Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:36:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Florida  (Read 30369 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »

And the full quote from Sensei is hardly "going nuts" over her either or OMG CHRISTLIKEFIGURE

Uh...that was my point. He was calling out others that were praising her. He clearly said her popularity is overstated.

I just remember a lot of updates from you whenever Alex Sink walked outside of her house or something. When she announced that she wasn't running, it was like they announced Disney World was closing or something.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »

SASSY

Look at her casually denying handshakes to her many admirers.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »

So all you have to validate your claims are Sensei saying that "people say she's great" but is skeptical of her chances himself and a single guy who predicts she'll end up winning the governor's race as long as the GOP nominee is the third strongest Republican candidate or worse?

Please cite those posts of mine where I update whenever Sink leaves her house or where I acted as if Disney World was closing when she said she wouldn't run, those posts don't exist
.  All I did was post news articles with no commentary and later, in a recruiting thread, merely said that this was a recruiting failure.

Once you are unable to cite this delusional memory of yours, and you're proven wrong, I'd like you to admit you were wrong about me "going nuts" over her even if you still wish to maintain that anyone or everyone else on this forum is going nuts over her.  Until you actually cite your ridiculous claims, I'm going to ignore your strawmen and use this thread for Florida updates.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2009/05/john-mccain-endorses-charlie-crist.html

“Now more than ever, we need leaders who are committed to lower taxes, limiting government spending, and fighting for the people" in Washington, said McCain.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »

Please cite those posts of mine where I update whenever Sink leaves her house or where I acted as if Disney World was closing when she said she wouldn't run, those posts don't exist.  All I did was post news articles with no commentary and later, in a recruiting thread, merely said that this was a recruiting failure.

Dude, you went nuts when she announced she wasn't running and you single handedly talked her up more than anyone else here. I had never heard of the woman before you started posting articles about her nearly everyday.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, you're right. I was wrong. You didn't obsess over the woman. My apologies.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2009, 01:37:40 PM by Lunar »

That is correct, I didn't obsess over her.

again please cite the posts where I "went nuts."
  Or are you unable?

I talked her up as the best Democratic candidate who would be the most competitive against Rubio or Mack [even while saying the race would still lean Republican], is that something you even disagree with? The only threads I posted had to do with her status in the race, like I do for many candidates, Republican and Democrat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »

I just never understood why this woman was talked up as "the most popular Democrat in Florida." It made her seem like such a big deal. Doesn't she have that honor by default anyway (since she's the only statewide elected Dem)?
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

I honestly thought Alex Sink was a man for the first couple weeks or so of reading about her here.  I do think she was slightly overhyped but I suppose she is the best they have to offer, which is mostly by default as Phil said.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »

I thought she was a man too, haha.

Phil:
Basically.  Being the only Democrat elected in a slate of Republican-dominated state officials made her the best Democratic candidate for both governor and senator.

You still have ignored my request to cite my posts where I was "going nuts" "LOL."
 Will you please admit you were wrong? Hell, I placed her odds as somewhere between a tossup and lean R!
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »

I just never understood why this woman was talked up as "the most popular Democrat in Florida." It made her seem like such a big deal. Doesn't she have that honor by default anyway (since she's the only statewide elected Dem)?

Yes, that's pretty much it. I think the real reason she is cited as "the most popular Democrat" is because so many other Democrats are too easily pigeonholed as unelectable statewide because they're from the wrong geography or ethnic group. There was a time in the 1990s when I think there were no non-minority, non-Jewish Democrats in one chamber of the legislature; I forget which. So when you have a Democrat elected to higher office who doesn't come out of community or local politics, they instantly have a leg up on the others.

If people were optimistic about Sink (not LOL OMG GAGA or whatever) it's in comparison with the very many duds who have run for Democrats in Florida the past. Betty Castor was another exception.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

She should go by her real name - Adelaide. So unique and spunky!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2009, 06:16:33 PM by Lunar »

LOL

You never talked up Sink as an amazingly popular figure? Really? Wow.

No, we don't both know this is name recognition. You were going nuts over the woman months ago.[/quote]

Phil:
You still have ignored my request to cite my posts where I was "going nuts" "LOL."
 Will you please admit you were wrong? Hell, I placed her odds as somewhere between a tossup and lean R!

still waiting for you to justify your ridiculousness or admit you're wrong, I've asked you, what, four times?  You can also point to any posts I made that sounded supremely disappointed in her leaving the race as if my trip to "disneyland were canceled" or whatever it was that you said I did.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »

I'm not apologizing for anything. I found the constant hyping of "popular" Alex Sink to be ridiculous. It suggested that this woman was a huge deal and she clearly isn't.

You can stop taking this so personally now, Lunar. I know you think very, very highly of yourself but this is getting to be a little too much now.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2009, 06:23:21 PM by Lunar »

You don't have to apologize, you can admit you were wrong in your assessment.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2009, 06:24:52 PM »

You don't have to apologize, you can admit you were wrong and/or delusional.

And contribute to the Lunar Lovefest? No thanks.

I'm actually shocked, to be honest. Why would the FL Dems ever want to run Sink when they could run you! Just move to FL! I mean, you switched political parties when opportunity presented itself. What's wrong with a little carpetbagging every once in awhile?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2009, 12:28:22 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2009, 12:32:47 AM by Lunar »

So, you won't admit that you're wrong with your initial claims and instead are relying on personal insults?  Ok.

Still don't know how you were remotely correct in your assessment that either I or anyone on the forum was worshiping the ground that Sink walked on, the best you could find was someone being skeptical of Sink's chances but saying "she might not be as popular as we think" in effect, and someone else that thinks she'll win the governor's race as long as she runs against the third most popular Republican in the state or worse, hardly anything reasonable to justify your claims.  Specifically, you made a number of claims about me being "nuts" for Sink and following her every time she left the house and being intensely disappointed when she withdrew, none of which were even remotely true.  If I had claimed that you had fawned over Toomey and declared he was *CERTAIN* to win, I'm sure you would be offended by me making you look retarded and demand for facts to back up those claims.  I don't see why you are so resistant to the idea that I wasn't, in fact, fawning over Sink as you repeatedly claimed even after it was clear you were wrong.

If I'm so egotistical and you're not, I don't know why you can't admit you were wrong.  I admit I'm wrong on this forum at least like once a day lately it seems [especially on the Oklahoma thread, haha].

Myself, I never even said that she would be anything more than a tossup at best, and I hinted that it would be favoring the Republicans even in the optimum scenarios, that's hardly viewing her as a "CHRIST" like figure.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2009, 12:32:46 AM »

So, you won't admit that you're wrong with your initial claims and instead are relying on personal insults?  Ok.

Stop hyping her as the most popular Democrat in Florida (when she gets that by default) and people will stop thinking that you're going crazy over her.

So you still won't admit that she was clearly overhyped (as we can see based on the Sensei, a Florida Democrat, commentary)? Ok.

So to prove I'm not egotistical, I have to admit I was wrong because I exposed the overhyping of some state row office holder? Ok, Lunar, you win!

Dude, honestly, the ego is clearly out of control. This was over like ten posts ago and you keep going.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2009, 12:49:05 AM »

Lunar, don't you know that Republicans never admit that they were wrong?
Apologies are for liberal sissies, not conservative manly men.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »

Thanks, px. It's about time people realized that.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2009, 12:50:59 AM »

I don't want an apology, as I said.  I wanted to correct a repeated factual inaccuracy, but I guess all I get by requesting a correction is personal insults.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »

I don't want an apology, as I said.  I wanted to correct a repeated factual inaccuracy, but I guess all I do by requesting a correction is personal insults.

Sounds like Phil.

Thanks, px. It's about time people realized that.

I think the last two elections have shown that people have realized that long ago.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2009, 12:55:42 AM »

I think the last two elections have shown that people have realized that long ago.

Yeah, true but it still came in behind "Republicans hate my family because we are poor/middle class/minority/a 'working family'" option in the "Reason why you voted against the GOP?" survey.

I don't want an apology, as I said.  I wanted to correct a repeated factual inaccuracy, but I guess all I get by requesting a correction is personal insults.

I know, I know but I'll still make the offering at the Altar of Lunar.

I've explained why it wasn't a factual inaccuracy, Lunar. You keep repeating it because you like dwelling on your favorite subject: yourself.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

The Sotomayor thing's most notable impact is in Florida, where the Hispanic vote is interesting in both the general and primary elections.  Crist doesn't want to come on record how he'd vote, Rubio is coming out openly skeptical, and Meek is gung-ho for Sonia.

Gelber is thinking about running for AG instead.

The GOP, should Rubio not manage to win, will be running only white males, all the way up and down the ticket [governor, AG, agricultural commissioner, senator etc] and only one will be under 50 years old.

Only other state where I think Sotomayor is especially interesting is Nevada, where Hispanics are a quarter of the population.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2009, 09:47:20 PM »

An e-mail from HuckPac

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »

Not surprising considering Rubio was probably Huckabee's highest profile supporter in FL in 2008.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies