Oregon 4th district will flip R (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:40:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oregon 4th district will flip R (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oregon 4th district will flip R  (Read 8765 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: May 18, 2020, 05:44:47 PM »
« edited: May 18, 2020, 06:17:45 PM by General Eisenhower »

Republicans are running a jacked, handsome 27 year old military veteran against an old democratic incumbent who hasn’t faced a serious challenge in decades. In addition, the Republican challenger has out raised DeFazio in Q1. Finally, he has a heroic backstory where he and 2 other friends stopped a terrorist attack, and Obama complimented him over it.

OR-04 was Hillary +0.1. This is the 3rd most likely flip in November 2020.

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 07:17:09 PM »

He literally out preformed Hillary by 20 points in 2016. He is not going to lose to a no name, even if Trump squeezes out a win in this district

Alek isn’t a no name. He’s been fundraising a ton of money. He’s already been fundraising more than Defazio Lots of democratic candidates were no names with no political experience in 2018, yet did extremely well.

Also Defazio outperformed by 20 pts because his opponent was a total joke who’s run like 8 times.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 07:32:32 PM »

Press X to doubt.

In all seriousness, the Republicans have a lot of other, more attractive targets this cycle. They're not going to spend on this one.

Republicans aren’t flipping the house without this district.

I bet no one here was predicting CA-25 to flip before the polls said so.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 02:19:58 PM »

By the way, I still believe that this will flip. And I'm expecting dems to mostly do very well in the House.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »

By the way, I still believe that this will flip. And I'm expecting dems to mostly do very well in the House.

LMAO this seat isn’t flipping. Don’t know why you think that. A seat Biden will win by mid single digits (more than 2-3) isn’t electing an R to the house, let alone voting out a long time incumbent.

My theory is that most people only have an attention span of about 30 seconds for house elections in presidential elections because of all of the news going on. I think Alek will do a great job at attracting attention in those 30 seconds and end up getting a decent amount of crossover votes. I don't think DeFazio is taking his challenge seriously at all.

Being a long term incumbent is not necessarily a good thing. Outsiders are sometimes stronger candidates.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »

LMAO this seat isn’t flipping. Don’t know why you think that. A seat Biden will win by mid single digits (more than 2-3) isn’t electing an R to the house, let alone voting out a long time incumbent.

My theory is that most people only have an attention span of about 30 seconds for house elections in presidential elections because of all of the news going on. I think Alek will do a great job at attracting attention in those 30 seconds and end up getting a decent amount of crossover votes. I don't think DeFazio is taking his challenge seriously at all.

Being a long term incumbent is not necessarily a good thing. Outsiders are sometimes stronger candidates.

lmao, I hate to break it to you, but Biden voters in Oregon aren’t splitting their tickets en masse for a Generic Republican just because he “attracts attention” or whatever that means. DeFazio will easily win by 8-10.

I have a statue of DeFazio that I pray to every night in my house. I derive no pleasure from announcing his imminent demise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies