Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:49:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case?  (Read 3785 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 16, 2022, 09:49:42 AM »
« edited: May 16, 2022, 09:54:14 AM by Person Man »

No, likely not, but I think it's closer than most think. Thomas is the only one I'd consider a sure bet to endorse the proposition, based on his concurrence in Box, but we really do not know how the new nominees think about these issues — there are not yet enough tea leaves for us to read. Tempting to say that Gorsuch might, for example, because of his doctoral work, or that Barrett might because of her general vibes, but we just don't know yet. Kavanaugh seems unlikely, which prevents you from getting to five in any event, but learning that there's 3-4 votes for it wouldn't surprise me.

I would say -

YES! -
Thomas, Alito, Barrett

Probably- Gorsuch

Probably Not- Kavanaugh

No-
Roberts

HELL NO!-
Jackson, Kagan, Sotomayor

I think that if another Democrat gets replaced by another Republican, this probably comes to pass. This amongst other things. That's unlikely at this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies