Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:04:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 236404 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »

Not actually suggesting we do it but maybe the US and NATO should send some troops into Georgia at their request to take back the lands that Russia illegally took from them?
I guess you want to start World War 3 then.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »

What would our response be if Russia sent troops to conquer the rest of Ukraine and Estonia?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:47:55 PM »

Russian planes have been violating Ukrainian airspace.
Not good. How likely is it that the U.S. will break off diplomatic relations with Russia at this point?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2014, 10:30:51 AM by MATTROSE94 »

You really think Putin is going to start a nuclear war?

Eventually. He does not want it: he will grow into it gradually. At some point he will move in too far: be that to Estonia, to Poland, or beyond. At that point the West will respond with force. In terms of conventional force - and even more so in terms of resources available - of course, Russia is no match. But Putin is already drunk with success - and he will be even more convinced of his invincibility at that point, so he will miscalculate. Defeats will start - that will be what will lead him to first threaten, and then use the nukes. At every point almost until he presses the button he will think that the West is weak and will not dare not to surrender. And once he realizes that the West dares, he will be too enraged and too desperate to care.
I do think that there is a slight possibility that NATO will eventually end up going to war with Russia over their actions in Ukraine and possible incursions into Poland and Estonia, but I don't think that Putin will be stupid enough to end up using nuclear weapons against the U.S. or NATO.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 09:07:34 AM »

One interview-like question-

Where does Putin see Russia in 2024? What does he want the map to look like?
I am probably partially wrong in my analysis, but I would assume that Putin would like to see Russia absorb all of Ukraine, Estonia, Georgia and Poland over the next decade or so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies