Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:58:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 175720 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2023, 06:30:22 AM »

I had missed this but the Democratic Party has moved its primary by one week, so the vote will be on the 26th of February.

The four candidates...

Elly Schlein, vicepresident of Emilia-Romagna (yes really) until her election to Parliament last September. Notable things about her: very progressive, bisexual, Jewish, also a Swiss and a US citizen, left the PD in 2015 because she considered Renzi too right-wing before rejoining recently

We're reaching unfathomably high levels of based here.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2023, 03:23:57 AM »

BASED! This is the first time in a while that a Jew has been in charge of a major European party (that wasn't a personal vehicle, looking at you, Zemmour)

Anyway, why did Schlein lose Emilia-Romagna? She's from there and was Vice President of the region (I assume that's the Italian equivalent of Lieutenant Governor, feel free to correct me)
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2023, 07:56:51 AM »

BASED! This is the first time in a while that a Jew has been in charge of a major European party (that wasn't a personal vehicle, looking at you, Zemmour)

Anyway, why did Schlein lose Emilia-Romagna? She's from there and was Vice President of the region (I assume that's the Italian equivalent of Lieutenant Governor, feel free to correct me)

This depends on whether you count Zingaretti as "a Jew" (which I don't think he does himself, but part of his maternal family is Jewish and his great-grandmother was deported to Auschwitz). I also assume you are counting Sluha Narodu as a personal vehicle?

Don't feed the American.

Well, you're British. You don't have any food in the first place because of "bad weather in Spain"

Regardless, nothing I wrote was incorrect. As I said, Schlein is the first person in a while to both identify as Jewish and lead an established party. "A while" is also a rather subjective time frame.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2023, 02:27:42 PM »

Regardless, nothing I wrote was incorrect. As I said, Schlein is the first person in a while to both identify as Jewish and lead an established party. "A while" is also a rather subjective time frame.

I was about to write that it's hardly a while since Ed Miliband but, wait, 2015 was eight years ago (how?) and you're quite young aren't you?

Ah. I wasn't aware Miliband identified as Jewish.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2023, 05:33:59 PM »

This depends on whether you count Zingaretti as "a Jew" (which I don't think he does himself, but part of his maternal family is Jewish and his great-grandmother was deported to Auschwitz). I also assume you are counting Sluha Narodu as a personal vehicle?

Don't feed the American.

Well, you're British. You don't have any food in the first place because of "bad weather in Spain"

The Schlein is not Jewish, her father is not her mother

Sorry, "Etruscan"
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2023, 02:26:33 AM »

PD recently polled above 20% for the first time since the election.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2023, 03:44:45 PM »

Bonelli's stunt where he brought rocks from the Adige river bed to Parliament

he what

You come from the country of MPs bringing lumps of coal to Parliament, are you surprised?
Is this on Youtube?

Bonelli or the Australian MPs? I am sure both are, can't be too difficult to find.

Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies