2023 NCAA conference realignment (12/20: the PAC-2 join the WCC) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:50:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2023 NCAA conference realignment (12/20: the PAC-2 join the WCC) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023 NCAA conference realignment (12/20: the PAC-2 join the WCC)  (Read 6821 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: February 08, 2023, 09:32:24 PM »

Gonzaga finally leaving the WCC for a bigger conference seems to be the obvious one to me. Either they go to the PAC-12 (makes sense geographically or the Big Twelve, where they were rumored to be going earlier, with a slim possibility of the Big East also there).
lol.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 08:23:42 PM »

SMU as in Southern Methodist University in Dallas? Kind of a ways away from the Pacific, don't you think?
CU is already on the other side of the Continental Divide.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 11:17:01 AM »

The Big Twelve is looking to add another school.

While the odds favor Arizona, I'm personally hoping the school in question is Nebraska. (or alternatively, Memphis, I suppose.)

Nebraska isn't walking away from Big Ten money and stability, lol.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 04:25:22 PM »

I agree picking up solid non-P5 teams is the most likely outcome for the ACC. It's clear Oregon and Washington want to join the B1G. But if they don't get invited, I could imagine them joining the ACC if the PAC 12 doesn't get a media rights done deal soon.

If the ACC sits around and continues to do nothing in the era of Superconferes, it will die. The SEC will pick off FSU and Clemson. Then the B1G will pick off UNC and UVA.

The rump Pac-12 is still better than the ACC. Even if they can't get into the Big Ten, Washington and Oregon could walk into the Big 12 and become immediate top dogs in a better conference. And if the Big Ten wanted to scavenge the corpse of the ACC, Duke would be the logical partner to UNC which is the obvious biggest prize.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies