WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:54:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All  (Read 24425 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 19, 2022, 07:05:41 PM »

Likely R.

Should Democrats even help Manchin after all the crap he let them go through the past few years?

I hate to say it, but cut him loose. Not because he's betrayed us so many times, but because he has no chance and would only take money away from more winnable races.
I want him to run simply to divert GOP resources from other competitive senate races.

I won't be crying when he loses.

^^^^

Manchin could serve the role Tim Ryan did in Ohio this year.  It would be his last -and greatest- service he could render to the Democratic Party in 2024, and could be instrumental in enabling us to perhaps even keep the Senate that year.  By all means, we should help him, if for no other reason than to keep the National Republican Senatorial Committee spending valuable resources on a Senate race in a safe Republican state in Appalachia of all places.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 08:59:00 PM »

It's so Joever:

His gameplan seems to be to beat Sen. Joe Manchin, serve a single term in the Senate, and then retire in 2030 with Manchin's scalp on his fireplace mantel. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies