Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:13:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 82
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 172167 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »

Fox News is a cancer on our society.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2017, 10:45:06 PM »

I haven't been following this closely, but do we know for sure whether these charges are for Trump or Clinton officials?

This is your brain on FOX News.

Honestly, when I hear 'Russia', I tend to tune out so I know none of the details of the investigation, but I was watching FOX the other night and they seemed to really believe that it might be Hillary?  Whatever the outcome is, I want this Russia stuff to go away- it's just the most boring scandal ever!

Gr8 b8 m8
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2017, 10:45:43 PM »

Also, where’s Jfern? I want his #hottake
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:19 PM »

Request this be stickied since we all know it's going to be the hot topic for the next few months at least.

It would be nice to have a general purpose Russia scandal sticky, but preferably a thread whose first 5 pages isn't completely polluted by troll/spam posts.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »

Also, where’s Jfern? I want his #hottake

Democrats need to stop spreading Russia lies and focus on fellating Bernie.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »

Fox News is a cancer on our society.

The terribleness of the last 20 years are easily explained by its constant drumbeat
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2017, 11:33:03 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 11:37:44 PM by IceSpear »

I haven't been following this closely, but do we know for sure whether these charges are for Trump or Clinton officials?

Honestly, when I hear 'Russia', I tend to tune out so I know none of the details of the investigation, but I was watching FOX the other night and they seemed to really believe that it might be Hillary?  Whatever the outcome is, I want this Russia stuff to go away- it's just the most boring scandal ever!

Haha wow. My post was a joke, but it was actually true!

Unless you're trolling, in which case well played.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2017, 11:48:45 PM »

It really shows how low Trump's bar is in that if only Flynn and Manafort go down that would be treated as a win. Seriously under any other president a campaign manager and NSA head going down under the same investigation would be the kiss of death
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2017, 12:14:26 AM »

I am starting to get a little bit of a "jumping the gun" feeling on this. Why does CNN know when an announcement is coming but not any details? Why would anyone leak this anyway? Also note that articles say "as soon as Monday" which doesn't tell us much of anything at all.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2017, 12:27:05 AM »

I am starting to get a little bit of a "jumping the gun" feeling on this. Why does CNN know when an announcement is coming but not any details? Why would anyone leak this anyway? Also note that articles say "as soon as Monday" which doesn't tell us much of anything at all.

I assume CNN does know who the subject of the indictment is, but is delaying reporting it lest it interfere with the investigation. I doubt Manafort whoever it is plans on fleeing, or anything, but there's a lot of reasons you don't want someone to know if they're going to be indicted until it actually happens, and I'm guessing CNN knows that letting the investigation run its course is going to be more of a ratings grabber than breaking the name tonight, only to have the investigation go sideways as a result.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2017, 12:36:59 AM »

Ding-dong the wicked witch is going down! If Mueller is doing his job right, then the recipients of these charges will be Clinton and/or members of her team. The treason the Clintons committed with the Uranium One Deal is inexcusable and has likely been investigated for a while, but the Fake News Media was never going to tell the truth of that to the public. It simply doesn't fit their agenda of promoting the Clintons. Or maybe this is about the doggie dossier which is about Russian disinformation to slander President Trump, which that left-wing traitor James Comey used to initiate these failed investigations into Trump and his team. Or perhaps it has something to do with Fusion GPS, which peddled fake news stories directly from the Kremlin to the left-wing media machine.

I mean, the Clintons gave away our nuclear capabilities to the Russians in exchange for assistance when Hillary ran for President. It's treason, that's what it is. This breaking news was probably leaked by someone high-up so the media would have time to warn the Clintons and their people ahead of the charges being brought against them. It's about damn time that criminal family and their criminal enablers in the Democratic Party face the consequences. They thought they were slick collaborating with the Russians then blaming it on the Trump team; what a bunch of disgusting traitors the entire Soros funded Democratic Party is. Just wait until the Trump team is completely exonerated and that wicked witch is rotting behind bars!

Did I do my crazy right-wing talking points/conspiracy theory correctly?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2017, 01:44:40 AM »

Ding-dong the wicked witch is going down! If Mueller is doing his job right, then the recipients of these charges will be Clinton and/or members of her team. The treason the Clintons committed with the Uranium One Deal is inexcusable and has likely been investigated for a while, but the Fake News Media was never going to tell the truth of that to the public. It simply doesn't fit their agenda of promoting the Clintons. Or maybe this is about the doggie dossier which is about Russian disinformation to slander President Trump, which that left-wing traitor James Comey used to initiate these failed investigations into Trump and his team. Or perhaps it has something to do with Fusion GPS, which peddled fake news stories directly from the Kremlin to the left-wing media machine.

I mean, the Clintons gave away our nuclear capabilities to the Russians in exchange for assistance when Hillary ran for President. It's treason, that's what it is. This breaking news was probably leaked by someone high-up so the media would have time to warn the Clintons and their people ahead of the charges being brought against them. It's about damn time that criminal family and their criminal enablers in the Democratic Party face the consequences. They thought they were slick collaborating with the Russians then blaming it on the Trump team; what a bunch of disgusting traitors the entire Soros funded Democratic Party is. Just wait until the Trump team is completely exonerated and that wicked witch is rotting behind bars!

Did I do my crazy right-wing talking points/conspiracy theory correctly?

For a second, I was completely convinced that you'd turned into jfern.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2017, 01:47:27 AM »

Mueller is trying to go after Manafort.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2017, 01:58:27 AM »

#LOCKTHEMUP! times infinity

Is this still a nothingburger, blue avatards?

I'll say its Manafort too. Picking them off one by one.

Okay class, so here's the question of the day: In spite of this news with Mueller, what's Fox News reporting tonight: "new developments in the..."
A) Benghazi coverup
B) Steele dossier
C) Clinton e-mail scandal
D) Obama/Russia uranium
E) Podesta/DNC emails
F) Hillary Clinton's health issues/unfitness to serve as President
G) Monica Lewinsky scandal
H) Murder of Vince Foster
I) All of the above
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2017, 02:46:13 AM »

Okay class, so here's the question of the day: In spite of this news with Mueller, what's Fox News reporting tonight: "new developments in the..."
A) Benghazi coverup
B) Steele dossier
D) Obama/Russia uranium
E) Podesta/DNC emails
I) All of the above

Do you have some links to that? it's morbidly hilarious, especially to focus on F/G/H right now
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2017, 03:23:52 AM »

CNN says :

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

Why wait until Monday to take them into custody ?
Is there not a possible flight risk or some other risk for not taking them immediately ?
I would think they have marshals watching them.

The family car had better go only to a grocery store. And maybe that is tricky.

It will be easy to block the driveway of the "Man-o'-Fraud" residence. 
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2017, 03:30:28 AM »

A) Benghazi coverup
B) Steele dossier
D) Obama/Russia uranium
E) Podesta/DNC emails
I) All of the above

Do you have some links to that? it's morbidly hilarious, especially to focus on F/G/H right now

Ha, no, but I'm sure they're going full jfern right now with all the "But Hillary!" crap to distract from this bombshell.  
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2017, 03:58:30 AM »

Well, some people will be getting a surprise Halloween visitor...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2017, 05:38:11 AM »

Some honest advice from the middle of the road (because I like you and think you're a poster with integrity even though your positions are a little, um, extreme for me): it's time to stop relying on Fox for your political news, at least as the main source, and especially regarding anything relating to Hillary or Russia.  They used to be just another news source that happened to have a conservative bent, but lately they've dropped all pretense at being anything but a propaganda outlet.  Seriously, you're NOT getting the truth from them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »

Well, some people will be getting a surprise Halloween visitor...

There will be neither tricks nor treats this year!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2017, 09:25:36 AM »

Due to it being leaked the indicted will probably have to be taken into custody sooner. Those who were indicted don't know they've been indicted yet. But because it is on CNN Manafort may pack his bags and try flee.

Yeah, I don't really see any advantage to leaking this instead of keeping it a secret until Monday. It's sealed for a reason. Plus, I think there would have been greater political impact were it a surprise on Monday. A hypothesis might be that the Trump crew leaked it on purpose to try and lessen the blow.

Attempted flight when one believes that one might be indicted (and who would better know whether he is a target of prosecutors, other than federal prosecutorial staff and law enforcement, of whether one is to be indicted than the one who knows that he is the subject of the probe?

One last trip to see fall colors in Pennsylvania or West Virginia will not be a valid excuse for heading out of the Washington area. You can bet that there are unmarked cars with federal agents stalking him near his residence, and if a car leaves his residence, then that car will be stopped... even if it is a family member out for grocery shopping.  

...I would be leery of claiming that the Trump Administration would leak this information to lessen any blow. Aiding someone in escaping an arrest is itself a felony offense. An FBI agent who developed a bond with the gangster Whitey Bulger and warned him that he was about to be indicted whereupon Bulger fled the country has been convicted and is spending a long time in prison. The Trump Administration has done some squirrelly things, but that would be itself grounds for impeachment and would be too stupid to imagine.  
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »

"What we should be focusing on is the lies of the Clinton administration." --Corey Lewandowski on FOX & Friends this morning.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »

"What we should be focusing on is the lies of the Clinton administration." --Corey Lewandowski on FOX & Friends this morning.

The Bill Clinton administration?  Or the imaginary Hillary Clinton one?
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »

Guys in Manafort's shoes have long known they were under investigation; they had the ability to leave the United States to Brazil or wherever for some time now.  

When Mueller, himself, makes a statement, I'll believe that there are charged individuals.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »

The Bill Clinton administration?  Or the imaginary Hillary Clinton one?

Look, no Clinton has ever won the majority of the vote. Those are facts. The Clinton team is acting like an Administration in Exile and is furious at the Trump Administration, so we need to look into those things as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies