Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:12:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146701 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »

This is probably the right approach, especially considering if it is disproven now, in a media obsessed with nothing but the virus, it is less likely to become an issue.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2020, 02:48:40 PM »

Honestly the thing that really annoys me is that Ball, Greenwald, and Rose Twitter are all going on about how the critics don’t believe her because she accused Biden but they are literally guilty of that mindset but flipped. They are only promoting her because she accused Biden and for unbelievably cynical reasons
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »

I'm not a fan of potentially false sexual assault allegations being promoted. It takes away the power from real allegations. The Intercept is reaching Infowars levels of fake news, they ought to be treated as such.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2020, 02:57:06 PM »

Vox and Yahoo are both now reporting on this (though with no new information) so do expect it to become a bigger issue
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 03:30:04 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

For all those saying "whatabout Kavanaugh"

Another Kavanaugh Accuser Admits Fabricating Rape

There were a whole bunch of Kavanaugh accusers who came out around the same time as Christine Blasey Ford.  You don't remember them, because the media didn't cover them.  Nobody covered them except the fringe left, the 2018 version of Ryan Grim and Krystal Ball, folks who had no credibility left to lose.

They didn't receive any coverage because their claims were not credible and they themselves came off as untrustworthy and had rather obvious financial/political motivations.  Typically, when a random person makes a rape allegation against a major public official, the media investigates it quietly and only prints it if there is an actual story.  A random person claiming to have had some sort of noteworthy interaction with a celebrity or politician, with zero evidence or credibility to back it up, is not newsworthy.

Christine Blasey Ford was unique in that her claim was backed up by substantial evidence and she herself was highly credible.  Imagine the following:
  • Instead of a highly-respected academic, Ford is a crazy cat lady using a fake name who has $500,000 in debt
  • Instead of going through the proper channels, Ford tells her "I was raped by Kavanaugh" story to Jimmy Dore on his Aggressive Progressives YouTube show
  • Ford has a bunch of Medium writings about how Catholicism is a cult, JFK was secretly serving the Pope, and the Jesuits are part of the New World Order.  She deletes them and scrubs her social media after they are discovered.
  • After the story is released, Ford tweets out "Kavanaugh is a rapist and must be stopped!  #F**kTrump #BlueWave2018"
  • A year earlier, Ford had also appeared in the media to say she had asked Kavanaugh out in high school and "I never understood why he didn't ask me to prom"
  • Ford was friends with Kavanaugh on Facebook and had written things like "good luck with your new job!" and "Future supreme court justice, my hero" on his wall over the years
  • Ford made no effort to put together an actual legal team, and instead just pushed her story all over social media
do you think we would have done the same thing?  No.  She would have been dismissed by the media just like all the other Kavanaugh accusers and faded into obscurity.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2020, 03:36:01 PM »

For all those saying "whatabout Kavanaugh"

Another Kavanaugh Accuser Admits Fabricating Rape

There were a whole bunch of Kavanaugh accusers who came out around the same time as Christine Blasey Ford.  You don't remember them, because the media didn't cover them.  Nobody covered them except the fringe left, the 2018 version of Ryan Grim and Krystal Ball, folks who had no credibility left to lose.

They didn't receive any coverage because their claims were not credible and they themselves came off as untrustworthy and had rather obvious financial/political motivations.  Typically, when a random person makes a rape allegation against a major public official, the media investigates it quietly and only prints it if there is an actual story.  A random person claiming to have had some sort of noteworthy interaction with a celebrity or politician, with zero evidence or credibility to back it up, is not newsworthy.

Christine Blasey Ford was unique in that her claim was backed up by substantial evidence and she herself was highly credible.  Imagine the following:
  • Instead of a highly-respected academic, Ford is a crazy cat lady using a fake name who has $500,000 in debt
  • Instead of going through the proper channels, Ford tells her "I was raped by Kavanaugh" story to Jimmy Dore on his Aggressive Progressives YouTube show
  • Ford has a bunch of Medium writings about how Catholicism is a cult, JFK was secretly serving the Pope, and the Jesuits are part of the New World Order.  She deletes them and scrubs her social media after they are discovered.
  • After the story is released, Ford tweets out "Kavanaugh is a rapist and must be stopped!  #F**kTrump #BlueWave2018"
  • A year earlier, Ford had also appeared in the media to say she had asked Kavanaugh out in high school and "I never understood why he didn't ask me to prom"
  • Ford was friends with Kavanaugh on Facebook and had written things like "good luck with your new job!" and "Future supreme court justice, my hero" on his wall over the years
  • Ford made no effort to put together an actual legal team, and instead just pushed her story all over social media
do you think we would have done the same thing?  No.  She would have been dismissed by the media just like all the other Kavanaugh accusers and faded into obscurity.
It’s sad I’ve found myself in such agreement with MacArthur on this issue but this is really hard to to notice in this situation
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2020, 03:37:54 PM »

The problem that Sanders supporters seem to miss is that even if they could get rid of Biden, Sanders wouldn't be nominated.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »

The problem that Sanders supporters seem to miss is that even if they could get rid of Biden, Sanders wouldn't be nominated.

The Intercept doesn't give a rat's ass about Sanders. He is only useful to their masters as long as he hurts the Democrats.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »

This is why "believe all women" was a stupid thing to say. Even if it wasn't meant literally, now people will pounce on the left everytime they question an accusers acount.

I do Agree with MacArthur and co that this is clearly a hit job designed to smear Biden.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »

LMAO, last year she was posting replies to Trump saying Biden should be investigated for Burisma.

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »

Fox News now has coverage.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-denies-false-allegations-of-sexual-assault

For her part, Reade has openly advocated for Sanders' candidacy, at a time when Biden has amassed a daunting delegate lead over the Vermont senator in the Democratic presidential primary. The former vice president is widely expected to be able to clinch the nomination once primaries that have been postponed amid the coronavirus pandemic resume.

“Please stay in Bernie,” Reade tweeted earlier this month.

I will sue anyone who continues to slander me call me a Russian agent The Charges of sexual harassment & worse against Biden are true I will have the information collected of your slander turned over to law enforcement #DemocraticPrimary #BernieForPresident,” another tweet, purportedly posted by Reade this month, said.

this woman is deranged
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2020, 05:23:46 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-denies-false-allegations-of-sexual-assault

For her part, Reade has openly advocated for Sanders' candidacy, at a time when Biden has amassed a daunting delegate lead over the Vermont senator in the Democratic presidential primary. The former vice president is widely expected to be able to clinch the nomination once primaries that have been postponed amid the coronavirus pandemic resume.

I will sue anyone who continues to slander me call me a Russian agent The Charges of sexual harassment & worse against Biden are true I will have the information collected of your slander turned over to law enforcement #DemocraticPrimary #BernieForPresident,” another tweet, purportedly posted by Reade this month, said.

this woman is deranged
How the hell can anyone who ends a tweet like that with #Bernieforpresident be taken seriously
clever but short
andy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles

Removing “false” basically was editorializing in the title since this is so clearly a false allegation, that it’s pretty much impossible for any even remotely objective person acting in good-faith to conclude otherwise.  Please restore “false” in the title (or if OP is reading this, please go ahead and restore it yourself).

Folks are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts.

Allegations are not true or false until proven otherwise. They are allegations. Having "false allegations" in the title is just as much editorializing as it would be to have "true allegations."

Note: I deleted my earlier version of this post because I goofed and accidentally edited the quote, which I did not intend to do.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2020, 06:15:29 PM »

LMAO, last year she was posting replies to Trump saying Biden should be investigated for Burisma.

This clearly means she's lying. People who believe in conspiracies can't be sexually assaulted by their bosses.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2020, 06:25:33 PM »

I'm not a fan of potentially false sexual assault allegations being promoted. It takes away the power from real allegations. The Intercept is reaching Infowars levels of fake news, they ought to be treated as such.

Yes, the weaponization of sexual assault allegations is becoming a dangerous norm that'll only hurt legitimate victims.

Sexual assault isn't a magical sword that you use to beat a candidate & hide when the odds are in your favor. Sexual assault isn't something you weaponize. These lies are exactly why women aren't believed. Shame on those who continue to put this debunked BS out there.

These lies only serve to diminish, discredit, & make a mockery of what several women had to go through. And these people have the nerve to label themselves as progressives? Pfft, 'regressive' sounds more like it.

Enough is enough.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2020, 06:33:29 PM »

Just speculating here, but here's what I think the truth is: Biden placed his hand on her neck/shoulder, like he has done with many women, which made her feel uncomfortable. Now, she is exaggerating what happened. I can't speculate about her motive, only that she clearly does not like Biden politically and would probably be very happy to see him lose. Why she never came forward with this earlier, who knows; Is it just a coincidence that this emerges when he is the presumptive nominee? Probably not...
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »

this woman is deranged
How the hell can anyone who ends a tweet like that with #Bernieforpresident be taken seriously
Biden should sue her and the intercept!
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2020, 07:09:41 PM »

Very good Fox News article. Even-handedly gives her account, explains the context and how the allegations changed substantially from 2019. Confirms to me that it is likely untrue.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2020, 07:49:37 PM »

Here is her interview with the hill.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1X2zlocoM

My own thoughts are that you are innocent until proven guilty, but the issue is that Joe Biden himself has said that all women need to be believed. Isn't that relevant?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2020, 02:43:36 PM by #Bidemings2020 »

Well first of all, BF had been seeing a counselor for years to cope with the Kavanaugh assault and there are records to prove it. She also took a polygraph test and, although not admissible in a court setting, did indicate she was telling the truth. This woman sacrificed the security and privacy of her and her family's lives to tell her story. There is just no way she was lying.

Reade, on the other hand, accused Biden of something completely different a year ago and even brushed it off as "not sexual". She even has an old Twitter account where she constantly fawned over Biden and praised him for his work fighting against sexual assault. That alone tears a massive hole in her credibility.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »

Because she's literally tweeting bernieforpresident and expressing support for Putin. She's a despicable human being and should be prosecuted!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »

My own thoughts are that you are innocent until proven guilty, but the issue is that Joe Biden himself has said that all women need to be believed. Isn't that relevant?
Agreed Dems need to retire this line #believealleomen. One of the dumbest things they've done.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »

Agreed Dems need to retire this line #believealleomen. One of the dumbest things they've done.

agreed.

A better line would be "hear all women", or "all women deserve to present their case", or something like that.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »

Guess what ai just did? Unfollowed Katie Halper on twitter!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »

Remember after the Kavanaugh fiasco when prominent Republican Twitter personalities were promising to pay women to falsely accuse prominent Democratic politicians at inopportune times as "revenge" ?

Makes you think.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies