Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 82
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 169325 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2017, 09:14:38 PM »

Christ, I think literally 50% of the posts on this thread are by ahugeidiot.

Yeah, he's trying a little too hard playing defense.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »

I put ahugecat on mod review, he won't be derailing anymore tonight.

Thank you.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »

CNN says :

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

Why wait until Monday to take them into custody ?
Is there not a possible flight risk or some other risk for not taking them immediately ?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »

That's a very good point. What kind of court "delays" making the charge?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2017, 09:21:27 PM »

Trump just tweeted.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2017, 09:22:46 PM »

Due to it being leaked the indicted will probably have to be taken into custody sooner. Those who were indicted don't know they've been indicted yet. But because it is on CNN Manafort may pack his bags and try flee.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2017, 09:23:18 PM »

CNN says :

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

Is there not a possible flight risk or some other risk for not taking them immediately ?

That is why they are sealed.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2017, 09:23:21 PM »

CNN says :

I would think they have marshals watching them.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2017, 09:36:52 PM »

CNN says :

I guess I could see though still that not knowing would prompt some to flee (although that would just give up more colluders)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »

Due to it being leaked the indicted will probably have to be taken into custody sooner. Those who were indicted don't know they've been indicted yet. But because it is on CNN Manafort may pack his bags and try flee.

Yeah, I don't really see any advantage to leaking this instead of keeping it a secret until Monday. It's sealed for a reason. Plus, I think there would have been greater political impact were it a surprise on Monday. A hypothesis might be that the Trump crew leaked it on purpose to try and lessen the blow.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2017, 09:56:16 PM »

Does it strike anyone as "odd" that the NYT nor the WAPO have this on their front pages, or that they haven't "confirmed" it through their own sources?

Looks like the leaker only went one place
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »

CNN has a vested interest in this.  Trump has undermined their credibility as a news organization.

FOX News has never really hid what it was; they're the Conservative Republican Network.  They're shows are hackish, but folks get it; they're commentators, not news reporters.

It's CNN's NEWS staff that have lost credibility.  And they've lost it because of (A) incorrect reporting that has been discovered, and (B) the politicization of their actual news correspondents (e. g. Jim Acosta).  

I'll believe the indictments when I see one.  Mueller needs indictments to justify himself, so they'll be some.  But the indictment(s), I predict, will be a case of applying a minimal standard for indictment on these defendants that they would never apply to ordinary citizens.  Technicalities.  We'll see soon enough, I suppose.  

I'm old enough to remember the first "Special Prosecutor", Archibald Cox.  We've had a number of them since Mr. Cox, but do we have more honest government?  Do we have fewer wars, fewer foreign involvements, fewer abuses of power?  All we have done in 44 years of Special Prosecutors is empower the Deep State and allow Congress to harass Presidents through the Judicial system, bypassing the Justice Department.  A number of these Special Prosecutors (Ken Starr and Bob Mueller, in particular) are all about politics and little about better government, honesty, etc.  Mr. Mueller has an axe to grind in regard to Mr. Comey's firing; how anyone can believe that Mueller is objective is beyond me.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »

CNN says :

I guess I could see though still that not knowing would prompt some to flee (although that would just give up more colluders)

Which may be the point.

See who runs, and who calls who and says what.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2017, 10:11:40 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2017, 10:14:07 PM by Gass3268 »

Reuters has confirmed the story

You must be logged in to read this quote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:12 PM »

But the Trump supporters and suspiciously pro Russia leftists told me this was fake news! Something something Hillary something something EMAILS something something Clinton Foundation something something PLEASE LOOK OVER THERE!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »

Wall Street Journal confirming:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »

I haven't been following this closely, but do we know for sure whether these charges are for Trump or Clinton officials?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »

I haven't been following this closely, but do we know for sure whether these charges are for Trump or Clinton officials?

Definitely gonna be Hillary. Can't wait until they take her in handcuffs out of her basement while she's clutching her server.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »

This is your brain on FOX News.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »

Dude...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »

One, you mean Obama officials. Hillary may have been running the State Department, but they still reported to Obama...and two, while it's possible I doubt it. They're also likely not current Trump officials. I'd guess Manafort and Flynn. If current Trump administration officials are being indicted, I'd guess Conway, Zinke and Sessions (the middle one being unlikely, simply because the scandal just broke).
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »

Honestly, when I hear 'Russia', I tend to tune out so I know none of the details of the investigation, but I was watching FOX the other night and they seemed to really believe that it might be Hillary?  Whatever the outcome is, I want this Russia stuff to go away- it's just the most boring scandal ever!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2017, 10:36:50 PM »

Honestly, when I hear 'Russia', I tend to tune out so I know none of the details of the investigation, but I was watching FOX the other night and they seemed to really believe that it might be Hillary?  Whatever the outcome is, I want this Russia stuff to go away- it's just the most boring scandal ever!

Yeah, let's focus on something exciting, like Benghazi for the 17th time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies