Grade the first night of the RNC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:37:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Grade the first night of the RNC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: haha
A

B

C

D

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 137

Author Topic: Grade the first night of the RNC  (Read 2289 times)
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:32 AM »

I voted D, but really wanted to give a grade of C-. But this was  before the Melania plagarism story.  In light of that earth shattering report, D is the best i could give.

Have alot of sympathy for the woman whos so died in Benghazi, but i was incredibly disappointed that they even let someone like that on stage.  Seriously, since when do we let the grieving parents of soldiers have speaking slots at national conventions?  Especially when they sound unhinged.

i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 02:15:15 AM »

Grading a paper before reading it?  Let's see how this influences the race in the long run.  So far all we have is a title for our paper.

There is some truth to this.  But it is the story     NOW    that will determine what the bump or drop will be. Yes, its true, we can only speculate at this early stage what the effect might be. But any sane person knows this is a story one wouldn't ask for.

There were snippets of speeches that can be... well.....  'LIFTED'   and put in effective anti-Hillary ads, but on the whole, there was very little narrative or cogency across the speakers.

A lineup full of people railing against the dangers we face in this world, articulated by people of varying levels of insight and believability, headlined by the candidates wife....  Who talked about .... not that theme.

Oh, and then delaying Sen. Earnst until 11pm, with a 85% empty stadium even though she is from a swing state and demonstrated more polish than basically everyone else on stage tonight.   It certainly coulve been planned better. 

Don't believe me?  Wait a week to see the Dem. comparison.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies