Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:53:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doug Jones votes with blue dogs and Trump on budget  (Read 6328 times)
Joey1996

« on: January 21, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »

Joining the likes of Manchin, Heitkamp, Donelley and McCaskill in voting for Trump's short term spending bill, and not for principle or in support of Dreamers. Is Dopey Doug trying to win over the white Alabamans who eagerly supported an accused pedophile over him? If Dopey Doug keeps this up, black and latino voters will stay home and he'll lose badly in 2020.
Joey1996

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »

Doug Jones won because of the fact that he got 30% of the white vote instead of 15%. He DID NOT win because the black share of the vote went up from 26% to 29%.

And you think he'd win 30% of the white vote if he goes against a normal Republican in 2020?
Joey1996

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 12:25:32 PM »

Alabama has one of the fasting growing Latino population in the country as well.
Joey1996

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »

Jones should vote like the "liberal stooge" Trump labeled him as and not with Trump in a protest vote against the Democrats.
Joey1996

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »

And this is why I have most of our maroon avatars on ignore. You legitimately sound like Trump, my dude.

Lol I sound like Trump and not the people voting with him, l.o.l
Joey1996

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 12:55:02 PM »

The base won't hold this against him, but white Alabamians might. He needed some whites, especially college-educated whites, to win and he'll need them again in 2020.
What? White Alabamians would probably be more likely to vote for him if he votes like a centrist.

White Alabamians vote on party lines, they don't care if Dopey Doug votes like a Blue Dog, they'll see him as a Schumer controlled-liberal nonetheless.
Joey1996

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »

Doug Jones campaigned on being bipartisan and working together, so obviously he is going to vote in a mostly centrist way.

Generally politicians try to behave/vote like they campaign.

I don't remember Scott Brown doing such a thing.

Because Republicans understand power and knew to treat Brown’s Senate win like the fluke it was. I don’t remember Brown vowing to unions or speaking centrist on budgets and taxes.

Doug Jones will almost certainly not win re-election. If he is a true progressive, he should ditch the moderation and try to help the horribly oppressed people in his state like he promised to. Anything less is a waste of the capabilities of his seat and the good fortunes of his win.
Joey1996

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »

1. He campaigned on bipartisanship

2. His vote didn't count for anything when they weren't close to 60.

Bipartisanship is working together on a clean DACA bill
Joey1996

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 02:45:26 PM »

So I take it you’ll go back to Birmingham with him and explain why he voted against CHIP for the rural black communities who use it in favor of people who are not citizens?

Doug Jones does not represent California. His voters did not send him there to vote against their interests in favor of non-citizens.

So was it a symbolic vote or did he somehow believe it would pass and continue funding for CHIP?
Joey1996

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:16 PM »

So I take it you’ll go back to Birmingham with him and explain why he voted against CHIP for the rural black communities who use it in favor of people who are not citizens?

Doug Jones does not represent California. His voters did not send him there to vote against their interests in favor of non-citizens.

So was it a symbolic vote or did he somehow believe it would pass and continue funding for CHIP?
It was a vote in the best interest of the black Americans who had to combat Jim Crow inspired voter suppression tactics to vote for him.

Nice twist, I'm not buying it
Joey1996

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2018, 06:59:21 PM by Joey1996 »

So what? Nobody expected him to align with Sanders and Warren.

What does this have to do with aligning with Sanders or Warren he's literally one of 5 Dems to vote with Trump
Joey1996

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »

FWIW, I don't have anything against releasing their most vulnerable Senators to vote for cloture, as long as they have 40 other Senators to oppose it. The problem is when the Senate Majority Leader elected from New York is too chickensh*t to seriously whip the votes for the shutdown.

I agree with this
Joey1996

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 02:12:12 AM »

Joining the likes of Manchin, Heitkamp, Donelley and McCaskill in voting for Trump's short term spending bill, and not for principle or in support of Dreamers. Is Dopey Doug trying to win over the white Alabamans who eagerly supported an accused pedophile over him? If Dopey Doug keeps this up, black and latino voters will stay home and he'll lose badly in 2020.

Black Alabamans don't give a crap about the Dreamers and they would vote for Jones even if he supported the RAISE Act.

As a black person, I can definitively say that the concept of job security nativism amongst black people is overrated, and that we tend to be much more empathetic with the struggles of undocumented immigrants.
Joey1996

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 09:53:41 AM »

Alt-centrists can't explain why voting with a man they think is a Russian Manchurian candidate makes any sense, so they rely on  personal attacks.

Would alt-centrists even oppose Trump if he weren't crude in his language or had a history of being a racist and misogynist?
Joey1996

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 12:56:55 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2018, 01:03:31 PM by Joey1996 »

Why am I unsurprised that Joey has a knowledge of politics comparable to that of a bag of sand?

Lol if it's not the guy who PM'd me about avoiding divisiveness
Joey1996

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »

Jerseycrat is an alt-centrists aka a moderate Republican
Joey1996

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 07:00:29 PM »

Yeah, the Democratic Party is my vehicle, not my driver.

Thanks for the new sig

😉

It's never a dull moment with new dark-red avatars Smiley

Absolutely! As annoying as they can be, I need them for comedic value.

Love you too 🙃
Joey1996

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 02:00:23 PM »

i like your sig bud!!! i voted for jill stein too. i was so happy imagining how mad shillary would be if she knew i didnt vote for her. its a good thing i wore loose pants that day

Imagine being this dedicated to trtolling a political forum. Whose alt is this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies