On the Record: NJ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:22:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  On the Record: NJ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win the NJ Senate Race?
Tom Kean Jr.
Bob Menendez
Other (meaning Dem switch-a-roo)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: On the Record: NJ  (Read 8157 times)
Conan
conan

« on: September 10, 2006, 12:05:06 AM »

I won't give a percentage now, but I do think Menendenz will still win.

Republicans better hope there aren't any photos or footage of Kean with Bush.
It doesnt matter if theres photos. They will use photoshop with a note at the bottom saying "photo for dramatic purposes and not real".  I also see a planned attack on Christie coming. They will also mention Karl Rove. The ads are going to be quite dramatic and awesome. I have also read today that Kean is related (as in family with) to Bush. Although through generations of lineage. Not that theyd use that or anything in an ad. There will probably be ads of Kean with pictures or footage of the war in Iraq obviously. Dont count out them attacking Keans ethics either.
Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 12:39:26 AM »

Oooh, Kean is distantly related to George Bush. So is John Kerry. Big deal.
Did you not read what I wrote before that? I said pretty much not that it matters really. I was just pointing out a interesting fact.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:40:10 AM »

Conan, you are a pretty entertaining guy. I never knew blatant hackishm could be so fun to watch.
You are an idiot. I have never said anything unrealistic on this forum or uncalled for.
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2006, 05:02:52 PM by conan »

Conan, you are a pretty entertaining guy. I never knew blatant hackishm could be so fun to watch.
You are an idiot. I have never said anything unrealistic on this forum or uncalled for.

Saying that Bob Menendez and Jon Corzine are not corrupt or part of the Democratic machine, or that the scandal will not hurt him but Kean, Chris Christie is a partisan prosecutor (check his record), and that Menendez is still the favorite is just overly optimism, not reality.
Read my posts. I have said Christie is partisan, not a partisan prosecutor although this suggests he is. I have said that this scandal can hurt Menendez but it could also hurt Kean backfiring. Jon Corzine isnt corrupt nor is he apart of the machine. He doesnt need to be, hes a very rich man and as you saw with the budget debate he can break from his party (the "machine") and stand for what he believes is right. This race is still tossup/leaning dem until a poll shows Kean with 47 and Menendez less then 41.  Then it would be lean Kean after a few more polls confirm that poll. However, the race is still dead heat but its NJ so it leans dem.

You can say I live in a "bubble" when in fact you do. And to quote Joe Lieberman, you do so "at your own peril."
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »

Here we go again... it looks like Rob Andrews is angling for the Dem Senate nomination if Menendez goes the way of "the Torch."

This is the insider report from politicalwire.com:

"Rep. Robert Andrews (D-NJ), who was riding an Amtrak train late last week to New Jersey, was overheard talking on his cell phone "about a scandal breaking that very evening implicating" Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), according to Roll Call.

The source on the train said Andrews discussed "the prospect of Democrats having to replace Menendez on the ballot with another Senate nominee." (Political Wire readers will remember Andrews wanted the appointment to replace Jon Corzine but Menendez got the nod instead.) The informant heard Andrews say, "A 60-day campaign is doable; a 30-day campaign is death."

However, a second source on the train "confirmed that quote but said it had nothing to do with a possible replacement on the ballot. He said it had to do with the timing of the Menendez scandal and whether it would be easier to deal with 30 or 60 days from Election Day."

Both sources confirmed Andrews said, "He's no Forrester," implying that Tom Kean, Jr. (R) is a much more formidable candidate than former GOP Senate nominee Doug Forrester (R)."

Shhh..., don't tell Conan, he's still living in the "Menendez is going to win by a sizeable margin w/virtually no challenge" bubble
Again. I have never said with no challenge. He will win though with 50+ to Keans 47-48. I am the realist here, not you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies