Florida 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:05:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 57343 times)
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« on: September 17, 2022, 06:36:02 PM »

Awww, as if our majority wasn't close enough already. Really should stay till January. He's not going to win the governorship anyways.

I expect he would have been ordered to stay on if NY-19 and AK-AL had gone to the GOP, but since they didn't, him leaving is relatively safe.

Do you know in Impact polls Crist is down 50/47 and Demings down 50/48 that is danger🛑zone you think DeSantis is gonna win by 10 no he's not look at the polls me, wbrooks and Minnesota Mike post about FL DeSantis lead in one poll by 8 and that's not Impact

I should know I am 1/3 posting polls but wbrooks posted the FL poll

I don't Trust "impact polls" or whatever random org you cook up any given day.

DeSantis wins by 10, Rubio by 15.

I’m skeptical a 15 point Rubio win is even possible, especially since Black voters provide Dems a pretty hard floor and he isn’t getting that crossover support he saw in 2016 again with them.

Florida isn't really that black though, just 16%. It's 78% White or Hispanic.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 11:18:54 PM »

Awww, as if our majority wasn't close enough already. Really should stay till January. He's not going to win the governorship anyways.

I expect he would have been ordered to stay on if NY-19 and AK-AL had gone to the GOP, but since they didn't, him leaving is relatively safe.

Do you know in Impact polls Crist is down 50/47 and Demings down 50/48 that is danger🛑zone you think DeSantis is gonna win by 10 no he's not look at the polls me, wbrooks and Minnesota Mike post about FL DeSantis lead in one poll by 8 and that's not Impact

I should know I am 1/3 posting polls but wbrooks posted the FL poll

I don't Trust "impact polls" or whatever random org you cook up any given day.

DeSantis wins by 10, Rubio by 15.

I’m skeptical a 15 point Rubio win is even possible, especially since Black voters provide Dems a pretty hard floor and he isn’t getting that crossover support he saw in 2016 again with them.

Florida isn't really that black though, just 16%. It's 78% White or Hispanic.

16% black, but add in liberal Whites and Hispanics.

Just look at the NYT precinct map, Dems are mostly down to the bare bones in places like Jacksonville, Tampa, and Miami as is. A 10 point R win is realistic, maybe even a 12 point R win, but a 15 point R win would take extraordinary circumstances which don't exist in the FL-Senate race.

Rmbr too Rubio basically faced a dud of an opponent in 2016; had Dems taken the race more seriously his overperformance would've been a lot more modest.

Don't add in Hispanics. I don't know how one could make such a ridiculous statement after 2020. Florida Hispanics are by no means maxed out for the GOP -- by composition, they are probably the single best large Hispanic population for Republicans of any state (excl maybe Texas depending on your thoughts on Puerto Rican v. Mexican trends + a couple of other factors there) and.

Democrats are not down to "the bare bones" in Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami etc. Yes, Democrats underperform how they do nationally in metros in all But that does not mean that we should expect Democrats to reverse that underperformance, or that Democrats don't have further room to fall.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies