NYT LIVE POLL THREAD:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:24:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYT LIVE POLL THREAD:
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83]
Poll
Question: How would you rate the NYT/Siena House polls methodology
A: Freedom Methodology

B

C

D

F: Horrible Methodology

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 139

Author Topic: NYT LIVE POLL THREAD:  (Read 137246 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: October 11, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »

And Wallace leads outside the MOE before we are even to 100 respondents

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2051 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »

And Wallace leads outside the MOE before we are even to 100 respondents

GG
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2052 on: October 11, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »

Wallace weirdly looks both evil and nice at the same time.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2053 on: October 11, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »

Wexton is getting close to leading outside the MOE also, and that is before we get to 50 respondents.

If both Wexton and Wallace are leading outside the MOE when both polls get to 150 respondents, NYT/Siena should just cancel the rest of those two polls, start polling elsewhere in districts that are actually competitive, and not poll any more Clinton-voting non-sunbelt suburban districts for the rest of the time until election day.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2054 on: October 11, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »

If the numbers for Wexton and Wallace hold, it would put some merit behind the notion that Kavanaugh helped democrats in moderate congressional districts like these. But its still very early and we know how bouncy these upshots can get until they get a decent sized sample.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2055 on: October 11, 2018, 05:46:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SVpUvFN8g

Anyway, let's not get too excited yet. The PA-01 sample size looks very pro-Democratic, but if Fitzpatrick continues to stay under Trump's approval, that's very bad for him.
bilaps
« Reply #2056 on: October 11, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »

Wexton is getting close to leading outside the MOE also, and that is before we get to 50 respondents.

If both Wexton and Wallace are leading outside the MOE when both polls get to 150 respondents, NYT/Siena should just cancel the rest of those two polls, start polling elsewhere in districts that are actually competitive, and not poll any more Clinton-voting non-sunbelt suburban districts for the rest of the time until election day.

It's like 49 people in VA and a Trump approval of 35% in PA. Take it easy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2057 on: October 11, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SVpUvFN8g

Anyway, let's not get too excited yet. The PA-01 sample size looks very pro-Democratic, but if Fitzpatrick continues to stay under Trump's approval, that's very bad for him.

What's interesting as of right now is that the CW is that Fitz would pull some Dems, but right now Wallace is actually grabbing 20% of Rs.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2058 on: October 11, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »

It's like 49 people in VA and a Trump approval of 35% in PA. Take it easy.

After these polls are done with, I hope we will all learn an important lesson - it is never too early to jump to conclusions about Clinton-voting non-sunbelt suburban districts.

The sample in VA-10 looks a bit funky, but I think we can be pretty confident that eventually these are going to settle in to be reasonably clear Dem leads. Maybe one or both may get to 10 points or under (following the same sort of trend as the NJ-03 poll), but they'll be clear enough nonetheless.

It is not even so much a question of whether it is right or wrong - it is the NYT/Siena LV model. There is something about the LV model that just makes it go absolutely nuts in these non-sunbelt Clinton suburban districts.
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #2059 on: October 11, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »

Not that I'm trying to be a selective poll critic, but Democrats winning females 69% to 26% is utterly unrealistic. That would be several points better than their 2016 margins with California females. PA-1 is not California.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2060 on: October 11, 2018, 06:05:25 PM »

Not that I'm trying to be a selective poll critic, but Democrats winning females 69% to 26% is utterly unrealistic. That would be several points better than their 2016 margins with California females. PA-1 is not California.

People said the same sort of things in reverse with regards to Dems holding on in 2010, that they couldn't possibly lose x demographic so badly (x was normally angry white men). Yeah, it will probably come down at least somewhat, but not enough to make a difference.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2061 on: October 11, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »

I mean, I doubt the final margin will be that high, but I also don't think we should underestimate the female suburban vote right now and how angry they are at the GOP
DataGuy
Rookie

« Reply #2062 on: October 11, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »

Nate Silver made an observation a few days ago that is very true: https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1049694810314031104.

Recent polls have been very extreme. Either the Democrat gets really bad news (TN-SEN, ND-SEN, TX-31), or the Republican is getting crushed (PA-1, VA-10). Even with the generic ballot, I have seen some polls that show a close race and others that show a double-digit Democrat lead. It's kind of hard to know what the national environment really looks like at this point.

Or maybe politics has become so polarized by geography that the national environment is no longer helpful in analyzing local races. I think the idea of a uniform national swing might be well past its prime.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2063 on: October 11, 2018, 06:21:45 PM »

politics has become so polarized by geography that the national environment is no longer helpful in analyzing local races. I think the idea of a uniform national swing might be well past its prime.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2064 on: October 12, 2018, 05:36:51 AM »

Locked. New thread:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=303786.msg6464049#msg6464049
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies