COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:43:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones  (Read 116100 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 04, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »

Good to see someone holding Fox News accountable for their lies and hypocrisy:

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2020, 10:43:44 PM by Grand Mufti of Northern Virginia »

Good to see someone holding Fox News accountable for their lies and hypocrisy:

Yes, it is good, and, yes, many of these folks are lying about what they said two (2) months ago.

I feel for the makers of that youtube.  I've had the experience of calling out people who've told falsehoods and can't apologize for that.

Fuzzy Bear, I haven't forgotten how you joined Trump's cause in dehumanizing (illegal) immigrants by calling them 'insects', the last time we had that discussion.

And I'll make sure no one else does either.    

Quote that.

Game on.

Do you mean THIS post?

This post is false.  Trump said this in a discussion about MS13.  Can always count on Democrats to lie.  

Here's the actual statement in context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2FdQQIn3U

I don't understand.  You all have a thousand very legit reasons to hate on Trump, why give his supporters ammo by making sh**t up?  YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

Whenever I see a post like this and I wonder why my TV isn't blowing up with this "latest statement" from Trumpy, the Ethnic Cleanser, and when I notice that the comments on that tweet are from 2018, I always smell an attempt at Echo Chamber Narrative Maintenance.

If Trump were talking about a whole group of people as vermin, I'd be very concerned.  That is, indeed, the sort of language that ought to concern anyone, and concern them enough to stop and reevaluate their position and intended future support of such a person.  But he's talking about MS-13 and he is absolutely right about that group.  And before anyone gets high and mighty, folks here have spoken of White Nationalist Groups with the same sort of language.  (And rightly so, I might add.)  MS-13 is, indeed, a plague on America, and a plague whose solution lies in the tightening of immigration laws and border security and in ending the anti-American practice of Sanctuary Cities.  Trump is right about those issues.  Why it is impossible for people to concede Trump is right on those matters while opposing him in general is beyond me.

If so, you've mischaracterized my post to where it rises to the level of lying.  

If you continue to make personal attacks against me in this manner, I will do everything I can to arrange for your permaban.  The ToS is either for all or for none.  But I'm not going to let you lie about me and defame me.

Game on!

That''s not the post I am referring to.

I am retracting my statement but for only one reason -I simply cannot find the post in question.  

I am absolutely convinced you referred to them as 'insects' in a conversation we (as in you and I) had over the subject a year or two ago.  No, it wasn't in reference to MS-13 only, it was illegal immigrants in general.  But to your good fortune, the post or the thread in general was apparently deleted.  

So you make a libelous accusation against me, then retract a statement, but insist it's still true.  You just can't find it after searching.  

You are "absolutely convinced" of this.  Most people who irrationally hate others are "absolutely convinced" of all sorts of things they have no proof of.

Do I get to post things about you that I am "absolutely convinced" of that I can't show any proof for?  Is that going to be OK on the Brave New Atlas of "Talk Elections"?  Somehow, I don't think that will make for a healthy forum.  I suppose the future here will show whether or not you will be able to apply the "Let It Begin With Me" standard for constructive change.

You keep playing the martyr card by all means with every red-avatar who crosses you.  See where it gets you.  Soon every moderator will be ignoring you because you overplayed your hand.  

So we've established this.  You're no better than Fox News.

I will not apologize for making a statement I do not believe to be false.  And it is ironic that you are demanding that I do so when the man you voted into the White House does the same or worse.  

And by the way, quit trying to derail this thread like you have so many others.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:40:33 PM »

Well now we know for certain that this virus wasn't hatched at some lab in Wuhan province:

The COVID-19 Virus May Have Been in Humans For Years, Study Suggests

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »

Wow, look at the tracker today. Nearly every state seeing decreases in new cases compared to yesterday. Looks like the tide has turned more quickly than anyone expected and Trump has saved the country from disaster, expect a big approval bump.

That tracker you're citing may not be entirely accurate:

Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of covid-19 but being left out of the official count
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »

Putting Russian Bear on super ignore was the best decision for my mental health.

I've had him on ignore for a while -what was he saying?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »

Why is the administration so obsessed with hydrochloroquine when there are several other possible drugs out there that seem to have shown more promise with fewer side effects?

Does Trump have any personal financial stake in those other drugs?  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »

It makes sense we have had the worst response to the coronavirus in the world, since we have the misfortune of having a President who is among the worst we have ever had since the founding of our republic.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies