Are people under 25 only conservative because their parents were?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:41:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are people under 25 only conservative because their parents were?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Are people under 25 only conservative because their parents were?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Are people under 25 only conservative because their parents were?  (Read 4873 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2007, 12:53:35 PM »

"Only" automatically receives a "no" response.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »

Maybe it should have been "Are people under 25 only conservative because they are weak of mind and can't think for themselves?" then.

Oh, so now the idea is that young people who don't think like you are weak minded and can't think for themselves? Do you have some scientific basis for this line of thought, or are you just letting your emotions decide for you because you can't understand why someone would think differently than yourself?
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »

Maybe it should have been "Are people under 25 only conservative because they are weak of mind and can't think for themselves?" then.

Oh, so now the idea is that young people who don't think like you are weak minded and can't think for themselves? Do you have some scientific basis for this line of thought, or are you just letting your emotions decide for you because you can't understand why someone would think differently than yourself?

Yeah essentially.  Glad you are reacting so emotionally to an sarcastic internet forum post meant to rile people up.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »

Yeah essentially.  Glad you are reacting so emotionally to an sarcastic internet forum post meant to rile people up.

How am I supposed to know it's sarcastic? It's not like I can hear your tone of voice. This is the internet - in case you haven't noticed there's a lot of idiots on it and given that you're new here I don't know your sense of humor yet.

Besides, I'm not really that emotional about it. I typically ask for the basis of unfounded arguments as it's often easier to get someone to destroy their own argument than to destroy it yourself.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »

Well here's fodder for good conversation..
To the posters under 25 who are conservative... Why exactly are you conservative, all parentage aside?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2007, 03:06:54 PM »

Well here's fodder for good conversation..
To the posters under 25 who are conservative... Why exactly are you conservative, all parentage aside?

Fiscally - because I want to control my money - I dont want to be told to buy American even if it's not cheaper - but if you want to, go ahead.

Socially - I'm a Chrsitian, and think that gov't should reflect SOME morals, while still leaving the door open for religous tollerance and freedom.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies