opinion of this scene (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:21:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  opinion of this scene (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: opinion of this scene (see post below)
positive

neutral

negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: opinion of this scene  (Read 7595 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 09, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

Phil, you misread the scene as an attack on religion, rather than what it really is, a catharsis.

I thought it was incredible. After what was going on in the previous episodes, this was a culmination of so much pent up energy. It was a sort of catharsis for the president and the viewers. I think it was moving in its own right, rather than a jab at any group.

If you want that then this is the scene you should criticize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHaVUjjH3EI

Another phenomenal West Wing moment.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:37:52 PM »

Why is this being episode being read into as a jab at religion? Take it for what it is: a cathartic release of raw human emotion.

Especially when watching the episodes on DVD rather than when they originally aired (as I am doing), you get the buildup of emotion from the previous episodes faster because I don't wait a week between episodes. It just becomes a massive release of emotion. I think it is a great way to just relieve the audience of all the frustration and emotion building to that point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies