Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 82
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 171577 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

Someone want to check on Hannity? He seems a little more unhinged than usual, if that's possible:

Sean Hannity‏ @seanhannity
Watch,  if indictment,  the Mueller “Walk”. He will Tip off Media. Mueller wants to change the narrative from REAL COLLUSION HE KNEW ABOUT!

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/924725913207656448
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »

Someone want to check on Hannity? He seems a little more unhinged than usual, if that's possible:

I'm not sure it is, actually. Probably just your imagination. Tongue
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »

Watch,  if indictment,  the Mueller “Walk”. He will Tip off Media. Mueller wants to change the narrative from REAL COLLUSION HE KNEW ABOUT!

Have they all forgotten that Mueller, not to mention his reputation for integrity, is a Republican?

I have confidence that he'll follow up any possible crimes uncovered in the investigation, no matter who committed them.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2017, 03:15:05 PM »

I have found the right-wing trying to spin this about Hilary to be very amusing.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »

Also this article is very interesting. Of course for Mueller to pull this off he has to have a ton of proof of DT being involved.

https://www.justsecurity.org/46415/mueller-authority-president-trump-unindicted-coconspirator/
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2017, 03:28:50 PM »

To be taken with a grain of salt:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »

Also this article is very interesting. Of course for Mueller to pull this off he has to have a ton of proof of DT being involved.

https://www.justsecurity.org/46415/mueller-authority-president-trump-unindicted-coconspirator/

That article is very hypothetical.  It's just something that Mueller could do, with no suggestion that he might actually do so.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »

I haven't been following this closely, but do we know for sure whether these charges are for Trump or Clinton officials?

This is your brain on FOX News.

Honestly, when I hear 'Russia', I tend to tune out so I know none of the details of the investigation, but I was watching FOX the other night and they seemed to really believe that it might be Hillary?  Whatever the outcome is, I want this Russia stuff to go away- it's just the most boring scandal ever!

Some honest advice from the middle of the road (because I like you and think you're a poster with integrity even though your positions are a little, um, extreme for me): it's time to stop relying on Fox for your political news, at least as the main source, and especially regarding anything relating to Hillary or Russia.  They used to be just another news source that happened to have a conservative bent, but lately they've dropped all pretense at being anything but a propaganda outlet.  Seriously, you're NOT getting the truth from them.

I mean, I fully agree. ER, many, many left wingers on here wouldn't listen to GeorgiaModerate and me if we would tell them something like that on here, but you have exceptional integrity. The National Review, Boston Herald, and The Daily Beast are all far more trustworthy, conservative outlets. (Though TDB isn't exactly conservative, it's certainly very trustworthy.)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »

I am so excited for tomorrow, I have been waiting a long time for this. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. This is like a kid the night before Christmas. Back in 2003 when Valerie Plame scandal was being investigated, it took 2 years into 2005 before the indictments were issued. I was expecting at least 1 year for any indictments.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2017, 04:04:17 PM »

I am so excited for tomorrow, I have been waiting a long time for this. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. This is like a kid the night before Christmas. Back in 2003 when Valerie Plame scandal was being investigated, it took 2 years into 2005 before the indictments were issued. I was expecting at least 1 year for any indictments.

Don't get too excited. While I listed my optimistic hope earlier, my bet on the most likely outcome would be an indictment a level below Manafort. One of the many shady Russian financiers he and Trump dealt with, for xample.

I'd expect more eventually. But in the end, I'd even see a silver lining to Trump and his campaign getting a clear bill of legal health. At least that would mean that Trump was wound we inflicted on ourselves, and that we're not getting pwned by the Kremlin at a war we hardly even know we're fighting.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »

Personally, I am not expecting any indictments directly related to collusion or russian interference in the election

First, a special counsel filing charges only 5 months into an investigation is incredibly rare, if not unprecedented. If these are really high crimes we are talking about, I think 5 months is simply too short a timeline.

Second, Manafort has a very very shady past outside of 2016 campaign stuff. Buzzfeed has an article out today about 2012/2013 wire transfers.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »

Personally, I am not expecting any indictments directly related to collusion or russian interference in the election

First, a special counsel filing charges only 5 months into an investigation is incredibly rare, if not unprecedented. If these are really high crimes we are talking about, I think 5 months is simply too short a timeline.

Second, Manafort has a very very shady past outside of 2016 campaign stuff. Buzzfeed has an article out today about 2012/2013 wire transfers.

I agree with this.  Manafort for financial issues seems the most likely.  Flynn is probably the second most, for acting as a foreign agent without registering.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »

I'm guessing Manafort, since the FBI already raided his house.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »

The more important question is, how long til Trump appoint Giuliani as special prosecutor to throw Clinton in jail?

Remind me: on the campaign trail, didn't Trump say he was going to appoint a special prosecutor for Clinton on his first day in office?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2017, 06:41:12 PM »

The more important question is, how long til Trump appoint Giuliani as special prosecutor to throw Clinton in jail?

Remind me: on the campaign trail, didn't Trump say he was going to appoint a special prosecutor for Clinton on his first day in office?

I love it that the he promised to lock her up but not only did he not lock her up he is facing a  much more serious criminal investigation  himself.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »

When are they gonna start arresting people?  I'm tired of waiting.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »

Patience is a virtue. Smiley  IMO it's amazing that there are indictments happening already.  This is very fast for a special counsel investigation.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2017, 07:55:25 PM »

They should've preemptively and sporadically arrested everyone being investigated just to keep things interesting.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »

Watch the indictments have nothing to do with the Trump campaign.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »

Watch the indictments have nothing to do with the Trump campaign.

They won't because these are likely being used to pressure folks to flip.  Of course, an indictment against Michael Flynn Jr. could be part of the Russia probe, but there are so many folks who still need to be interviewed before this wraps up. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »

It's Muellerday!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2017, 11:49:55 PM »

Man no new updates. Mueller is running a tight ship
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2017, 11:51:40 PM »

It's 1 in the morning.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2017, 11:52:08 PM »

It's literally sealed.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »

It's been 3 minutes since this post and still no news... tight ship indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies