Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”  (Read 3465 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: April 04, 2016, 05:05:56 AM »

To the people who are squawking about context: it's not important. A good politician knows how to choose their statements so as little as possible can be pulled out of context - it's another indictment of her as a campaigner.

I don't really understand why her campaign is freaking out - as a frontrunner (especially one with a lot of proxies who can speak on her behalf) she doesn't even need to go on the negative. Negative campaigning is useful for people who are probably going to lose like Sanders or initial underdogs like Trump, not as much for people like Clints.

If they stopped going negative what would they have to do? David Brock would get really bored.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 06:02:41 AM »

She's saying she feels sorry for young people who believe his lies that she's too close to the fossil fuel industries. She's right, and I agree with her: Bernie is selling snake oil to these naive college kiddies who obviously are "resonating" with his message of free college, free pot, free everything! Most younger voters are more moved by fancy speeches and empty rhetoric than impressive resumes with experience and substance (see 2008 for a reference). That's why they're going so strongly for Bernie: they like hearing terms like revolution, free this, free that, and are turned off by Hillary because she speaks like a policy wonk and lays out the details. I heard a coworker of mine once say, "Of course the younger voters are going to vote for Bernie. He's saying what they want to hear and she's not."

You and your candidate just ooze contempt for those who don't support her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 04:05:50 PM »

I can't even comprehend why a young person would back Hillary Clinton. And I've basically never met one who didn't work on Wall Street, finance, or the Democratic Party in some capacity. Well, them and the hardcore SJWs.

You forgot the Blaxicasians.

Damn a lot of the Bernie supporters in this thread sound like right-wing idiots.

Who exactly, other than dax00?

Um, most of them?

Sanders has actually consistently crushed Hillary among Asian voters. See: his landslide victory in Hawaii, which is no longer considered diverse or largely non-white by the media after it voted for Sanders.

Yeah Hillary has only consistently won blacks (although Bernie certainly won them in Vermont). Bernie generally seems to be winning Native Americans and Asians, and Hispanics seems to depend on the state. Conversely, there are a number of states where Bernie failed to win whites.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »

I can't even comprehend why a young person would back Hillary Clinton. And I've basically never met one who didn't work on Wall Street, finance, or the Democratic Party in some capacity. Well, them and the hardcore SJWs.

You forgot the Blaxicasians.

Damn a lot of the Bernie supporters in this thread sound like right-wing idiots.

Who exactly, other than dax00?

Um, most of them?

Sanders has actually consistently crushed Hillary among Asian voters. See: his landslide victory in Hawaii, which is no longer considered diverse or largely non-white by the media after it voted for Sanders.

Yeah Hillary has only consistently won blacks (although Bernie certainly won them in Vermont). Bernie generally seems to be winning Native Americans and Asians, and Hispanics seems to depend on the state.

So the one black dude in Burlington voted for Bernie Sanders?

I kid. Yeah, Native Americans also seem to have gone for Bernie. He's crushed in Alaska/Oklahoma and I suspect he'll destroy in South Dakota. Bernie has also done much better among Northern Blacks than Southern Blacks for reasons I don't understand.

I can think of some reasons. Hillary lived in the south 25 years, and can switch to a southern accent. Southern blacks tend to be more religious and more conservative than northern blacks, just as  whites have the same differences.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »

Assuming Sanders did become President, the same fanatical supporters backing him now would end up hating him when he couldn't get any of his plans through a Republican House. Sanders knows that he is overpromising and that is really the wrong thing to do.

I think it's fine to state your intentions of what you would want to do as president, even if it isn't incredibly likely that you would get that done.

Yes, I think most Bernie supporters realize he's not going to magically get most of what he wants done. And if Republicans still control the House, it'll certainly be less than half of what he wants. But at least he'd try rather than just give us another Clinton President who keeps triangulating further and further to the right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies