Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case?  (Read 3759 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: July 03, 2022, 02:08:24 AM »

Kavanaugh went on the record opposing a few extreme anti-abortion positions to make himself look moderate while overturning Roe. For this, he said-
Some amicus briefs argue that the Court today should not only overrule Roe and return to a position of judicial neutrality on abortion, but should go further and hold that the Constitution outlaws abortion throughout the United States. No Justice of this Court has ever advanced that position. I respect those who advocate for that position, just as I respect those who argue that this Court should hold that the Constitution legalizes pre-viability abortion throughout the United States. But both positions are wrong as a constitutional matter, in my view. The Constitution neither outlaws abortion nor legalize abortion

That is not vaguely saying something and letting people draw their own conclusions from it as he did in his confirmation hearing, that is being very clear. If he did not believe it he would not have worded it in that way and now that he has said it, he'll find it hard to walk back.

Yeah Kavanaugh has done this with the eviction moratorium .
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 02:28:55 AM »

Kavanaugh went on the record opposing a few extreme anti-abortion positions to make himself look moderate while overturning Roe. For this, he said-
Some amicus briefs argue that the Court today should not only overrule Roe and return to a position of judicial neutrality on abortion, but should go further and hold that the Constitution outlaws abortion throughout the United States. No Justice of this Court has ever advanced that position. I respect those who advocate for that position, just as I respect those who argue that this Court should hold that the Constitution legalizes pre-viability abortion throughout the United States. But both positions are wrong as a constitutional matter, in my view. The Constitution neither outlaws abortion nor legalize abortion

That is not vaguely saying something and letting people draw their own conclusions from it as he did in his confirmation hearing, that is being very clear. If he did not believe it he would not have worded it in that way and now that he has said it, he'll find it hard to walk back.

Yeah Kavanaugh has done this with the eviction moratorium .

What do you mean?

He gave Biden a few weeks to tone it down while he ruled in favor of the admik but explicitly said id it was extended he would have struck the moratorium down . Biden then proceeded to do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies