Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92450 times)
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2019, 11:30:12 PM »

Really, Joe Biden's chances have a very high chance of coming down to whether or not you think weak performances in Iowa and New Hampshire would affect how he does in South Carolina and, more crucially, Nevada. That's a crucial component, and it should probably be one of the most important components of anyone's judgement of his chances.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »

Biden (and Pete) released his governing strategy plans today and you guessed it: bipartisanship will help him pass his agenda!

That's right...so go vote GOP in Congressional races as they are clamoring to help Biden govern. But remember guys....Med4all is the real pie in the sky fantasy

Has Biden learned nothing at all from President Obama's experience? 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2019, 11:50:34 PM »

Biden (and Pete) released his governing strategy plans today and you guessed it: bipartisanship will help him pass his agenda!
The sad part is that this is what voters want. I forgot the exact numbers but it was either a plurality or a bare majority of Democrats wanted the nominee to be someone who will work with Republicans. Voters are naive or plain willfully ignorant about how bloody politics is. But Joe is giving them what they want.

It's going to be him and we need to elect as many Democrats to pad/create the majority as possible.

Or they want some kind of sanctimonious, self-righteous, moral high-horse to ride on when parties aren't supposed to have such a thing.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2019, 01:31:59 AM »

That's right...so go vote GOP in Congressional races as they are clamoring to help Biden govern. But remember guys....Med4all is the real pie in the sky fantasy

Has Biden learned nothing at all from President Obama's experience? 

Biden is proving incapable of learning anything period.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2019, 02:53:32 AM »

God help us if this moron gets the nomination

Joe Biden is worried the Republican Party might get 'clobbered.'

"It’s not like there’s going to be some great epiphany and people are going to wake up and go, 'oh my God, I'm now a Democrat.' And if you hear people on the rope line saying, ‘I'm a Republican,’ I say, ‘Stay a Republican.’ Vote for me but stay a Republican, because we need a Republican Party."

He later added that he's concerned about what would happen if the Republican Party was totally "clobbered."

"I'm really worried that no party should have too much power," he said. "You need a countervailing force."

I'm tempted to say Biden at this point is worse than Trump--while the Republican government is essentially evil at this point, Biden sees this evil, acknowledges it (by running against it) and still thinks it's an acceptable thing we should keep around.

He is. I never thought I’d say this, but if it’s between Bernie and Biden, I will refuse to vote for Biden in the general election. Giving any more credence to the Republicans as a legimitate party that is capable of governing would be worse than letting Trump get a second term to further destroy the GOP brand.

Between Bernie and Biden? Did you mean Trump?

I’m operating under the assumption that the primaries unfold between Bernie and Biden. I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call. If the Supreme Court was at stake, my opinion would be different, but we’re already f—ked on that front anyway.

This is insanity!
trump is destroying our nation everyday. He is also destroying our relations with our allies, and our place as a leader in international affairs.
For anyone (on the left) to call for him to stay for another 4 years, because of "supposed" benefits elsewhere, is lunacy.
In regards to your comment on the Supreme Court ... My belief is that RBG wants out. She is being a huge hero for the left, and doing everything possible to "hang-in-there" until early 2021, in the hopes a Dem president wins. Having trump McTurtle insert yet another supreme court justice would be devastating, and would be 10 times more "f---ked" then you can imagine.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2019, 06:10:12 AM »

Although,  I rather have a Dem to get rid of campaign finance laws, Ginsberg would stay on despite failing and can work from home for the most part. If Amy Barrett replaces Ginsberg, most teenage pregnancies are very low, and this abortions stay low. Birth control pills are always available to women as well.
There is a 23T deficit and most of the programs Warren and Sanders are putting forth like eliminating student loan debt isnt gonna pass. Even if you get rid of the filibuster,  you have to have unanimous consent to start debate, and Rand Paul would object to it, unless its paid for, just like Ensign wouldnt allow unemployment to be extended 2yrs
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2019, 04:06:39 PM »

Yall think Eric Holder will endorse in this primary?

I just know Team Biden is holding some huge Black endorsements in the arsenal for (1) MLK Weekend and (2) the pivotal weeks before the SC Primary. 
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

I just know Team Biden is holding some huge Black endorsements in the arsenal for (1) MLK Weekend and (2) the pivotal weeks before the SC Primary. 
That's probably the spin strategy for Biden after likely 3-4th place finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire-- release significant endorsements periodically, with them citing Biden's "beating expectations" or whatever in Iowa and NH.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »

South Carolina will become "MEANINGLESS" for Joe Biden if he can't pull off a Victory in either Iowa or New Hampshire.

Do ya'll really think he can still win the Nomination if he loses IA & NH? This isn't 1992.

In recent Democratic Nominations the eventual D-Nominee has either won IA or NH.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2019, 08:38:59 PM »

South Carolina will become "MEANINGLESS" for Joe Biden if he can't pull off a Victory in either Iowa or New Hampshire.

Do ya'll really think he can still win the Nomination if he loses IA & NH? This isn't 1992.
Hillary won Iowa by 0.4 points. Do you think a Bernie 0.4 victory in Iowa would have reversed her margins in South Carolina? She won Southern blacks like 85-15 and would have done so no matter what.

Biden will have the black vote while he/Sanders/Warren/Pete split whites. There are several states where Biden very well may win all the delegates.

You’re right this isn’t 1992. The Southern bloc is even BLACKER and more significant with the booming populations of states like TX, GA, NC, and FL.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2019, 08:43:02 PM »

In recent Democratic Nominations the eventual D-Nominee has either won IA or NH.

Unfortunately, it's also not 1988 either where one can win by dodging The South.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2019, 12:25:36 AM »

The demographic composition of the Democratic electorate in IA and NH just makes it impossible to consider them bellwether states. Clinton nearly lost IA and got crushed in NH by 22%, so this idea that Biden needs IA and/or NH to win is ludicrous and quite frankly nothing but wishful thinking.

A dramatic underperformance in SC (or even NV, for that matter) would be much more worrying for the Biden camp than even a decisive loss in IA and NH. NV in particular would probably the linchpin of a successful Sanders comeback, so I’d be most worried about that state if I was Biden.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2019, 05:21:30 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-says-would-consider-2020-rival-warren-as-running-mate%3f_amp=true
Joe Biden said that he would consider Democratic presidential primary rival Elizabeth Warren as his running mate should he win the Democratic presidential nomination.

"I'd add Senator Warren to the list. I'd add all — but she's going to be very angry at my having said that," Biden said in an Axios on HBO interview that aired Sunday. "The question is, would she add me made to her list. You know?"

"The issue for me will be, if I'm fortunate enough to be the nominee, is who am I most comfortable with that I'm confident that if I turn over responsibility, I'm not going to be surprised," Biden said.

Warren, a Massachusetts senator and bankruptcy law expert, has a long-held disagreement with Biden over a 2005 law that made it more difficult to file for bankruptcy. Warren advocated against the bill before she was an elected official while Biden championed the legislation.

The two candidates also disagree on healthcare.

Is Liz Warren great VP pick for Biden?
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2019, 05:32:39 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/11/biden-single-term-082129

Biden signals to aides that he would serve only a single term
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2019, 05:47:22 AM »

This would be a completely unforced error and tactically stupid move. Americans can yak about how much they want term limits, but in reality, they don't. It might be harmless with a younger candidate, but the implication here is clear: you might as well slap a "use by 2025" label on his forehead. Given how familiar the bulk of American voters is with aging, it comes with the underlying message that "I'm already deteriorating, but I'll make it through this term, I promise!". Trump will use this over and over again (if merely indirectly) to effectively crucify him.
mgop
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2019, 06:48:11 AM »

one term promise would be only good thing is his campaign, but can we trust him on that
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2019, 09:34:35 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Making such a pledge wouldn't necessarily help him or Sanders. They would be lame ducks from the start on. Opponents in the campaign could also use it against them by raising health issues. He's fit to serve a single term, but doesn't feel fit afterwards? And what if, as the article says, they are popular by 2023 and feel healthy enough for a 2nd term? Not that I think it's likely with either Biden or Sanders that they run again, but who knows? If you plan on to retire after 4 years, I wouldn't put my cards on the table so early. He or Sanders should then simply make an announcement in spring or summer 2023 that they won't seek reelection.

If Biden is the nominee, I hope he picks Kamala Harris for VP and she'll be elected prez in 2024. Biden could serve as bridge to a new generation of leaders, and as experienced politician reverse the damage done by Mr. Trump.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2019, 09:50:31 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-says-would-consider-2020-rival-warren-as-running-mate%3f_amp=true
Joe Biden said that he would consider Democratic presidential primary rival Elizabeth Warren as his running mate should he win the Democratic presidential nomination.

"I'd add Senator Warren to the list. I'd add all — but she's going to be very angry at my having said that," Biden said in an Axios on HBO interview that aired Sunday. "The question is, would she add me made to her list. You know?"

"The issue for me will be, if I'm fortunate enough to be the nominee, is who am I most comfortable with that I'm confident that if I turn over responsibility, I'm not going to be surprised," Biden said.

Warren, a Massachusetts senator and bankruptcy law expert, has a long-held disagreement with Biden over a 2005 law that made it more difficult to file for bankruptcy. Warren advocated against the bill before she was an elected official while Biden championed the legislation.

The two candidates also disagree on healthcare.

Is Liz Warren great VP pick for Biden?

It's an interesting pick to say the least that's for sure.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2019, 08:46:17 PM »

Just like with the Harris Veep, he is pandering, Hoe would run for a 2nd term, he is just as old as Trump would be at the end of 2024
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2019, 10:56:04 PM »

Just like with the Harris Veep, he is pandering, Hoe would run for a 2nd term, he is just as old as Trump would be at the end of 2024

Hoe Biden.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2019, 04:13:38 AM »

Hoe Biden.

Correction: Corrupted Hoe Biden.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2019, 11:39:40 AM »

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2019, 11:45:34 AM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2019, 04:36:09 PM »

I'm not a big fan of Bill Krystol, but this is an excellent analysis. I think people are driven by either their disdain for Biden or simply the fact that the online world hardly reflects realities on the ground. People in the media and this forum have suggested how he's collapsing, stumbling with gaffes and so on and he held his leads both in the primary and the general despite having some setbacks.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »

We had a primary and even Cruz and Trump said harsh things, but when the political Establishment like Pelosi and the Latino and AA go against Sharpton and Oprah, who were open to Harris or Booker, they picked Biden without listening to their constituents. Especially,  since Sharpton,  Harris, Maxine Waters, and Oprah are from the North and Whoopi G,  whom weren't enthusiastic about Biden.

Aside that, Trump wont be Prez next yr, Biden and Sally Yates will be
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies