The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:19:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread  (Read 139572 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 29, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »

Monti?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »

Eurozone leaders (France and Germany) will want one leader from them to be next leader of European Union to not show weakness. That takes Reinfeldt out equation.

Please don't post statements about stuff you clearly have no understanding off.

Talking of that, Hollande and Merkel aren't very close. Through, if I remember well, Monti and Hollande often sided together, against Merkel during meetings, according to media.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »

I'm surprised to see there is so much Swedes here.
Hopefully, that will raise awareness towards Swedish politics, which aren't clear for many.
Myself, I have a tendency to confuse Danish and Swedish politics.

The main left party is having issues with the other left parties and the main right-wing party has a wierd name and plenty of small allies.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 08:57:14 PM »

My solution would be, stop funding these companies and give this money to the public hospitals and schools instead. If you want to be a for-profit company, there's no reason the State should subsidize you.

Ah but then you get the problem that only the wealthy can buy private alternatives. I can assure you that it's not a solution that'd be accepted by anyone on the swedish left.

Who cares, as long as the public options are of good quality?

Well, there will be more people in the public system than in the private one, so, rich people using private option will get care quicker.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:55:39 AM »

The left sweeps the ground with the right on all issues but one, including the two that actually matters (education and job creation), and the thing MA takes from it is that its unfair that voters don't think the left is best at everything. Roll Eyes Are left-wingers never happy?

No, they are realistic and see than the only things the right is doing better than the left is getting the wealthy even more wealthy and enabling religion to have a place in public life.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 02:07:47 AM »

Stefan Löfven called to a meeting tonight between the government and the leaders of the centre-right opposition parties, however they have left the budget saying that they will vote for the alliance budget and that they are not willing to negotiate with the government.

Let's hope voters punish that unwillingness to negociate.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:51:48 AM »

The Sweden Democrats are rising fast in the polls: 20% in YouGov and 22% in Sentio. Not far behind S and M.

Fuck.

The only way to stop them is to increase immigration levels. What do you think of my plan?

That sound like something the mainstream Swedish parties would suggest.

I assume the joke is that this is what the Swedish government actually did when SD first got into parliament.

Interestingly, apart from 1998 when they increased their vote total by 50% they've been at least doubling their votes in every election they've run in since the party foundation in 1988. Pretty remarkable.

Well, that will stop before the end of the decade, I doubt they'll get 52% in the 2022 election.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »

Everything will go downhill from here on. In the worst case scenario, Sweden could become the new Denmark in the not too distant future.

We talk about them and deal with them, and some people may cry over that not being PC, but in the end Breivik, Pettersson, Ausonius and Mangs wasn't weeds which grew in our garden.

Indeed, they would be respectable DPP politicians in Denmark.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:31:53 AM »

What? She perfectly knows than doing that will cause her to lose her Green leader job soon. I don't see Green members backing for long after that.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 10:58:13 AM »

Okay because this just keeps getting crazier:

The Greens might ragequit the government if the motion of no confidence in the deputy PM is successful 🤣

The main reason they appear to be consider leaving the government doesn't seem to be the possible vote of no confidence against Bolund - that doesn't stand much chance of passing either way.

However they're considering it because of how furious they are at the Centre Party announcing that they will not vote for the government's budget. When the Greens participated in negotiations over forest policy with the Centre Party this autumn, most of what they got in exchange for making concessions to C was part of the budget. If the budget falls this afternoon, so does the Green victories in the deal they made with the Centre Party.

I don't understand why the Social Democrats uphold the forest deal. Center want their forest deal, they have to vote the budget.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 01:25:00 PM »

Well that was fun.

Magdalena Andersson was elected Sweden's first female PM with the mandate of forming a coalition government between the Social Democrats and the Greens. Seven hours or so later she hands in her resignation to the Speaker, asking to be put before a new vote in the Riksdag, with a mandate to form a Social Democratic minority government.

Does she need to really do this? Can't she just sack the Green ministers and replace them with Social Democratic ministers?

She should refuse to take power with the ultra-right budget she is given and put 100% of the blame on the party called "Center". They backstabbed her every step on the way.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2021, 02:18:05 PM »

God almighty but the boutique parties in Sweden really are up themselves.
There are lots of factors contributing to the slow-motion political crisis Sweden's been in over the last few years, but a massively underpriced one is that Annie Lööf is just absolutely, incredibly insufferable.

Hopefully, both the left and right hate her now, so the next clear majority will hopefully use their power to screw Centre and especially Loof over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies