Kanye is out (UPDATE: Kanye is in again) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:21:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye is out (UPDATE: Kanye is in again) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kanye is out (UPDATE: Kanye is in again)  (Read 18743 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« on: July 04, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »

Ye! in green
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:22:42 PM »

Wait... does he actually have a chance if he’s serious?

I'm guessing no to both.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:30:19 PM »

How do I not freak out. It’s totally irrational to freak out but seeing the sudden enthusiasm scares me.

You are literally in another thread talking about not freaking out.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 09:34:43 PM »

A lot of people are talking about ballot access, but he could theoretically just run a write-in campaign.

I think like 38 states have write-in requirements and access and 9 have no write-in possibility.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 09:50:32 PM »

I know this is ridiculous but he's only missed the registration deadlines for the States of Indiana, Maine, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina and Texas. Though a lot of deadlines are in the month of July. Smh, he could pull it off if he was serious since he has all that money, shadow backing and I'm sure Elon Musk would be a hell of a fundraiser.

https://ballotpedia.org/Important_dates_in_the_2020_presidential_race#Candidate_filing_deadlines_and_requirements_by_state

But will they? Also, states like FL requires 132k signatures (with an extra requirement) and the deadline is less than 2 weeks away. Getting all that during the worst possible time in FL seems like a massive headache.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 10:02:58 PM »

I know this is ridiculous but he's only missed the registration deadlines for the States of Indiana, Maine, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina and Texas. Though a lot of deadlines are in the month of July. Smh, he could pull it off if he was serious since he has all that money, shadow backing and I'm sure Elon Musk would be a hell of a fundraiser.

https://ballotpedia.org/Important_dates_in_the_2020_presidential_race#Candidate_filing_deadlines_and_requirements_by_state

But will they? Also, states like FL requires 132k signatures (with an extra requirement) and the deadline is less than 2 weeks away. Getting all that during the worst possible time in FL seems like a massive headache.

If this was serious. Believe me, he'd have connections and backing to make it happen. And if he's serious maybe he only tries to get into battleground states to really screw up the election.

Are we sure? Kanye West? Maybe Jeff Bezos could make it work, but I have doubts about West's ability to make this happen.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 10:06:24 PM »

Also, the danger present in hiring and putting to work the amount of people it takes to go knocking on doors in the middle of a worsening pandemic wave would harm his "favorability" if he's even serious. Like imagine an outbreak at a Kanye West For President signature drive.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 10:19:18 PM »

Some of y'all don't realize how bad this hurts Biden, and I'm not even concern trolling. This could eat into the young people saying "I don't like Biden but I hate Trump so I guess it's Joe".....

1. Young people don't like Kanye at all and are not gonna go for such a visible Trump supporter

2. Biden is not gonna be badly hurt by 18-29 year old voters since they barely turn out anyways. Even a fraction of those voters voting for Kanye, even if he runs, won't have a large impact.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 10:19:55 PM »

Some of y'all don't realize how bad this hurts Biden, and I'm not even concern trolling. This could eat into the young people saying "I don't like Biden but I hate Trump so I guess it's Joe".....

He isn't even going to be on the ballot.

Once again:

He can run a write-in campaign, and with his celebrity status and meme culture, it could be quite successful. Meme culture among the young alt-right is one of the things that catapulted Trump into the mainstream.

Ok... so then he finds success among the alt-right??? How does that hurt Biden?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 12:38:24 AM »

Kanye will bring people into his camp, and then will bring them to Trump when Trump makes him part of his campaign.

Rasmussen Poll few weeks ago had black support for Trump up since the protests, the more conservative black voters are going to become Republican. Kanye is kind of a way to help boost those voters to Trumps side.

The black vote has been taken for granted, and between Kanye, Tim Scott, Candace Owens and a lot of people I see on YouTube who are black trump supporters (with big followings) they know what rioting leads to. Detroit rioted in the 1960s & the city never recovered. Trump will probably win 30% of the black vote. Trumps voter base is working class people & a lot of black people, especially working class black men, have done a lot better financially under Trump than they ever did under Obama.

We laughed so hard! You know i loveeeee a good laugh chile
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 12:50:31 AM »

Kanye will bring people into his camp, and then will bring them to Trump when Trump makes him part of his campaign.

Rasmussen Poll few weeks ago had black support for Trump up since the protests, the more conservative black voters are going to become Republican. Kanye is kind of a way to help boost those voters to Trumps side.

The black vote has been taken for granted, and between Kanye, Tim Scott, Candace Owens and a lot of people I see on YouTube who are black trump supporters (with big followings) they know what rioting leads to. Detroit rioted in the 1960s & the city never recovered. Trump will probably win 30% of the black vote. Trumps voter base is working class people & a lot of black people, especially working class black men, have done a lot better financially under Trump than they ever did under Obama.

Trump will gain black support compared to 2016, but even if he does everything right he will have trouble hitting 13%.

The fact that you think even this is highly concerning
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 01:51:41 PM »

States where the filing deadline has already passed for an independent candidate:

Indiana
Maine
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
Texas

Well, that's not too bad, right? That's only six states!

Thing is, there's a bunch more in July, including some with extremely high signatures. 10,000 signatures by July 15th for South Carolina. 132,781(!) signatures by July 15th for Florida. 30,000 signatures by July 16th for Michigan.

Apparently, NY changed its deadline when they delayed the primaries.

Updated NY filing deadline is July 30th with a 30k signature requirement, so Kanye West could in fact make the ballot in NY.

a crucially important swing state
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »

States also have write in requirements too.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 07:00:47 PM »

Oh what a surprise, it looks to all have been a stunt for his album...just like I have repeatedly said.

I hope this is put to rest, but I am still worried about the potential of him attempting a write-in campaign.

The people voting for Kanye West weren't going to vote for Biden in the first place.

I don't know why people on Atlas keeps running around like chickens without heads.

I'm still very unsure, to a frustrating degree, whether Kanye is serious or not about running but I am sure that his potential voters would be more likely to support Biden than Trump. I expect that would-be Kanye voters would be those who dislike Trump but don't understand that voting for Biden is the only way to prevent him from getting a second term. They're likely to be disillusioned, less-informed, and younger voters who would be perfectly content with wasting their vote and writing Kanye West in just because he put it out there that he may or may not be competing for the presidency. Maybe they wouldn't be enough to shift the election Trump's way, but it's a variable that I would rather not be present throughout the general election.

That could be a fraction of his possible support but those voters you described dont like Kanye at all. Kanye would get Broish Trump supporters.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 09:29:59 PM »

18 pages for someone's manic episode
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies