Dirty South August Initiatives Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:13:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dirty South August Initiatives Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Dirty South August Initiatives Thread  (Read 5074 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »

Daniel Adams, you know that if you sign them they automatically go on the ballot?  (or that's the way I've always interpreted the constitution)
Can you cite the passage? Article II states that "Such a petition shall have at least three signatures of registered Southeastern voters in order to be added to the ballot at the next Initiative election." If the governor proposes an initiative, it automatically goes on the ballot, according to Article I. Also, I could declare any initiative an emergency and hold an immediate election. However, as I read the Constitution, if I haven't proposed an initiative or declared it an emergency, it needs three signatures.

I think he wants you to simply propose it yourself, automatically adding it to the ballot.
I suppose I could do that, but at the expense of less citizen participation in the process.

It's a mechanism you can use right before the initiative election, I'd assume, where you can propose yourself all the initiatives you liked that didn't get enough signatures. If you do it now, then it's possible the original proposals would get enough signatures and then things would be on the ballot twice. That would be silly.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »

It may be too late now, but what about us considering having a regional GM?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

The GM should provide regional news as well. That is the hope at least.

Also, don't you think it's a bit much? And what of conflicting reports between the national and regional GM? Seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »

Also, don't you think it's a bit much? And what of conflicting reports between the national and regional GM? Seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.
Well the regional GM wouldn't be reporting on national news or international affairs, but rather just things that went on in the region.  It would be stipulated in the bill that he could not override the federal GM's reports.  Just a suggestion I'm throwing out that I don't think has been before
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »

Well the regional GM wouldn't be reporting on national news or international affairs, but rather just things that went on in the region.  It would be stipulated in the bill that he could not override the federal GM's reports.  Just a suggestion I'm throwing out that I don't think has been before

I agree that it's an interesting thought to kick around. I just think it would be more trouble setting up than it would be worth once you enact it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies