2024 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:37:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2024 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
Author Topic: 2024 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 45361 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: February 29, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »

Thanks to new McLaughlin and OnMessage polls that were meh for the GOP, the 538 tracker is now back at dead even, 44.1-44.1

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/generic-ballot/

I wonder if the liberal media talking about how much Trump is supposedly favored to win will cause some sort of momentum for down ballot Dems. Voters don't like either candidates, it's easy to see them gravitating towards the opposing party so that they can keep some sort of a check on them. We're already seeing how well Senate Dems are polling. Maybe we won't see any major convergence after all?

In 2020 we saw some incumbent house Democrats lose while Biden was carrying their districts like Donna Shalala and TJ Cox. I could potentially see the opposite happening this year with the likes of Marc Molinaro, Ken Calvert, David Schweikert, Derrick Van Orden, Boebert’s old seat.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2024, 03:42:58 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #702 on: March 02, 2024, 03:30:16 PM »

Lol
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #703 on: March 02, 2024, 04:31:49 PM »

Lol
The GOP candidate recruitment and control this time around is leaps and bounds better than it was in 2022 for sure. The only noticeable errors they have this time is Kari Lake in AZ and Joe Kent in WA-03. But the overall candidate quality tier is much higher.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #704 on: March 02, 2024, 05:22:28 PM »

Lol
The GOP candidate recruitment and control this time around is leaps and bounds better than it was in 2022 for sure. The only noticeable errors they have this time is Kari Lake in AZ and Joe Kent in WA-03. But the overall candidate quality tier is much higher.

Residency issues in WI, PA, NV, and MI
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #705 on: March 02, 2024, 06:36:52 PM »

Lol

NV is so transient that carpetbagging doesn't carry much of an electoral penalty there. And at least McCormick, Hovde and Rogers all grew up in their states. It's not like any of them are Dr. Oz. Even Slotkin herself faced pretty much the same residency questions when she first ran for Congress.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #706 on: March 02, 2024, 06:43:22 PM »

Lol

NV is so transient that carpetbagging doesn't carry much of an electoral penalty there. And at least McCormick, Hovde and Rogers all grew up in their states. It's not like any of them are Dr. Oz. Even Slotkin herself faced pretty much the same residency questions when she first ran for Congress.

It's a matter of how you present yourself if that's the case though. Hovde and McCormick seemingly can't stop talking about how many houses they own in other states and even countries.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #707 on: March 03, 2024, 09:52:15 AM »

Lol

If the bar is Dr. Oz who lost to (checks notes) John Fetterman of all people by 5% in a Biden midterm, then sure. They’ve cleared that absurdly low bar.
UncleSam

« Reply #708 on: March 03, 2024, 12:01:41 PM »

Lol

If the bar is Dr. Oz who lost to (checks notes) John Fetterman of all people by 5% in a Biden midterm, then sure. They’ve cleared that absurdly low bar.
He literally said he was comparing candidate quality now to 2022, so yes the 2022 candidates are the bar…

That being said I don’t actually agree, I don’t see Rs having much of a chance in a bunch of states they theoretically should compete in (PA, WI, MI…). Ds have their own problems but have generally done a much sounder job at fielding candidates who can at least run even with the national partisan baseline, if not well beyond it.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #709 on: March 03, 2024, 07:16:09 PM »

Lol

He literally said he was comparing candidate quality now to 2022, so yes the 2022 candidates are the bar…

That being said I don’t actually agree, I don’t see Rs having much of a chance in a bunch of states they theoretically should compete in (PA, WI, MI…). Ds have their own problems but have generally done a much sounder job at fielding candidates who can at least run even with the national partisan baseline, if not well beyond it.

“Only noticeable errors” was in the original post. Residency issues are essentially a killer in any competitive race and they don’t need to be anywhere near as egregious as Mehmet Oz to cause a significant underperformance. Comparing candidate recruitment to the disastrous 2022 slate (when many of those same 2022 losers are running again and favored in primaries) is like saying “yeah, we only totaled our car this time, but at least it isn’t as bad as last time where we totaled the building we crashed it into.”
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #710 on: March 07, 2024, 01:10:17 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2024, 01:40:41 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

The folks over at Split Ticket have moved the AZ Senate race towards the Democrats.

No more tossups, according to them. (I personally believe MI, MT, and OH all qualify though).
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #711 on: March 07, 2024, 02:03:17 PM »

The folks over at Split Ticket have moved the AZ Senate race towards the Democrats.

No more tossups, according to them. (I personally believe MI, MT, and OH all qualify though).

Michigan is not a toss-up. Slotkin is pretty clearly favored there.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #712 on: March 07, 2024, 02:27:19 PM »

No she's not. The Senate race was closer than the Presidential race despite Peters have incumbency and the "motorbike" appeal.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #713 on: March 07, 2024, 07:19:56 PM »

No she's not. The Senate race was closer than the Presidential race despite Peters have incumbency and the "motorbike" appeal.

Slotkin is polling better than Biden, but only marginally so. I think tossup is appropriate, as would be so for Nevada, Montana, and Ohio. Texas is Lean R right now but if Allred keeps posting tied polls or even leads it could move to tossup.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #714 on: March 08, 2024, 11:34:36 AM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #715 on: March 08, 2024, 12:36:28 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #716 on: March 08, 2024, 12:55:16 PM »

Lol. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #717 on: March 08, 2024, 07:13:36 PM »

lol I guess the pregnant intern rumors were true
xavier110
United States
« Reply #718 on: March 08, 2024, 10:41:59 PM »

This is pretty funny. Unfortunately/fortunately, he’s definitely the best candidate Ds could run against Schweikert: good-looking, center-left, professional/Ivy/finance background in most educated and wealthy district in the state. Primary voters are going to go with Galan Woods, however, who’s running like a liberal Kari Lake atm.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #719 on: March 08, 2024, 10:48:57 PM »

This is pretty funny. Unfortunately/fortunately, he’s definitely the best candidate Ds could run against Schweikert: good-looking, center-left, professional/Ivy/finance background in most educated and wealthy district in the state. Primary voters are going to go with Galan Woods, however, who’s running like a liberal Kari Lake atm.

Woods is not a lock to win the primary, nor do I even think she’s favored ATM; that would be Andrei Cherny IMO.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #720 on: March 09, 2024, 06:06:42 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #721 on: March 09, 2024, 07:45:58 PM »

I don’t know how much that helps in a district he lost to Nikki Haley
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #722 on: March 09, 2024, 10:58:04 PM »

I believe it’ll be close but she’ll end up winning. There will probably be fewer Democrats voting in that primary than in the presidential from February, and I imagine there will be more Haley-Mace than Trump-Templeton voters.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #723 on: March 10, 2024, 09:35:15 PM »

A good deal. Mace's 2022 primary challenger was Trumpy; I think she was even Trumpy enough, although I don't recall if she won the endorsement.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #724 on: March 10, 2024, 09:42:38 PM »

A good deal. Mace's 2022 primary challenger was Trumpy; I think she was even Trumpy enough, although I don't recall if she won the endorsement.

Yeah, Mace's 2022 primary challenger was endorsed by Trump. Funny thing is that she was also endorsed by Trump in 2018 when she primaried out Mark Sanford and ended up losing the seat.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies