PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:18:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: PA McCain volunteer (possibly) assaulted  (Read 16345 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »

The Obama campaign's statement on this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Just more proof of how absolutely disgusting Phil is being. And he calls me immature?

Oh, God. I have to own this kid again?

Anyway, child, I don't know what this statement proves. Care to enlighten me? What is "more proof?" I never said that this would be sanctioned by the Obama campaign. Of course the campaign will speak out against it.  I said I find it ironic that the most hardcore supporters go against the guy's main message.

I'm referring to all your little snarks on this thread.

Oh, you mean like me mocking accusations throughout the campaign from both sides? Ok.
Rococo4

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2008, 11:36:47 PM »

looks like a hoax to me
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2008, 11:50:23 PM »

The Obama campaign's statement on this:

Just more proof of how absolutely disgusting Phil is being. And he calls me immature?

Oh, God. I have to own this kid again?

Anyway, child, I don't know what this statement proves. Care to enlighten me? What is "more proof?" I never said that this would be sanctioned by the Obama campaign. Of course the campaign will speak out against it.  I said I find it ironic that the most hardcore supporters go against the guy's main message.

I'm referring to all your little snarks on this thread.

Oh, you mean like me mocking accusations throughout the campaign from both sides? Ok.

You know what I'm referring to, it's your obvious anti-Obama snarks. Don't be so dense.

Which ones? Again, I never said Obama would condone this behavior and my other comments were jokes. Get a grip.

The question is not whether Obama would condone this behavior. The question is whether the McCain/Palin campaign hierarchy in Pennsylvania is in any way connected with this racially-charged hoax that is being perpetrated.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »

One was clearly a snark about those DailyKos/Palin conspiracy people.

Uh...ok...and like I said, I was mocking both sides. Sorry, BRTD. You lose. Like usual.

The question is not whether Obama would condone this behavior. The question is whether the McCain/Palin campaign hierarchy in Pennsylvania is in any way connected with this racially-charged hoax that is being perpetrated.

Oh, that would just be the icing on the cake. Seriously. Imagine how funny that would be!

But really, you're crazy if you think the McCain campaign did this. Then again, judging from your past comments...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2008, 11:54:56 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2008, 11:57:03 PM by Politico »

Uh...ok...and like I said, I was mocking both sides. Sorry, BRTD. You lose. Like usual.

Oh, that would just be the icing on the cake. Seriously. Imagine how funny that would be!

But really, you're crazy if you think the McCain campaign did this. Then again, judging from your past comments...

I strongly suspect the infamous B carving is self-inflicted. What is her role in the McCain/Palin campaign in PA? Did anybody in the McCain/Palin campaign in PA put her up to this stunt, or did she come up with the idea by herself?

My guess, at this time, is this is a stunt she came up with on the fly after her boyfriend beat her up or after she got mugged. I would be surprised to find out the pathetic McCain/Palin campaign, or anybody else involved with it, would put her up to this and not realize the "B" is backwards haha
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »

I strongly suspect the infamous B carving is self-inflicted. What is her role in the McCain/Palin campaign in PA? Did anybody in the McCain/Palin campaign in PA put her up to this stunt, or did she come up with the idea by herself?

LOL
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »

First, I was the one making comments about the DailyKos being played like a violin by the McCain Campaign.

Secondly, these were obviously jokes from Phil that were not directed against Obama.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2008, 12:01:25 AM »

First, I was the one making comments about the DailyKos being played like a violin by the McCain Campaign.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with this thread and did absolutely no good for McCain either.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2008, 12:05:17 AM »

The Republicans in this thread are real classy.

Almost as classy as this "new type of politics" you guys love to preach about!

Are you seriously trying to attribute the actions of a criminal to all Obama supporters? You republicans are fukcing desperate.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2008, 12:06:09 AM »

Are you seriously trying to attribute the actions of a criminal to all Obama supporters? You republicans are fukcing desperate.

"Get in their faces" - Barack Milhous Obama
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2008, 12:11:49 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 12:43:06 AM by sbane »

Oh man you guys are brutally stupid.

Let me say for...the fourth time? Yeah, the fourth time...

I find it ironic that the most hardcore supporters of that man - the people that ought to share his views more than anyone else - decide to act in such a contradictory manner. That. Is. All.

Well I didn't read the whole thread first of all. I just found your comments to be disgusting. Some mugger, who is also supporting Obama, mugged a girl and carved her face. Now suddenly since I am an Obama supporter, I am complicit as well. Roll Eyes Now how do you know this mugger was a "hardcore supporter"? It's probably some retarded mugger who wanted to carve a face or something. There are a lot of weird people out there man, and some of them do support Obama....and Mccain for that matter.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »

I find it ironic that the most hardcore supporters of that man - the people that ought to share his views more than anyone else - decide to act in such a contradictory manner. That. Is. All.

This was one person out of millions.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2008, 12:18:59 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 12:23:54 AM by Politico »

It's almost surely a hoax, folks. Just look at the facts and use some commonsense.

There is likely no sick mugger who takes time to carve an elaborate backward B instead of a simple O. In fact, there are likely no thieves out there who care one way or another about the presidential election. However, there is potentially an erratic McCain supporter who has carved a backward B into her face and made up an outrageous story in an attempt to stoke racist fires in certain areas of Pennsylvania...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2008, 12:32:16 AM »

My opinion of quite a few people, on both sides of the aisle, has dropped significantly after reading this thread.

Anyways, I hope the woman is OK.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »

This was one person out of millions.

And as I said elsewhere, the horribly vicious rhetoric from other Obama supporters feeds into what I said about contradictions with Obama's main message.

However, there is potentially an erratic McCain supporter who has carved a backward B into her face and made up an outrageous story in an attempt to stoke racist fires in certain areas of Pennsylvania...

LOL

That's looking at "facts?"
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2008, 12:51:31 AM »

UPDATE: Cops not buying it

TMZ:
http://www.tmz.com/2008/10/23/politically-motivated-mutilation-real-or-hoax/

Pittsburgh Trib
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_594939.html

Of course Drudge is all over the story but spinning it as 'MCCAIN VOLUNTEER 'ATTACKED AND MUTILATED' IN PITTSBURGH...'

I am still not sure. I feel horrible thinking that this could be a hoax. If it isn't I would be a real jerk, but there just seems to be too many things that don't add up. and right now there are no witnesses or camera evidence so it is just the word of a hard core mccain volunteer in western PA saying a giant black man carved a B in her face the day it was announced they either win PA or lose the election.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2008, 12:53:33 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 12:59:27 AM by Eraserhead »

TMZ:

Pittsburgh Trib

Of course Drudge is all over the story but spinning it as 'MCCAIN VOLUNTEER 'ATTACKED AND MUTILATED' IN PITTSBURGH...'

I am still not sure. I feel horrible thinking that this could be a hoax. If it isn't I would be a real jerk, but there just seems to be too many things that don't add up. and right now there are no witnesses or camera evidence so it is just the word of a hard core mccain volunteer in western PA saying a giant black man carved a B in her face the day it was announced they either win PA or lose the election.

The highlighted part is most important. I hope some of the Republicans in this thread have the sense to own up to their absurd statements if this story falls apart, but I'm not holding my breath.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2008, 01:02:07 AM by Politico »

TMZ:

Pittsburgh Trib

There are true believers who would resort to desperate, despicable and illegal acts to help their candidate win. She's young and it certainly looks like she has made a big mistake here. Obviously those bruises indicate she is a victim at some level. Perhaps this experience has simply traumatized her and led to her poor decision to claim the act of violence is something it was not. Perhaps an abusive boyfriend forced her into this. We'll find out.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2008, 01:04:39 AM »

if this is a hoax, then maybe she was really assaulted and someone had the bright idea...hey lets turn this into a racial political thing to help the campaign? That would be slightly less creepy than the full out hoax where some friend of hers beat the sh**t out of her to sell the hoax.

bottom line, how will those conservative democrat whites in western PA (who would be the target of this kind of race baiting) react to find out that a mccain volunteer tried to trick them by faking a hate crime to turn them against Obama. Cant imagine that would win McCain many votes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2008, 01:18:23 AM »

If this woman really did make this up, then she is a disgusting piece of trash and obviously deserves to be punished. That being said, I still doubt that it is a hoax and I really doubt that any respectable political organization would be involved in this.

Even still, my first point about this shaping how people feel in certain areas still stands. Whether that ought to be the case or not isn't relevant.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2008, 01:24:06 AM »

If this woman really did make this up, then she is a disgusting piece of trash and obviously deserves to be punished. That being said, I still doubt that it is a hoax and I really doubt that any respectable political organization would be involved in this.

Even still, my first point about this shaping how people feel in certain areas still stands. Whether that ought to be the case or not isn't relevant.

why do you doubt it is a hoax. Right now there is only the word of a McCain volutneer. A woman who gave up college and moved to PA to help what looks like a losing cause. There is no evidence and according to the most recent report, evidence that looks like she made it up. Why would the police be polygraphing a victim?

Do you want this to be true?

isnt it actually a better world to live in, if it isn't true.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2008, 01:37:26 AM »

Starting to sound like the Duke rape case.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2008, 02:08:42 AM »

I really doubt that any respectable political organization would be involved in this.

This is the McCain campaign we're talking about.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2008, 02:31:26 AM »

As someone in a racially mixed marriage and raising a mixed race son, I think some of you people on here are positively despicable. 

oh, cry me a river.  I'm also in a racially mixed marriage and am raising FOUR mixed-race kids.  Who cares?

I care.  Pics?

Haha, I'm sorry.  That was terrible.

Anyway, about this wee little scratch, woopdeedoo.  However, I am really amazed to hear a story of a mugging - I hadn't heard of muggings since, oh, gosh, the early 1980s.  I suppose there were also a few in the very early 90s, but essentially the mugging is something I think of in old movies, not in modern real life.

Some other thoughts, since I'm here.  Why is it some of you type Barack Milhous Obama?  Is that a reference to Nixon (and if so how is Barak Nixonian?), or Milhous from the Simpsons?

As for the many posts which have gone before me in this great and timeless thread, let me say the ones that amused me most were jmfcst's, and it pains me to say that.  I have to admit the man is bright and funny, though at the same time terrifying.

Regarding the electoral significance of this little photoplay...  well, I do think that it is a terrible blow for Obama in Pennsylvania.  I would not put Obama's chances in PA at 50%.  The state is a complete tossup now (I had thought of it is a 60/40 odds favorite for Obama).  It isn't so much that dumbs will believe the 'attack' was politically motivated (or even that it was real), but that it stirs up race hatred so very effectively.  Most whites in america immediately jump to a genocidal extreme when they hear about these petty crimes.

One things for sure, doesn't this exciting election of 2008 just confirm that racism is alive and well in american, and essentially unchanged from 1808 or 1908?  I think so.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2008, 02:33:41 AM »

Horrible. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to: