AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:23:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 56890 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: December 09, 2022, 07:20:04 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 08:12:45 AM »

Definitely one of the more unique career trajectories in modern times. I remember when she first won I thought she'd be a staunch progressive based on her past statements.

You're not the only one - plenty of progressives thought that way too, and that's probably the only reason she didn't have a competitive primary in 2018. People who actually paid attention to her statements and her voting record in the House, however, could see plenty of red flags (although even I wasn't expecting her to be this much of a backstabbing snake).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 08:56:33 AM »

One thing I think hurts Sinema in this case is the fact she was a social worker. I feel like that has def influenced her speaking style to make it very poised, relatively monotone, and generally calm. While generally this might be something that works in her benefit as I'd argue it did in 2018, when your unpopular politician who gets tons of media coverage, that sort of thing can really make you just seem so disconnected and robotic.

I've never heard Sinema really raise her voice or yell back and in a way I kind of want her to, which is messed up.

In many ways, Sinema is actually a very effective Senator and if she optic-ed herself differently, she could probably get away with still opposing the filibuster and stuff

She literally went to bat to defend the GOP tax cuts - you know, the ones that were passed in 2018 on a party-line vote and that even Joe F**king Manchin was willing to repeal. Her problem isn't optics, her problem is that she's consistently shilled for billionaires and sabotaged every attempt at progressive legislation.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »

C'mon Gallego get into the Dem primary NOW
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 05:44:57 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2022, 07:23:52 AM by NUPES Enjoyer »

The ballad of Sinema is the most fascinating stories in modern politics

I cannot think of anyone having such potential, such promise, only to squander it on a silly little dance as she abandoned all her past positions becoming the thing she once sought to destroy

That's giving her so much more credit than she deserves.

She's not some f**king tragic antihero. She's just an egotistical empty shell of a person who always said and did whatever she felt like with no regard for anyone or any consistent set of values. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 10:37:56 AM »

The ballad of Sinema is the most fascinating stories in modern politics

I cannot think of anyone having such potential, such promise, only to squander it on a silly little dance as she abandoned all her past positions becoming the thing she once sought to destroy

That's giving her so much more credit than she deserves.

She's not some f**king tragic antihero. She's just an egotistical empty shell of a person who always said and did whatever she felt like with no regard for anyone or any consistent set of values. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about it.

Eh, idk. Sort of, but I still do believe she was a rising star in 2018 when she got elected. Everyone was on board with her, she was a fresh face, seemed like a great addition to the caucus, she was witty (her vs McSally was incredible)... even in the 2020 run she vouched for Kelly. 2018-2020 Sinema is quite different from 2020-2022 Sinema

She was already spouting moderate hero bullsh*t in her 2018 campaign if you actually listened to her. She was making it very clear that her interest was in upholding the status quo for well-off people and not much else. People just fell for the hype and assumed that because she was a young bisexual woman who used to be in the Green party, she must be a progressive, even though she already had a voting record in the House that was far from progressive.

You just got duped, my friend. Which is fine, it happens to all of us (God knows I fell for plenty of politicians who didn't deserve it in my days), but you should just recognize you got duped and move on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies