Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:13:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347299 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 09:49:08 AM »

I read this thread earlier on the morning page by page before checking the full results. What can I say? A true mess!

In all fairness, I credit Glenn Youngkin for running a strong campaign and pulling this off. Never expected it to happen, although my optimism begun to disappear in most recent days and weeks. I kinda feel embarrassed, also for ever thinking T-Mac would be a good presidential candidate. He ran a poor campaign in a race was absolutely winnable. Nonetheless, it's a lazy analysis just to say Youngkin had a strong and T-Mac a bad campaign. That's pretty much true, but the Democrats underperformed in other races as well. Even New Jersey is a disaster, perhaps even more so than Virginia.

The Democrats really need to get their sh*t together and run competent campaigns all across the country, although my confidence in them has very much declined. Maybe I'm just having a wrong view over the Atlantic Ocean since large parts of the Republicans have become so extreme that in my European bubble it's impossible to imagine they run competitive elections.

And last but not least, the Virginia election finally puts the "high turnout automatically benefit only Democrats" to rest. I thought that for a long time as well, but hereby confess that I was wrong. Maybe that was sort of true in 2010 or 2014, but certainly no longer the case. Especially as a number of demographic blocs aren't that solid Democratic (suburbanites, Hispanics, etc.). And the Democratic Party better figures out how to address that. So far, they seem pretty much clueless.

McAuliffe would never ever have been a strong candidate for prez. Trump would have slaughtered him, and even a dude like Mitt Romney would have had a decent chance in any election that hasn't a strong D-leaning enviornment. He doesn't have much charisma and could easily have been portrayed as a swamp creature with strong Clinton does.

Tmac only got lucky in 2013 by winning with 47.8% while a Liberartian took 6.5%.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 09:58:26 AM »

What's the GOP expected to get done with a trifecta in VA?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 10:07:37 AM »

What's the GOP expected to get done with a trifecta in VA?

They dont have a trifecta. This is just stopping the radically insane last 2 years where the Dems rammed through hundreds of bills no one had time to read that did stupid things like accidentally eliminate comp time, ban plastic water bottles and styrafoam, criminalize letting a balloon go, gutting jury trials, etc.

It would be hilarious, if Youngkin actually got some mainstream policies done by working with Dem legislators.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2022, 10:37:59 AM »

Youngkin has actually been way worse than I think anyone would've imagined. Total buyers remorse in VA  I think.

Yup. VA voters have to live with their choice now, so I'm not feeling all too bad about it, tbh. Elections have consequences.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 10:55:59 AM »

Hero!

Not bad. Credit where credit is due.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies