Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:54:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza  (Read 22774 times)
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2008, 05:46:57 PM »

Honestly the US needs to withdraw from this entirely and stop funding or meddling with both sides.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2008, 06:02:33 PM by Peter »

I have just cleared over a page worth of unconstructive comments. Please limit your discussion on this thread to Israeli Airstrikes and related matters. The true identity of posters, whether posters should be banned, etc. is not for discussion in this thread
Pravda
Rookie

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2008, 06:10:14 PM »

Israel's vile imperialist actions of attacking the oppressed people of Gaza are indefensible.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »

Israel's response was justified. Hamas has continually acted irresponsibly and will not come to an agreement with Israel, simply because they are Jewish.

Welcome to the forum.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2008, 10:01:40 PM »

It's time Israel eliminates Hamas completely.  At least Bibi won't back down.

Who would have guessed that the incumbent Prime Minister of Israel would be posting an American political forum, claiming to be a 15-year-old boy from Richmond, Virginia.

Israel's response was justified. Hamas has continually acted irresponsibly and will not come to an agreement with Israel, simply because they are Jewish.

Firstly, welcome to the forum Winston Smiley

I can assure you that there are more reasons than them being Jewish as to why the Palestinians abruptly concluded their agreement with the Israelis little more than a week ago, on December 20 to be precise. Most importantly the joint Israeli and Egyptian blockade of Gaza.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »

Who would have guessed that the incumbent Prime Minister of Israel would be posting an American political forum, claiming to be a 15-year-old boy from Richmond, Virginia.

I am actually from Arlington; if I were from Richmond, BRTD wouldn't constantly say I wasn't Southern.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »

I am actually from Arlington; if I were from Richmond, BRTD wouldn't constantly say I wasn't Southern.

No I wouldn't considering that Richmond is actually culturally Southern (former capital of the Confederacy) and Arlington is not (Has more in common with New Jersey or even NYC than anywhere in the Deep South.)

2. The government was still elected by the white population.

That's a pretty weak argument. You could use it to argue the Soviet Union was a democracy because the leaders were elected by the membership of the Communist Party.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008, 04:04:52 AM »

Hello Товарищ Флинн and CARLHAYDEN

What did the agreement decide?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »

No I wouldn't considering that Richmond is actually culturally Southern (former capital of the Confederacy) and Arlington is not (Has more in common with New Jersey or even NYC than anywhere in the Deep South.)

That's a pretty weak argument. You could use it to argue the Soviet Union was a democracy because the leaders were elected by the membership of the Communist Party.

The leaders of the USSR weren't elected by the membership of the Communist Party.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 08:08:26 PM »

The leaders of the USSR weren't elected by the membership of the Communist Party.
`

De facto, they weren't. De jure, they were.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »

Israeli officials say ground forces have entered Gaza.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 12:47:01 AM »

Israel has a right to defend itself. They need to punish Hamas for its misdoings. If they want peace, they should stop launching rockets into Israel.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 12:48:09 AM »

I'd have more sympathy for Israel if they weren't Hamas' primary source of support and funds in the 80s.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2009, 09:54:05 AM »

I'd have more sympathy for Israel if they weren't Hamas' primary source of support and funds in the 80s.
This is probably asking for a lot...but cite?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2009, 10:08:22 AM »

Israel has a right to defend itself. They need to punish Hamas for its misdoings. If they want peace, they should stop launching rockets into Israel.

Finally, someone defends Israel rather than defending the actions of terrorist scumbags.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »

The IDF are the real terrorists.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »

I'm not sure if Israel could be called Hamas' "primary source of support", but I also read something along those lines once... the bottomline is that Hamas was originally aided by Israel because the organization was seen as competitor and counterbalance to the PLO/Fatah. Of course, this was in times when Fatah was Israel's main enemy. Support the Hamas and weaken the Fatah. Divide and conquer.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »

My eyes are rolling so hard, I'm surprised they havent left my sockets.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »

Both teh IDF and Hamas kill civilians.  The IDF targest Hamas and because of where Hamas operate from, they often kill nearby civilians.  Hamas on the other hand target civilians.

Who are the "real" terrorists?
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2009, 10:55:10 AM »

All sides are totally scummy and terroristic but the IDF is worse due to having international legitimacy and still being total tools.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »

If you're fishing for excuses I guess that one works for you.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

Finally, someone defends Israel rather than defending the actions of terrorist scumbags.

Hey!  Me too!
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »

Hey!  Me too!

Alright, maybe you as well Smiley

And me.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:55 AM »

I'm not sure if Israel could be called Hamas' "primary source of support", but I also read something along those lines once... the bottomline is that Hamas was originally aided by Israel because the organization was seen as competitor and counterbalance to the PLO/Fatah. Of course, this was in times when Fatah was Israel's main enemy. Support the Hamas and weaken the Fatah. Divide and conquer.
Which worked rather nicely in 2007.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2009, 11:53:49 AM »

Which worked rather nicely in 2007.

Except that Hamas wasn't supported by Israel in 2007, but 20-30 years earlier. Clearly another occurence of "The enemy of my enemy doctrine bites me in the ass".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies