to help fundraise in the state 

Surrogate Schedules

Senator Chuck Grassley- campaigning in Iowa

Senator Grassley will continue to campaign in Iowa, however he will instead focus on stumping for George in the suburbs of the major cities in Iowa. Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, and The Quad Cities. He will also focus on appealing to the suburbanites west of Des Moines, those in Davenport, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids and many of Iowa’s farmers.  Senator Grassley will focus on George’s key issues, such as eliminating the death tax, his support of the ethanol tax credit, his pro-gun stance, and his social conservatism supporting the Federal Marriage Amendment, that establishes marriage between one man and one woman.

Congressman Steve King- Campaigning in Iowa

Congressman King will campaign for George in his home district. This district is one of the most deeply conservative parts of the state, and it represents a good number of key counties in the campaign’s caucus strategy. Congressman King will mainly focus his efforts in Council Bluffs, Spencer, Storm Lake, Le Mars, and Sioux City. The main issues King will focus on are George’s conservatism, his stance on ethanol, government accountability, eliminating the death tax, and his general efforts to curb government spending and lower taxes on average Americans.

Congressman Tom Latham- Campaigning in Iowa

Congressman Latham will be campaigning in his district that covers many of Des Moines suburbs his main focuses will be convincing suburban voters that George is the best candidate to represent their interests with his goal of lowering taxes, support for gun rights, while being a job creator and businessman along with how George will end the death tax when elected President. The key cities/counties Congressman Latham will focus on are, the counties surrounding Des Moines in Madison, Warren, Dallas, and Story. He will also campaign heavily in the cities of Ames, Fort Dodge, and Mason City.

Congressman Mike Pence- Campaigning in Iowa and South Carolina

Congressman Mike Pence of Indiana will be campaigning for George in Iowa, in April before joining the camp to stump in South Carolina. Pence is a committed evangelical and will speak at many churches throughout Iowa, specifically in Congressman King’s and Congressman Latham’s districts in Iowa. He will spend much of his time stumping with Congressman King or Congressman Latham, but he will also make numerous appearances with George, and Senator Grassley throughout the state. In South Carolina, he will focus mostly on the Western portions of the state near Greenville. He will also spend a lot of time in churches in South Carolina stumping among the heart of the Evangelical south.

Mr. Chuck Norris- Campaigning in Florida

The famous movie star Chuck Norris will be campaigning for George in Florida and South Carolina, Norris is a committed christian and conservative and he is supportive of George’s views on traditional marriage, abortion, and gun control. In Florida he will focus his efforts on the Senior Citizen community, and in northern Florida in both places he will emphasize George’s support of lower taxes and a government that is more accountable to the American people. He will make several appearances with George, and Mike Pence while in Florida, where he will also be stumping for George.  Norris will primarily be comparing George to Ronald Reagan for his fiscal conservatism, no nonsense attitude, and his passion for helping the American people.

Mr. Robert “Kid Rock” Ritchie- Campaigning in Michigan
Mr.Ritchie, better known by his stage name ‘Kid Rock’ will be campaigning for George in Michigan, Rock is a well known conservative musician and is quite popular in his home state of Michigan which is a crucial early primary. He will focus his campaigning in West Michigan, hitting the key counties of Ottawa, Kent, Kalamazoo, along with the Eastern Michigan counties of Wayne, Macomb, Monroe, Ingham, finally finishing in the Upper Peninsula where the GOP is smaller, but growing as he attempts to appeal Independents to George’s campaign.

May

Wyoming

Key Issues: Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, Death Tax, and Healthcare

May 1: Host a roundtable with local community leaders on expanding the United States Energy Sector and announce the plan for American Energy Independence by 2016.

May 2: Tour an Oil and Gas refinery while meeting with management and the workers on what we can do to make the process better for smaller companies to enter the market. Also meet with Governor Frudenthal, and the Speaker of the Wyoming State House and Senate Majority Leader to discuss the energy industry in Wyoming and across the United States.

May 3: Give an interview to This Week with George Stephanopolous

George Stephanopoulos: Senator, in some recent interviews you've implied that you're different from other Republican candidates, can you elaborate on that?

George Allen: Well, when you look at the field of candidates, there are only a couple that have stayed consistent on issues. When it is my time to answer the questions at the next debate, several of the candidates had already flipped on some very important issues. They're the people that will say one thing in Boston and another thing in Birmingham. Senator John McCain, for example, flipped on Same Sex Marriage. He said he was against it a few days ago, but he refuses to cosponser the Marriage Defense amendment. People like those.. you really can't tell if they'll stick to their word in DC.

I will never lead this campaign off the issues, the ethics, the experience because we don't need to continue playing gotcha politics in Washington D.C. I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's about time we end it. We need a leader with a backbone for once. A leader on the issues. The difference is my track record shows exceptionalism in fiscal and social conservatism. In Virginia while I was Governor, We cut taxes by 600 million dollars and we drastically improved our schools with higher standards.

To the voters watching: I'm not going to play the typical dirty politics game. We're going to speak about the issues, the values, the vision, and we ain't gonna stop doing that. We're gonna stay consistent on that no matter how many of our opponents don't stay consistent. We're gonna win a future for the American people, because the middle class can’t afford another 4 years of high taxes, and bigger government.

May 4: Hold a town hall and roundtable in Jasper, Wyoming on the Energy Industry and Social Issues. 
May 5: Make a speech laying out the plan to eliminate the death tax, and lower taxes on average Americans
May 6-9: Made speeches in Casper, Jackson, Cheyenne, Cody, and Laramie focusing on Energy Independence, Social Issues, and Helping struggling Farmers by ending the death tax.

For too long politicians in Washington have been afraid to tackle the broken tax code that has stifled growth, suppressed individuals, and smothered our economy. We need an ambitious plan to truly reform our tax system to make it fairer, simpler and lower for all citizens.

My plan would be simple. I want to reform the tax code to encourage growth, and to get our economy booming again. Now before I start, I know. Speaking up here is the easy part; but I've done it in New Jersey. Not only did I walk away when the Democrats tried to make me sign tax increases, but I then passed a budget without a single tax increase, and capped property tax rises.
 I've walked the walk; so please, listen for the next 20 minutes, as I talk the talk, and tell you about my plan to get our tax system working again.

My first action would be to cut down the tax brackets to three easier, simpler brackets-the highest at 25%, then 14% and then 8% for those earning the least. I'd then cut the corporate rate to 25% to allow America to attract the best and the brightest businesses in the world, and to get more high-quality jobs in America. I'd get rid of payroll tax for those under the age of 22, or over the age of 62 to get them back into the Labour market, and I'd get rid of the tax loopholes that allow companies to profit from shipping jobs overseas. Finally, I'd scrap the estate tax, so that politicians in Washington no longer use the success as a slush fund for their out of control spending. We need to use our tax system to encourage the creation of high-quality jobs; that's the American way of getting out of economic hardship. We fight, and we pull our-self back up. My tax plan allows America to do this. It's time to fight, and get our middle class back into the battle

Wyoming
Key Issues: Immigration reform, Same Sex Marriage, Death Tax, and Healthcare

May 10: Meet with African American and Latino leaders in Los Angeles, as both communities have large segments that are socially conservative, George talks about his moderate views on education, while he supports the Marriage Defense Amendment, and overturning Roe v. Wade. He also talks about his deep religious beliefs.

May 11-12: Host a pair of town halls and roundtable discussions near the United States-Mexico border to discuss immigration reform and announce the new campaign policy on the issue. Meet with the "Minutemen" Border Patrol who patrol the US-Mexico and identify as a "citizen's militia". 

May 13-16: Host town halls in communities in Los Angeles that are primarily African American or Hispanic and discuss religious issues, social issues such as abortion, same-sex marriage, and criminal justice. George will also tour community centers in these inner-city communities.

May 17: Meet with Governor Schwarzenegger and other leaders in the California GOP including, Rep's Nunes and McArthy along with the State Party Chairman. Offer George's help with any upcoming house races in the state and discuss the future of the GOP in California.

May 18: Meet with local GOP officials in the central valley and GOP activists attempting to recruit prescient captains and local surrogates for the campaign. Give a pep talk to campaign volunteers and staffers in the Bakersfield Field Office.

May 19-21: Finish the California tour by speaking Timber workers in Northern California, and then heading to a series of churches to speak to the congregations about George's faith. Finally ending with a roundtable with the California GOP leadership on improving the GOP in the state.
Michigan
Key Issues: Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, Jobs, and Healthcare
May 22: Give a speech to the Hillsdale College student body, on the necessary fact that America needs to balance the budget, protect traditional marriage, and ban the desecration of the American flag. 

May 23: Meet with Dick and Betsy DeVos along with members of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and Michigan Right to Life Committee on the upcoming Presidential primary in January. Attempt to court the support of Dick and Betsy DeVos as the need for large donors opens up for the campaign.

May 24-25: Continue to recruit GOP leaning college students and young people to volunteer for the campaign by delivering speeches in East Lansing and Ann Arbor home to two of Michigan's largest colleges, solid performance in the college towns combined with good support from rural Michigan will allow for the victory in the state come January.

May 26: Host a for charity Rock Concert and announce the endorsement of Michigan native and popular musician Kid Rock, before the concert George speaks to the crowd on conservative values and the importance of voting.

May 27-30: Hold town halls and roundtables in central Michigan and the 'thumb' including Saginaw, Macomb, and Warren.
I became pro-life in 1978 when I found out Susan was pregnant, we went into the hospital, and I heard something beautiful. I heard the 13-week old heartbeat of our daughter. I froze. All I could hear was that beat of life. I remember on the car-ride home thinking, how could anyone be pro-choice?

I didn't become pro-life by having a conversation with an Academic. I didn't become pro-life when I wanted to run for some higher office. No, I became pro-life when I heard that heartbeat. When I heard that life?

When I ran to be Governor of Virginia I was honest with voters- I'm proud about being pro-life. People have a lot more respect for you if you tell them the truth. It's why people hate politicians. We need leaders who are honest. Leaders who are in touch with their emotions, and Leaders who are not afraid of talking about their morals.

My life changed in 1978 when I heard that heartbeat. If I'm elected President, I'll remember that heart-beat every day in office.

May 31: Celebrate Memorial Day, and release policy to reform Veterans healthcare and the VA.

Campaign Messaging
Focus George’s plan to cut taxes on middle and working-class Americans in all states
Explain the fight to repeal the death tax and support ethanol subsidies in farming communities
Explain the support of the Marriage Defense Amendment the “One Man and One Woman” belief
We need to update Social Security and Medicare to the 21st Century through reform, not cuts.
Hammer home the idea of Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! In every state visited
Emphasize healthcare reform by cutting red tape and ending the overbearing government bureaucracy.
Support for the Balanced Budget Amendment and the line-item veto to bring balance to the federal budget and beat back against the national debt.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 06:36:57 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2020, 06:52:15 PM by Orwell was a Socialist you ignorant hick »

Hello, I'd like to begin the night by thanking Mr.Brian Williams for hosting this town hall, and thanking my fellow candidates for participating in it. This election is much like that of 1980, many years of Democratic rule, and an incompetent Democratic President. That President having betrayed the American values they promised to protect. In 1980, the GOP nominated someone who was not going to play the political games in Washington, the GOP nominated someone who wasn't going to stand by and wait for the Washington machine to drag their feet, that man was and today is an idol to millions of Americans, that man was Ronald Reagan and he would go onto lead America into a new age, with lower taxes, a smaller government, and a strong national defense. I will, as President strive to repeat the successes of President Reagan and to be your nominee for President of the United States would be the greatest honor that could be given to me. As President, I will fight for lower taxes, fewer regulations, and for the first time in our nation's history enshrine into our constitution the Marriage Defense Amendment, to define marriage as between one man and one woman the Balanced budget amendment, to make sure the federal government can balance their pocketbook like a middle-class family and the Flag desecration amendment because the symbol for which brave Americans gave the ultimate sacrifice should not be desecrated. I will take these actions because the American people should be able to preach the freedoms ordained to them in the constitution, and live life without the threat of federal intervention, because as President Reagan said, "The 9 most terrifying words in the English Language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

Typical political wisdom would say that after 16 years of Democratic control in the White House, that the American people would opt for a Republican candidate. How are you the best candidate to make sure that there is a Republican in the White House for the first time in 16 years?

For the past 16 years, the Democrats in Washington have weakened America, and strengthened their friends in New York and California. 4 more years of a Democratic administration would mean higher taxes, more regulations, and less freedom. This election is not about deciding between the Democrats and Republicans this is about striking out for what is right, as Governor of Virginia I brought together Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who wanted to keep traditional American values, be tough on crime, and lower taxes, by doing that I was elected by the largest margin in 50 years. I am the best candidate not just on the Republican side for President, but out of any candidate because I have helped people and I want to continue to help people. As Governor, I lowered taxes, because when Americans know how to better use their money than the government does. As Governor, I helped cut 75% of Virginia's regulations, because businesses need less red tape and government bureaucracy, not more.  

In 2006, Congress repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell which did not allow gay, bisexual, or transgender people to serve in the military. Do you agree with this action by Congress, and if elected, would you be in favor of repealing the Defense of Marriage Act?

Repealing The repeal of Don't Ask Don't tell was a massive mistake by this administration, I would prefer if homosexuals did not serve in the United States military, a study from the RAND corporation says that with the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell the United States military will lose up to 10 percent of its possible recruits every year, homosexuals should not serve in the military, because they can disrupt unit cohesion and I believe that Senator McCain, Governor Fletcher, and Secretary Powell would agree with me, and during my time in the Senate and as Governor of Virginia I spoke with many servicemen and veterans and many of them too were against homosexuals serving openly in the military, because of unit cohesion, and we cannot put our brave soldiers in harm's way to please a few Americans trying to push a radical social agenda.

In regards to the Defense of Marriage Act, I believe it hasn't gone far enough. That is why I proposed to Congress a constitutional amendment, the Marriage Protection Amendment, which defined marriage as being between one man and one woman, but those on the radical left, such as Hillary Clinton, Russ Feingold, allied with John McCain to defeat the amendment and continue to let American values be pushed to the wayside to push their radical social agendas, as President I will appoint conservative judge's to the Supreme Court, not judges who will bend over backward to please the radical liberal crowd, because this is the United States and we have our laws made from the constitution.

Some critics of President Gore have said that the Department of Homeland Security isn't needed because there have only been small terror attacks, which aren't worthy of creating a whole new federal government department. Others have said that this didn't go far enough. Where do you stand on the Department of Homeland Security?

I am ashamed of President Gore when Americans were massacred in Laredo, Berkley, and Boston he took the normal left-wing Democrat position of throw money at the problem. Gore is nothing more than a tax and spends liberal, I'll tell you what we should have done and what we will do on Day 1, we will strengthen our national security and end the wasteful tax and spend policies of the Gore administration if we are going to combat radical Islamic terrorism perpetrated by the likes of Osama Bin Laden, let us first ask ourselves of who let these attacks happen? These attacks and every single life lost in them was a failure by the Clinton and Gore administrations to protect American citizens in their own nation.

I supported the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, and I support it to this day, but I question why it took so long and why so many American lives were lost before the Gore administration acted. As President, I will strike at Terrorism before it takes the lives of innocent Americans. In Laredo, Texas, innocent Americans were slaughtered in the pews of their church, these people who committed these attacks are monsters, and they should be dealt with like they are. As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations I have been apart of numerous hearings on the success of the Department, and I have been apart of hearings detailing the failures of the Clinton and Gore administrations to stop these violent hateful and disgusting acts of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism.

During your 2006 re-election campaign, you referred to someone who was a staffer for your opponent, Jim Webb, as a "Macaca," a Portuguese word that's translated to 'monkey'. (Here's the exact quote: "This fellow here over here with the yellow shirt, Macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent. He's following us around everywhere.") What do you say to your critics that say that your remarks are racist?

What I said to Mr.Sidharth, was a slip of the tongue. My remarks may have not been appropriate for the time, but they were not intended to be racist, they were a simple mistake, and I apologized to him if I had offended him. I think the real question is why is the Liberal mainstream media pushing this non-story? I believe it is an attempt to hurt my candidacy because when I am elected I am promising to fight the corruption that the Democrats and the mainstream media have perpetrated these last 16 years, and when I am President we're going to take the fight to corruption.

As I finish my remarks tonight, I ask you not as Republicans, Democrats, or Independents, I ask you as Americans. I ask you to help return American values to our nation because for these last 16 years the Democrats have pushed for a radical social agenda, and tried to crush the American middle class with higher taxes and more regulations. I SAY NO MORE! I say that we restore American values. I say that we balance the budget. I say that we cut taxes. I say that we defend the sanctity of traditional marriage in the United States. In Washington today the Democrats are trying to defund medicare with their unconstitutional Gorecare proposal as President on day 1 we're going to start repealing the disastrous Gorecare. I'm George Allen, and I'm not going to be playing the Washington games like the Democrats are, I'm not a career politician I'm a businessman, thank you, good night god bless you all and god bless America.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »

George Allen announces new education proposal

Today while speaking to a group of teachers in Centre, Pennsylvania. Senator George Allen (R-VA) announced a new comprehensive education reform proposal titled "No Child Left Behind" it would authorize several federal education programs that are administered by the states. The law would be a reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Under the proposed law, states are required to test students in reading and math in grades 3–8 and once in high school. It would also include limited school choice, and add more personal accountability to school districts. The proposal also requires states to provide "highly qualified" teachers to all students. Each state can set its own standards for what counts as "highly qualified." Similarly, the act requires states to set "one high, challenging standard" for its students. Each state decides for itself what counts as "one high, challenging standard," but the curriculum standards must be applied to all students, rather than having different standards for students in different cities or other parts of the state. 

Schools must pass yearly tests that judge student improvement over the fiscal year. These yearly standardized tests are the main means of determining whether schools live up to required standards. If required improvements are not made, the schools face decreased funding and other punishments that contribute to the increased accountability. It also gives options to students enrolled in schools failing to meet AYP. If a school fails to meet AYP targets two or more years running, the school must offer eligible children the chance to transfer to higher-performing local schools, receive free tutoring, or attend after-school programs.

Allen applaudes McCain

Following his chief opponent Senator John McCain (R-AZ) leaving the race, Senator George Allen is the concrete frontrunner for the nomination. In remarks on the campaign trail, Allen said, "I've known John for many years and I am sad to see him leave this race, he is a good man even if we don't agree on all of the issues. I think that when we look back on history, John will be seen as one of the greatest Americans of our generation. I would like to thank John for his hard work and sacrifice for protecting Americans. Now I don't agree with him on the Marriage Defense Amendment, but I can say that if I am elected President, and if he were to accept John McCain would have a place in my administration because he is a wise and thoughtful American leader because we know that John will beat cancer once again, he's a fighter."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies