Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:40:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 96
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 106677 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 24, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that shua! If you've seen a doctor for either of those conditions, you could try asking them to write a request to excuse you from the jury duty. I have a family member who's done that a few times for county jury duty. I don't know if federal court is different.

^^

Especially, shua, if you take medications for your anxiety or digestive problems. Praying for the best!

Thanks, both of you.  I probably should have worked on getting a doctor's letter at the very beginning, just seemed like a big pain to figure out how to do that so I haven't felt like it made sense to unless I need it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #676 on: June 24, 2021, 02:03:43 PM »

There are background machinations that may end up relocating me to the States. Shocked
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #677 on: June 24, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »

There are background machinations that may end up relocating me to the States. Shocked

Congratulations. Or my condolences. Whichever is appropriate.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #678 on: June 24, 2021, 11:05:34 PM »

A white person (not Greek or Italian) told me I was too (physically) white today. Proud moment.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2021, 01:06:55 AM »

A white person (not Greek or Italian) told me I was too (physically) white today. Proud moment.

You're proud of being f*(ked by the sun without sunblock? Well, you do you.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2021, 02:21:39 AM »

LOL, Belgians are so hilarious. What a sh**t country to do business in.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #681 on: June 26, 2021, 04:29:30 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2021, 06:09:50 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

There is a woman I've taken a liking to. Her name is Noelle, and I've been dreaming about her. But she didn't know who I am, and she didn't give a damn about me.

Her boyfriend's a dick and brings a gun to school, and he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth. He lives on my block and drives an IROC car. But, he doesn't know who I am or give a damn about me, either.

So prom night approaches, right? I feel like mold and I am lonely. Well, lo and behold, she walks up to me. I'm thinking, "This sh!t's gotta be fake." How the hell does she know who I am?

She scored two tickets to Iron Maiden! She said "Come with me Friday, don't say maybe, because I'm just a teenage dirtbag like you."

Oh yeah. Dirtbag. She doesn't know what she's missing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #682 on: June 26, 2021, 04:35:42 PM »

There is a woman I've taken a liking to. Her name is Noelle, and I've been dreaming about her. But she didn't know who I am, and she didn't give a damn about me.

Her boyfriend's a dick and brings a gun to school, and he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth. He lives on my block and drives and IROC car. But, he doesn't know who I am or give a damn about me, either.

So prom night approaches, right? I feel like mold and I am lonely. Well, lo and behold, she walks up to me. I'm thinking, "This sh!t's gotta be fake." How the hell does she know who I am?

She scored two tickets to Iron Maiden! She said "Come with me Friday, don't say maybe, because I'm just a teenage dirtbag like you."

Oh yeah. Dirtbag. She doesn't know what she's missing.

Boobs
HCP
« Reply #683 on: June 26, 2021, 08:36:20 PM »

I was raised to be a gentleman. I was a doctor. I was supposed to be the kingmaker. I was raised to be a gentleman. I never once asked a question. I was a mommy’s man. I was always on the phone. I was raised to be a gentleman. I was a total idiot. I swallowed a mountain of Twix for two million dollars. If you want to lose money, you have to lose money. That’s how it works when you’re dumb.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #684 on: June 26, 2021, 08:45:07 PM »

I was raised to be a gentleman. I was a doctor. I was supposed to be the kingmaker. I was raised to be a gentleman. I never once asked a question. I was a mommy’s man. I was always on the phone. I was raised to be a gentleman. I was a total idiot. I swallowed a mountain of Twix for two million dollars. If you want to lose money, you have to lose money. That’s how it works when you’re dumb.

I'm pretty dumb but yeah the systemic  racism against dumb people sure is dispiriting. Thzt's why I stole my dumb neighbor's pride flag (he's kind of a dick tbh) to display outside my room.

my dream is to be the MLK of dumb peopl
e
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #685 on: June 27, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »

i went and saw The Quiet Place 2 last night and now i'm convinced i should buy land in Wyoming to build a bug out shelter
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #686 on: June 28, 2021, 09:18:13 AM »

So we both have Covid. Despite getting a first vaccine. That Delta variant is going to cut through low vax areas of the States like a hot knife through butter.

Get vaccinated. Take precautions. Look after yourself.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #687 on: June 28, 2021, 09:29:53 AM »

So we both have Covid. Despite getting a first vaccine. That Delta variant is going to cut through low vax areas of the States like a hot knife through butter.

I'm sorry to read this. Hope you get well soon.

Problem is that protection after the 1st shot Pfizer or Astra is just about 30% against the Delta variant, while the 2nd shot gets increases protection from severe illness to over 90%.

This must be at least the 5th poster who was tested positive?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #688 on: June 28, 2021, 09:35:58 AM »

i went and saw The Quiet Place 2 last night and now i'm convinced i should buy land in Wyoming to build a bug out shelter
If there is one thing I’m sure of, is that when the s••• hits the fan, you never want to be away from society so as to avoid raiders. Being in suburban Chicagoland, I’m pretty safe here.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #689 on: June 28, 2021, 10:12:49 AM »

Yeah America is going to be up to 1,000 deaths per day again by December, the vast bulk of them unvaccinated.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #690 on: June 28, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »

Yeah America is going to be up to 1,000 deaths per day again by December, the vast bulk of them unvaccinated.
I'm proud to be unvaccinated.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #691 on: June 28, 2021, 11:58:00 AM »

I seldom post in this thread, but this is a big development.  I have been offered a job in New Orleans that would represent a very significant salary increase from where I am right now while also being a less stressful position in a much bigger company.  NOLA has always had a certain allure over me.

The only complicating factor is that I have (for the past year) had a live-in boyfriend who I am madly in-love with and want to spend a life together with.  He has an even better-paying job at a small company in northeast Louisiana.  It's only about and hour from Jackson and he's given a place to stay over there, so he's able to be home every weekend as well as make some trips home during the week.  If I took the job in New Orleans he'd be limited to only come home on the weekends, but it'd be a more stressful drive for him and I'd still be seeing him less than I do now (to compensate for this, his boss has entertained the idea that he could transition to a four-day schedule to have a longer weekend.)

It's going to be a tough decision.  The money and new position is alluring, but the idea of seeing him less is stomach-churning.  He's not really in a position to relocate because he's given a commitment to his current position for the next 3-5 years.  He's voiced to me his concern that me moving to New Orleans would ultimately cause our relationship to fall apart at some point down the line (which is a discouraging admission in it's own right) but I don't want to come to resent him or our relationship if I pass on this opportunity.  I'll be praying for God to illuminate the path he has laid out for me.   
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #692 on: June 28, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »

All 4 wisdom teeth out today. Hurts like hell but it's better than dealing with this
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #693 on: June 28, 2021, 03:50:42 PM »

Finally got an appointment for a Biontch/Pfitzer vaccine shot on August 18, which is almost exactly six months after being tested positive. As such, there's only one booster shot required after a half year has passed (and counts as "fully vaccinated").
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #694 on: June 28, 2021, 04:07:12 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2021, 04:13:45 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

Fingers crossed, but it looks like a permanent housing plan is finally along the way. I don't know where it will be, but I'll be so glad to be out of this murder/drug den.

I might also be flying up to either Massachusetts or Connecticut for my mom's funeral. Waiting to hear back from my uncle on that.

Prayers requested... this might be my first time seeing my extended family in years.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #695 on: June 28, 2021, 04:40:32 PM »

Fingers crossed, but it looks like a permanent housing plan is finally along the way. I don't know where it will be, but I'll be so glad to be out of this murder/drug den.

I might also be flying up to either Massachusetts or Connecticut for my mom's funeral. Waiting to hear back from my uncle on that.

Prayers requested... this might be my first time seeing my extended family in years.
Not a religious guy but you'll be in my thoughts, Scott.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #696 on: June 28, 2021, 05:29:54 PM »

Not a religious guy but you'll be in my thoughts, Scott.

Thanks, WB! Smile And congrats on losing those wisdom teeth. That thing looks like a tragic car accident. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #697 on: June 29, 2021, 02:12:39 AM »

Well covid punched me in the face yesterday. This morning, so far, not as bad.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #698 on: June 29, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »

Had to refill prescriptions today and drove myself somewhere other than just going for a drive around the block or to a park for the first time since May of last year.

Asked about vaccine walk-in, there were none available until after lunch (which combined with the wait after to make sure there's no allergic reaction would've had me there for 90 minutes, surrounded by people with no mask in close contact), but I got up the nerve to push myself to at least try so that's one step closer that I've pulled myself.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #699 on: June 29, 2021, 01:43:43 PM »

Got my degree certificate today! I'm officially a college-educated liberal!

Going back to my university and my old workplace was... a lot. Definitely closed circles for me, in bad and good ways both. Glad about my place in life right now.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 96  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies