FL, MN, NV - Civiqs/DailyKos: Biden +4, +10, +9 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:26:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  FL, MN, NV - Civiqs/DailyKos: Biden +4, +10, +9 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL, MN, NV - Civiqs/DailyKos: Biden +4, +10, +9  (Read 3579 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« on: October 21, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »

October 17-20

FL
https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_FL_banner_book_2020_10_6s25ck.pdf

863 likely voters
MoE: 3.5%

Biden 51%
Trump 47%
Someone else 1%
Unsure 1%

MN
https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_MN_banner_book_2020_10_d859f5.pdf

840 likely voters
MoE: 3.6%

Biden 53%
Trump 43%
Someone else 3%
Unsure 1%

NV
https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_NV_banner_book_2020_10_r8597h.pdf

712 likely voters
MoE: 5.3%

Biden 52%
Trump 43%
Someone else 3%
Unsure 1%
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:30:19 AM »

Very happy to see that the top-two primary initiative (in Florida) is failing in this poll.  Wasn't it winning in many past polls?

Yes, but keep in mind that all of these Florida initiatives are failing if they don't clear the 60% threshold.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 07:41:59 PM »

I think this is fine. But Minnesota is def not that blue.

Trump is favored in the Iron Range according to polling. But he does MUCH worse in Minneapolis suburbia and southern Minnesota. Should win by 5-6ish.
No. Biden will win MN by 7-10%.
This is what delusion looks like

Nobody who thinks Minnesota will be close has given a reasonable explanation as to why.

Um, I have like five times.

You guys just chose to ignore any analysis that does not have the Democrats winning by massive margins in the midwest (despite polling tell you its close).

I've been one of the most vocal in disputing the "massive margins" argument red avatars are pushing. But your Tossup Minnesota is equally unrealistic.

Saying the Iron Range vote will trend the state Republican makes no sense because the reason for the change in rural margins is because they are depopulating--people are moving to more urban areas, and are trending them further left in the process. That's not going to change the state's vote as a whole.

(1) Minnesota IS A tossup state (voted slightly to the right of the nation). It's just the national margin is so large for Biden that it doesn't matter. It's like if Obama won by 15 in 08 and won Ohio by 8-10. Ohio is still a toss then. Just the national margin has shifted

If the national margin is so large that it doesn't matter, it's not a tossup.

In any case, a lot of this margin is being built in places in which shifts have less relevance to the electoral tipping point as we should know from the difference between the 2012 and 2016 maps. This kind of blowout isn't normal - perhaps it might be a new normal, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies