TX-SEN: True to Form (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN: True to Form (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-SEN: True to Form  (Read 159163 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 22, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »

Beto O'Rourke can't win TX.

The only Texas Democrats that can win are Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich (yes, he can win) or Bill White, the son of former Texas Gov. Bill White.

O'Rourke will lose to Cruz by 10-20 points, but he will overperform Wendy Davis, and maybe even Paul Sadler.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »

The only Texas Democrats that can win are Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich (yes, he can win) or Bill White, the son of former Texas Gov. Bill White.

Huh

Pops and McRaven are the only two that could even put this remotely in play in 2018.

Oh I agree that O'Rourke isn't winning this thing. McRaven would indeed be an interesting contender. I was more just perplexed by Bronz's insistence that Bill White's son (?) is somehow a top prospect (There is of course no former Texas Governor Bill White, so I'm a little confused as to whether Bronz is talking about the former Houston mayor and 2010 gov. candidate or his son who I've never heard of).

I'm sorry. I thought that former Houston mayor and 2010 gubernatorial nominee Bill White is related to former Gov. Mark White.

I don't think that they are related, but Bill White should run for Senate in 2018.

Ron Kirk would be a good Texas Democratic candidate in 2018 as well.

Cecile Richards and Wendy Davis are too liberal for Texas, period. The abortion issue would be too much, they are too pro-choice for a conservative state like Texas, even with Hispanic conservatives.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/24/castro-julian-joaquin-texas-241946
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »

CBS is in trouble after violently trivializing Beto O'Rourke's remarks about the national anthem.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/media/2018/08/25/cbs-news-posts-misleading-tweets-nfl-protests/1098495002/

Can Beto even get more than 15% of the white vote in Texas?

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 06:53:37 PM »

Is Beto anti-police by the way, as Cruz claims?

Who do you think police officers in TX are supporting overall?

Do you think the sports teams owners (except for Spurs' ownership) are pro-Cruz?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies