Trump: Asylum seekers are "animals"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:03:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: Asylum seekers are "animals"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump: Asylum seekers are "animals"  (Read 1447 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »

Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 09:57:09 PM »

2020 can't come soon enough.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:59:13 PM »

I agree that people who want more Asylum movies are really just asking for whatever comes to them.

But the people at the border? They're cool.
JG

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:04:47 PM »

He is a disgusing excuse of a human being. Anyone who supports that man has some serious soul searching to do.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 10:05:13 PM »

Like the cuckcoo, Jews are depicted as stealing other people's homes. They are the foreigners who threaten to displace the Germans from Germany. As hyeanas strike disabled animals, Jews are portrayed as preying upon disadvantaged Germans/Christians. Other animals included in these comparisons are the chameleon (the great deceiver), the locust (the scourge of God), the bedbug (the blood sucker), the sparrow (good-for-nothings), the poodle-mops-dachshund-pincher (an inferior race created by cross-breeding various types of races), the poisonous snake (the viper of humanity, and the tapeworm (the parasite of humanity). Finally, Jews are compared to a deadly bacteria, which threatens the existence of the human race. Just as deadly bacteria must be eliminated, so must the Jews be exterminated.

Comparing entire groups of people to animals is not okay.  We still haven't learned this, apparently.  Thus we are desensitized to this type of rhetoric and whatever else lurks behind the corner.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »

He’s very clearly talking specifically about some terrible people “some of these people at the border, you wouldn’t believe how terrible they are” - I assume murderers, gangsters, and the like. Plenty of things to after Trump for. This is not one of those.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 11:19:30 PM »

He’s very clearly talking specifically about some terrible people “some of these people at the border, you wouldn’t believe how terrible they are” - I assume murderers, gangsters, and the like. Plenty of things to after Trump for. This is not one of those.

It is very obvious who the terrible people at the border are. And I have no problem at all believing how terrible they are.

The people who have created this:
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »

What? You're better than this. He's obviously trying to use supposed gang members to tar an entire race of people - and using the language of genocidaires to do it.

Be alarmed when a leader tries to make you think of humans as vermin
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 11:43:48 PM »

At least Steve King had some color to describe these things.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:33 AM »

This was from last May and he wasn't talking about asylum seekers.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 12:56:57 AM »

https://youtu.be/IkegDMwDo7k
...Trump?
Hollywood
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 04:12:22 AM »

This post is false.  Trump said this in a discussion about MS13.  Can always count on Democrats to lie. 

Here's the actual statement in context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2FdQQIn3U
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 06:18:47 AM »

I don't understand.  You all have a thousand very legit reasons to hate on Trump, why give his supporters ammo by making sh**t up?  YOU'RE NOT HELPING!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 07:19:58 AM »

This post is false.  Trump said this in a discussion about MS13.  Can always count on Democrats to lie. 

Here's the actual statement in context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2FdQQIn3U

LOL, Trump is literally the KING of lies. Republicans projecting as always.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 10:00:20 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2019, 10:08:06 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

This post is false.  Trump said this in a discussion about MS13.  Can always count on Democrats to lie.  

I don't understand.  You all have a thousand very legit reasons to hate on Trump, why give his supporters ammo by making sh**t up?  YOU'RE NOT HELPING!

Whenever I see a post like this and I wonder why my TV isn't blowing up with this "latest statement" from Trumpy, the Ethnic Cleanser, and when I notice that the comments on that tweet are from 2018, I always smell an attempt at Echo Chamber Narrative Maintenance.

If Trump were talking about a whole group of people as vermin, I'd be very concerned.  That is, indeed, the sort of language that ought to concern anyone, and concern them enough to stop and reevaluate their position and intended future support of such a person.  But he's talking about MS-13 and he is absolutely right about that group.  And before anyone gets high and mighty, folks here have spoken of White Nationalist Groups with the same sort of language.  (And rightly so, I might add.)  MS-13 is, indeed, a plague on America, and a plague whose solution lies in the tightening of immigration laws and border security and in ending the anti-American practice of Sanctuary Cities.  Trump is right about those issues.  Why it is impossible for people to concede Trump is right on those matters while opposing him in general is beyond me.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 10:16:18 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2019, 12:14:54 PM by Old School Republican »

This was from last May and he wasn't talking about asylum seekers.

So that quote is from May

Well we already had a long discussion on it then

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=292152.0

Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »

Looks like he's talking about MS-13.

Sad that C-SPAN is now falling to CNN-level BS tactics.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »

Of course he's talking about MS-13.  That didn't stop Jake Tapper, a "respected journalist" from presenting Trump's comments in the light of him speaking about ALL immigrants, legal and illegal.

There's a case to be made against Trump.  I get that.  But the shameless lying and misrepresentation of Trump's statements causes me to believe that most of the outrageous negative information about Trump is nothing but narrative-driving.  That's fine, and people get to do that, but it ought to be called when it's discovered.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 10:33:29 AM »

Of course he's talking about MS-13.  That didn't stop Jake Tapper, a "respected journalist" from presenting Trump's comments in the light of him speaking about ALL immigrants, legal and illegal.

There's a case to be made against Trump.  I get that.  But the shameless lying and misrepresentation of Trump's statements causes me to believe that most of the outrageous negative information about Trump is nothing but narrative-driving.  That's fine, and people get to do that, but it ought to be called when it's discovered.

Agreed, there's plenty to harangue on Trump about without spreading more fake news (which just helps Trump anyway!).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 10:41:47 AM »

Agreed, there's plenty to harangue on Trump about without spreading more fake news (which just helps Trump anyway!).

That's the part that Trump's enemies don't get.

Trump's a "BS Artist" in many ways.  It's part of his schtick, and he doesn't really hide that.  Much of that is the "puffery" that is attached to many of his claims of how things are "better than ever" or that his proposal is "the greatest in history".  This is the kind of stuff marketers are all about, and Trump is who he is and what he is.  He's a narcissist as well, but I can think of few Presidents that didn't have streaks of Narcissism in them.  (JFK, LBJ, Nixon, all in a row for that matter!) 

Trump, however, does less of the kind of flat-out lying to enhance the narrative, of the kind we see here.  And the people who formulate these lies are no more likely than Trump to come clean and say, "Yeah, maybe we were full of beans this time.  Our bad!".  Let's be real here.  Trump has opened himself up to these sort of attacks based on falsehoods, and he needs to consider that he's onstage all the time nowadays, but the intellectual dishonesty of these attacks rightfully diminish the credibility of the Fourth Estate that pushes this nonsense as Truth.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 10:48:14 AM »

Translation: Brown people are animals and should remain in their s-hole countries.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 12:10:19 PM »

Translation: Brown people are animals and should remain in their s-hole countries.

The tweet is misleading he didn’t say it about asylum seekers , this was from last May when he was talking about MS-13
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 12:40:32 PM »

You're a grown-up, unlike a great number of immature posters here, so consider this article:

https://www.longislandpress.com/2016/09/24/silent-no-longer-brentwood-residents-detail-ms-13s-control-through-fear/

Brentwood residents’ fear is for good reason. The community was ranked as having the highest concentration of gang members in the county, according to a 2012 report by the Suffolk County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (SCCJCC). The study counted 4,103 gang members concentrated in neighborhoods with high poverty rates.

MS-13 boasts numerous sets across LI, police officials say, but nowhere are the gang’s ranks larger—or its members more brazen—than in Suffolk County, which by some estimates has been home to more than 1,000 MS-13 members over the past decade, according to a retired law enforcement official with first-hand knowledge of anti-gang operations on the Island. That’s double the number of MS-13 members the SCCJCC study tallied.

Adding to the problem in Brentwood are rival gangs such as the Bloods, Crips, and Salvadorans With Pride, whose members are locked in perpetual conflict with MS-13. Violence between the groups can break out for any number of reasons, ranging from an incident of perceived disrespect to an improper incursion onto another gang’s turf, authorities say.

B.L.S. is considered particularly dangerous because of its routine targeting not just of rival gangs, but of civilians, suspected police informants, and even its own members.

“If they think you might talk to the cops, to anybody with a badge, you’re not going to be around, believe me,” says one Brentwood 17-year-old, who spoke through a translator and asked to remain anonymous out of fear MS-13 members would harm him. “Even if you’ve been in [MS-13] for a long time, if you go against the rules or they don’t trust you…” Here, the teenager mimes cutting his neck. “That’s it.”

This is a town, Brentwood, NY, that I went to college in for a year.  It is in my home county (Suffolk, NY), which was, when I was young, a community of working class folks, mostly Italian and Puerto Rican.  (Brentwood had the largest concentration of Puerto Ricans in Suffolk County at the time.)  

The Brentwood, NY of my youth was not, and is not, the Brentwood of today.  And note that the victims of MS-13s rampage are other Hispanics, most of whom are American citizens, whose view of MS-13 echoes Trump's view.  Perhaps it's because their lives have been made a Living Hell because of MS-13 and related gangs that would not be there had immigration been controlled and the laws enforced.  

The people of Brentwood say it better than I do.  The people of Atlas do not care, because they fear that the solution to the problem would stop the demographic changes that will occur with lax enforcement of immigration laws to benefit their party at the polls.  Today's Brentwood is the result of lax immigration enforcement.  If the Democrats really wish to prevail at the polls, they might do well to stop advocating demographic changes through non-enforcement of immigration laws and do the hard work of actually convincing American citizens that their views are actually correct and their proposed policies actually worthwhile.  Those who have failed to enforce the present immigration laws and those who advocate non-enforcement of immigration laws all bear some of the blame for what Brentwood, NY has become.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »

I'm so confused. Why is a quote from last May suddenly in the news and on Twitter everywhere?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 02:32:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies