Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:39:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lending more credibility to Keystone Phil's anecdotes.  (Read 18445 times)
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« on: November 26, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »

So...unlock it for your benefit...lock it for people to opine on how wrong they think you were.

No, I lock it when people decide to mock me. I'm more than willing to have a civil conversation about this stuff. Too many people here decided to make a mockery of what I was saying.

Aw, bless.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:25:24 AM »

Aren't these two articles just more proof anecdotal evidence is total bullsh**t? How does this back up your claims in any way?

It's proof that it wasn't just me saying all of this. I wasn't crazy for saying this stuff. I was backed up by Democratic Obama supporters up until the polls closed on November 4th.

What you did wrong was not telling us of this anecdotal evidence, actually I think most people appreciate it, but where you went wrong was making predictions based on that kind of evidence. Especially when you wouldn't believe polls but were eager to believe any anecdotal evidence that helped your side.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I predicted an Obama win in PA, pal. Insert foot in mouth now, please.

Not in September when every single poll showed Obama up. You just "clinged" to your anecdotal evidence, which is why you get so much sh**t. And it is 100% deserved. And even when you predicted an Obama win it was by what 2-3% or something, and you proceeded to denigrate people who were predicting a double digit win in PA. Refresh my memory a little, who was correct?

And all of that is pointless. For all we know, I could have been right if things stayed the same. They didn't and I changed what I said before voting began.

And, yes, I did laugh off people predicting a double digit win as did many people that actually supported Obama. It wasn't a mainstream prediction. I was wrong. I admitted it and that's more than any of you ever do.

3 cycles in a row. A streak to be proud of.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »

I was hoping you had left the forum Iosif. To Too bad you let me down.

Why would I leave? I enjoy reading your posts too much.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 11:05:36 AM »

I was hoping you had left the forum Iosif. To Too bad you let me down.

Why would I leave? I enjoy reading your posts too much.

Oh wow, a grammar Nazi, you're so special.

I'd be careful about calling others Nazis if I were you. I wouldn't want my glass house to be pelted with stones.

Phil cracks me up. He didn't just "make fun" of people who thought a double digit Obama win in PA was possible. He mocked them. Terms like hack and moron were common. And that went on long after the economy crashed so I don't see how that's a valid excuse.

Now he stamps his feet and has a little hissy fit at anybody who has the nerve to remind him that he was wrong (spectacularly, again). And I'd imagine that will continue for the next 18 months.

Then the cycle will repeat itself in time for the 2010 midterms.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

Oh wow, now I'm a nazi. Good for you stupid troll.

I'd be careful about calling others stupid as well.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »

Being called a child is just a tad rich, don't you think? It's not as if I'm the one who's locking threads because people are being mean to me.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:03 PM »

Being called a child is just a tad rich, don't you think? It's not as if I'm the one who's locking threads because people are being mean to me.

I'm locking threads because you have nothing constructive to say; you're just throwing around personal insults. You're a troll with something personal against me ever since you joined the forum. Again, it's kind of sweet but stop being such a douche. Thanks, pal.

This is the first time I've addressed you in weeks.

Stop being a flaming drama queen.
Iosif

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »

And miss your next prediction?

Never. I need the comic relief.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies