PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:37:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted  (Read 16289 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 23, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »

Politics of HOPE

This type of news will go over real well! I bet Jack Murtha's constituents and Northeast Philadelphians will just love this!

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »

The Republicans in this thread are real classy.

Almost as classy as this "new type of politics" you guys love to preach about!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »

Phil, please don't imply in any way, that supporters of Obama are in anyway affiliated with this disgusting criminal.

Hey, all I'm saying is...

"We are the change we've been waiting for." Sign me up for the next face carving!

Let's be fair though. I mean...we're close to Halloween. Did he confuse her with a pumpkin perhaps? Let's not judge the guy just yet.

Phil, I know you're feeling a little giddy right now over this woman's attack and how it could benefit McCain, but do you want to step back and explain what, exactly, this attack has to do with a "new type of politics"?

Feeling giddy? Yeah, I'm thrilled. Absolutely. Considering I'm also a volunteer for McCain (who happens to be white) and I go to school with a McCain - Palin pin on my school bag and have to walk through some areas that aren't exactly McCain friendly. How dare you. Seriously.

Tell your supporters to start following your campaign's message. I love it when the hardcore folks act out against their candidate's main message. I hate it when my side does it but it's especially hypocritical in this situation.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »

Does anyone actually have a link to this story or anything?

Only to Drudge which says the event happened in Pittsburgh.

Phil, I know you're feeling a little giddy right now over this woman's attack and how it could benefit McCain, but do you want to step back and explain what, exactly, this attack has to do with a "new type of politics"?

easy. Obama is black. The guy who committed this horrible act was black. Therefore all black people are violent criminals. It's an easy leap to make really.

Roll Eyes

And something I obviously don't believe.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »

Feeling giddy? Yeah, I'm thrilled. Absolutely. Considering I'm also a volunteer for McCain (who happens to be white) and I go to school with a McCain - Palin pin on my school bag and have to walk through some areas that aren't exactly McCain friendly. How dare you. Seriously.

Save the sanctimony. You are so thrilled about this, it's sickening. She's not a volunteer out canvassing, she's a woman who got mugged and attacked at an ATM. Your first thought here wasn't "I feel unsafe," it's "I can't wait until all those old white-hairs in Johnstown and Northeast Philly hear about this!" Then you start making crap up about Obama's "supporters" as if this has anything to do with Obama.

You can't control how you feel and maybe you think it's good to publicly celebrate here, but it makes you look like an a$$hole. Seriously.

Someone's a little testy today!

I'm glad you knew my first reaction when I saw this. It was on a Pennsylvania conservative blog that I visit frequently. I saw it earlier. I expressed how I felt. Next time I'll know that I must first put out my official feelings here to satisfy my fabulous critics.

Again, note your own statement: "Your first thought here..." Glad you didn't pressume too much to say that that was my first general thought.

As the comments note:  The B is upside down.  Maybe she did it to herself in a mirror. 

OMG McCAIN PLANT?!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »

So we have gone from brittain bashing me for not having enough compassion for the victim to...brittain basically calling this fake.

Have we started searching a bit more about this woman? Is she on McCain's payroll? Quick! Quick! Is she really even a plumber?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »

Breaking News

Woman who was mugged - Is the baby her's or her daughter's?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS

One Obama supporter is a violent thug/criminal, Obama and supporter's entire message of change is undermined

Well, remember how the racists at the McCain rallies embodied every McCain supporter?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »

Just in to CNN...

Mugged woman has ties to controversial pastor but Muslim rumors persist.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

Breaking News

BREAKING NEWS

One Obama supporter is a violent thug/criminal, Obama and supporter's entire message of change is undermined

Well, remember how the racists at the McCain rallies embodied every McCain supporter?
Of course they didn't. They did represent a small but significant of McCain's base, however, that was being emboldened (and still is) by the divisive and angry rhetoric of John McCain, Sarah Palin, and other Republican operatives.

And believe me, pal - there is enough divisive and angry rhetoric on your side as well.

The story from KDKA says that, "according to the police report, the officer confirmed that he "observed the wound on the right side of [her] face."

I knew she was a fascist.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »

We're getting word that this wouldn't have happened if the woman had only "clinged" to a gun. I'm sure she's feeling very bitter that she didn't do so.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »

We're getting word that this wouldn't have happened if the woman had only "clinged" to a gun. I'm sure she's feeling very bitter that she didn't do so.
Totally. She could have shot herself a Negro!

No, no, no. She should have just let herself be attacked. I would never call upon someone to act like an animal and defend themselves.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »

nobody seems to have picked up on the story except for conservative blogs.

Yeah, I'm surprised Barack doesn't have this on his website with some fancy graphics.

We're Srry!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 05:46:06 PM »

Phil's acting like a child. That's pretty funny.

And you thought we had nothing in common!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »

LOL

Guys, come on now. You know I wasn't saying that. I just find it especially ironic that the people that are such hardcore Obama fanatics go against his main message. It makes as much sense as people protesting against war/promoting peace using violence to make a point.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »

The Obama campaign's statement on this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Just more proof of how absolutely disgusting Phil is being. And he calls me immature?

Oh, God. I have to own this kid again?

Anyway, child, I don't know what this statement proves. Care to enlighten me? What is "more proof?" I never said that this would be sanctioned by the Obama campaign. Of course the campaign will speak out against it.  I said I find it ironic that the most hardcore supporters go against the guy's main message.

I'm referring to all your little snarks on this thread.

Oh, you mean like me mocking accusations throughout the campaign from both sides? Ok.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »

One was clearly a snark about those DailyKos/Palin conspiracy people.

Uh...ok...and like I said, I was mocking both sides. Sorry, BRTD. You lose. Like usual.

The question is not whether Obama would condone this behavior. The question is whether the McCain/Palin campaign hierarchy in Pennsylvania is in any way connected with this racially-charged hoax that is being perpetrated.

Oh, that would just be the icing on the cake. Seriously. Imagine how funny that would be!

But really, you're crazy if you think the McCain campaign did this. Then again, judging from your past comments...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »

One was clearly a snark about those DailyKos/Palin conspiracy people.

Uh...ok...and like I said, I was mocking both sides. Sorry, BRTD. You lose. Like usual.

The question is not whether Obama would condone this behavior. The question is whether the McCain/Palin campaign hierarchy in Pennsylvania is in any way connected with this racially-charged hoax that is being perpetrated.

Oh, that would just be the icing on the cake. Seriously. Imagine how funny that would be!

But really, you're crazy if you think the McCain campaign did this. Then again, judging from your past comments...

I strongly suspect the infamous B carving is self-inflicted. What is her role in the McCain/Palin campaign in PA? Did anybody in the McCain/Palin campaign in PA put her up to this stunt, or did she come up with the idea by herself?

LOL
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »

Are you seriously trying to attribute the actions of a criminal to all Obama supporters? You republicans are fukcing desperate.

Oh man you guys are brutally stupid.

Let me say for...the fourth time? Yeah, the fourth time...

I find it ironic that the most hardcore supporters of that man - the people that ought to share his views more than anyone else - decide to act in such a contradictory manner. That. Is. All.

This was one person out of millions.

And as I said elsewhere, the horribly vicious rhetoric from other Obama supporters feeds into what I said about contradictions with Obama's main message.

However, there is potentially an erratic McCain supporter who has carved a backward B into her face and made up an outrageous story in an attempt to stoke racist fires in certain areas of Pennsylvania...

LOL

That's looking at "facts?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 01:18:23 AM »

If this woman really did make this up, then she is a disgusting piece of trash and obviously deserves to be punished. That being said, I still doubt that it is a hoax and I really doubt that any respectable political organization would be involved in this.

Even still, my first point about this shaping how people feel in certain areas still stands. Whether that ought to be the case or not isn't relevant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »

Yeah, this is pretty bad. I'm creeping near BRTD territory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies