Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:19:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Are there five votes to declare fetal personhood in a future case?  (Read 3753 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« on: May 14, 2022, 11:00:19 AM »

It looks like Roberts isn't a vote for fetal personhood. Are there five votes for it or not?
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 06:52:41 PM »

I bet Thomas and Alito secretly dissented from denial. Gorsuch and/or Barrett probably cast the deciding vote to deny cert. Kavanaugh's Dobbs concurrence implies he isn't a vote for fetal personhood. I'm pretty sure Thomas, Alito and Barrett are guaranteed votes for fetal personhood.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:00:33 AM »

Judging but what little I saw of the Dobbs case, it might actually be only Alito in favor of Personhood (and maybe Coney Barrett, but it doesn't look like she wants to risk her reputation on a such a case). Thomas doesn't seem interested in going that far, and it's a non-starter with Kavanaugh/Gorsuch/Roberts).
Box v Planned Parenthood indicates Thomas is a vote for fetal personhood.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »

There are zero votes for that concept.

You're nuts if you don't think that at the very least Alito and Thomas would vote for it.
They're both votes for it. Barrett is too. Kavanaugh probably isn't a vote for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies