What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:47:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)  (Read 23440 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2023, 09:15:44 PM »

After seeing the bad reactions to Noem's debate responses (not that I can blame Kaiser - I myself feel they weren't that great and that some of the other candidates' were honestly better), and, moreover, her terrible polling, I was seriously on the verge of announcing Noem dropping out, since it seemed hopeless...that is, until I saw her actually doing decently in Iowa. Will stay in for now, but I need to make sure she puts up a decent performance in Iowa. If she does badly, I'll make her the first drop-out of the contest (second, come to think of it, after Mike Pence).

Speaking of which, be on the lookout for a possible Pence endorsement sometime around the New Hampshire Primary (It'll probably be Haley, but I wouldn't completely rule out endorsing Youngkin or DeSantis.)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2023, 09:19:24 PM »

After seeing the bad reactions to Noem's debate responses (not that I can blame Kaiser - I myself feel they weren't that great and that some of the other candidates' were honestly better), and, moreover, her terrible polling, I was seriously on the verge of announcing Noem dropping out, since it seemed hopeless...that is, until I saw her actually doing decently in Iowa. Will stay in for now, but I need to make sure she puts up a decent performance in Iowa. If she does badly, I'll make her the first drop-out of the contest (second, come to think of it, after Mike Pence).

Speaking of which, be on the lookout for a possible Pence endorsement sometime around the New Hampshire Primary (It'll probably be Haley, but I wouldn't completely rule out endorsing Youngkin or DeSantis.)

No offence, but after everything you've had Pence say and do, a Pence endorsement would, if anything, be more of a liability (if it mattered at all).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2023, 09:48:21 PM »

No offence, but after everything you've had Pence say and do, a Pence endorsement would, if anything, be more of a liability (if it mattered at all).

That's certainly plausible. I'm certainly not above tanking a candidacy like DeSantis's (or Hawley's).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2023, 09:55:08 PM »

That's certainly plausible. I'm certainly not above tanking a candidacy like DeSantis's (or Hawley's).

Pence is certainly not important enough to tank either nomination even if he wanted to, but he could hurt their candidacies a bit.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2023, 10:35:11 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2023, 10:58:31 PM by VirginiaAaron »

This is a lie. Mike Pence is endorsing Lin Wood at his wedding to Wanda Sykes and Tulsi Gabbard
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2023, 11:30:52 PM »

This is a lie. Mike Pence is endorsing Lin Wood at his wedding to Wanda Sykes and Tulsi Gabbard

I didn't know he was even invited!
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2023, 09:42:48 AM »

I read that all of the candidates were invited for the wedding and slumber party at his tree house.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2023, 10:31:27 AM »

I read that all of the candidates were invited for the wedding and slumber party at his tree house.

Clearly my invitation got lost in the mail.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2023, 11:37:10 AM »

Something that I feel would be very helpful for players is periodically posting some barometers for how candidates are doing with fundraising, organization, etc. Lumine had a great model in some of his past games. Here's an example.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2023, 03:41:44 PM »

People have been asking

You have until the 16th for this turn. Debate probably drops tomorrow. Keep up the good work!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2023, 08:30:03 PM »

Something that I feel would be very helpful for players is periodically posting some barometers for how candidates are doing with fundraising, organization, etc. Lumine had a great model in some of his past games. Here's an example.

I will consider this

I feel like I’m doing a lot at the moment but maybe this could be included
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2023, 09:56:51 PM »

Debate up, you have until end turn for it.
RGM2609
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2023, 03:11:45 PM »

Should we expect a midturn for this turn?
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2023, 04:42:12 PM »

Dave told me that'll come out tomorrow.
RGM2609
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2023, 05:46:27 PM »

Dave told me that'll come out tomorrow.
Ok, thanks!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2023, 10:01:45 PM »

Having Noem withdraw from this game. I've seriously considered doing so multiple times but have put it off. But now I've made up my mind. I won't even bother with a dropping-out post as Noem in the gameplay thread, if you don't mind.
Neither am I particularly enjoying the game, and nor, when you get down to it, is there much of a chance at all of Noem winning. Her chances at victory, let's face it, are very, very slim.
Besides, the gameplay consumes quite a bit of time for me that, quite frankly, I'd rather spend doing other things.

So Noem is dropping out of the race as of right now.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2023, 11:17:14 PM »

Having Noem withdraw from this game. I've seriously considered doing so multiple times but have put it off. But now I've made up my mind. I won't even bother with a dropping-out post as Noem in the gameplay thread, if you don't mind.
Neither am I particularly enjoying the game, and nor, when you get down to it, is there much of a chance at all of Noem winning. Her chances at victory, let's face it, are very, very slim.
Besides, the gameplay consumes quite a bit of time for me that, quite frankly, I'd rather spend doing other things.

So Noem is dropping out of the race as of right now.

I think you campaigned well. But it's true, this game can be time-consuming on occasion. Thanks for playing!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2023, 05:58:17 PM »

Attention all
The midturn is coming today
The midturn will be the last update coming between now and the first results
It will be rather large to include most of what transpires this turn
Once it is posted, you will have until late Jan 16 to post ALL of your pre IA/SC, content, that means debate answers, ads, and campaigning. All of it. On January 17th I will bring you riveting coverage of the first results.
Going forward after those results, the game will change immensely. I’ll elaborate on that later.
I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. Things are about to get crazy.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2023, 12:57:03 AM »

Midturn is up

Reminder to all, don't put too much stock in polls. Things can change very quickly.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2023, 10:11:41 PM »

Can you reduce the size of the Putin image, Oldies? It's stretching the thread.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2023, 10:06:56 AM »

With the fantasy government board taking all the very little time I can spend on here, I'm gonna drop put of this game. My candidate isn't going to drop out with me though; I hope Amash will be automated, but if I won't be disappointed if you guys just have him drop out.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2023, 10:15:28 AM »

Can you reduce the size of the Putin image, Oldies? It's stretching the thread.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2023, 11:16:28 AM »

I want to thank Ishan and GotFan for participating

Reminder to all that the turn is due late tomorrow night (whenever I get Iowa/SC up)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2023, 08:23:11 PM »

Can I run as a third party candidate
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2023, 10:27:10 PM »

I love the final few days before a turn. Things just get wild.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies