Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:30:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289371 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: December 16, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »

I'd be curious to see Trump's approval on the transition.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 02:46:40 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2021, 02:52:18 PM by The Trump Virus »

I wonder if any part of Trump now regrets running for president.  He’s mostly hated, his brand is maligned, he’s leaving office in extreme disgrace, and only a small handful of people like him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 06:47:47 PM »

George W. Bush was a better president than Donald Trump.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 09:12:19 AM »

Biden has a higher approval rating in Texas than Gov. Abbott does.

Biden's approval there is 41% vs Abbott's at 39%.

lol
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 11:03:35 AM »

The gap between Biden/Harris and Trump is 36 pts. and 30 pts., respectively, in favorability. Even if that decreases by a few points, some posters still try to convince us the election of Mr. Donald J. Trump as 47th POTUS is inevitable.

Don't get cocky.  Trump winning again isn't inevitable but it's possible and after living through the tragedy of his 4 year term, we should all take that possibility extremely seriously.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 02:19:35 PM »

Imagine Mr. Trump's Twitter if he had such numbers. Just sayin'.

Honestly, if he had simply handled covid right he might’ve seen similar numbers.  Maybe even higher.

If he had just taken it seriously from the beginning, been upfront and truthful with the American people (because it’s now proven that he knew how bad it was early on), encouraged masks and precautions, and not called it a hoax or disregarded the safety of those around him (by ordering his handlers to drive him around when he had covid and hosting large gatherings)....if he had just been honest and aggressive in his encouragement of precautions and attempted to reassure the public...he would probably have been re-elected.

This was/is a large scale crisis where strong leadership is required and rewarded. He failed.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 04:01:30 PM »

Imagine Mr. Trump's Twitter if he had such numbers. Just sayin'.

Honestly, if he had simply handled covid right he might’ve seen similar numbers.  Maybe even higher.

If he had just taken it seriously from the beginning, been upfront and truthful with the American people (because it’s now proven that he knew how bad it was early on), encouraged masks and precautions, and not called it a hoax or disregarded the safety of those around him (by ordering his handlers to drive him around when he had covid and hosting large gatherings)....if he had just been honest and aggressive in his encouragement of precautions and attempted to reassure the public...he would probably have been re-elected.

This was/is a large scale crisis where strong leadership is required and rewarded. He failed.

If Trump had had numbers in February 2020 as Obama had had in February 2012 (high 40's), then he too would have won much the same.

Maybe.

But I think if he had truly stepped up to the plate, as any good leader would have, and went to bat for us and the country as a whole I think he might've won by a large margin.  Maybe landslides are impossible now, but I think his re-election would've been (more than) pretty secure.

He wouldn't have reached Bush approvals post-9/11...but in March 2020 he had an extraordinary opportunity to boost his leadership image in the face of an overwhelming crisis.

He has no one to blame for his 2020 defeat except himself and his terrible response to covid; a response which cost thousands more lives than necessary.  There is no doubt that Trump's inaction cost more American lives from covid than those who died on 9/11.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »

Florida - Mason-Dixon
February 24-28
625 registered voters
MoE: 4%

Disapprove 49%
Approve 47%

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/410602-poll-shows-support-but-vulnerability-for-marco-rubio

This is just hilarious.

A red state masquerading as a swing state. Biden should just ignore us.

Edit: Funny to see Rubio potentially vulnerable.

Don't worry, the entire country already ignores Florida and I bet the Dem nominee in 2024 will too.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 01:27:46 PM »

Biden doesn't give a dam what the hate party says about him nor do I , they lost their voice in this country when they tried to destroy it to force in Trump as this countries first dictator. Whats left of this hate group has to be disposed of and real conservatives have to put together a voice to represent their position but this hate group they have now, has to go.

Exactly.

The current Republican Party is a domestic terrorist organization and I genuinely believe that. They are a party of traitors.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 08:32:57 AM »

Covid-19 is what got Biden elected, and he's done well, so it should be no surprise he gets high marks there.

Trump made a massive miscalculation in his "handling" of the pandemic.  His method was to sit back and do nothing other than downplay it and discredit all science and safety precautions.  At the start of the pandemic he had a golden opportunity to boost his approval ratings and unite the country; instead he actively tried to divide people during the biggest crisis we've faced in modern times.  He could have seen 60% approval or maybe higher had he played his cards right.  He fumbled, which is an understatement.

Trump's inaction is still hurting us over a year later.  Biden is doing things right and it's a shame the pandemic didn't start under a competent leader.  How many lives would have been saved?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 11:02:48 AM »

Probably best not to engage the trolls.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 12:38:40 PM »

What’s the matter with this country?

We finally get a leader who isn’t a total nutjob after 4 years of lunacy and he’s underwater in approval.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 03:51:26 AM »

The issue for Biden's approval is that his Presidency has been washed up. In the beginning there was a wave of enthusiasm for him since there was a promised return to normal. The issue is people don't remember what normal was. The Obama era was a disaster for democrats and Biden's attempt to return to that era could potentially cause similar issues. Unlike Obama however, this time Democrats came in with the slimmest Congressional majorities in decades, thus killing any potential for significant legislation. DC statehood, HR1, whatever their priorities are were out the window in January when Sinema and Manchin were against removing the filibuster. That's basically half of whatever Biden's actual policy proposal was. (Not being Trump doesn't count as policy.)

Now they might not even get infrastructure through and even if the bipartisan bill passes, its not really something Democrats can campaign on in the midterms since Republicans also voted for it. If they somehow pull off a diluted reconciliation bill after this embarrassing failure, then that will be the final piece of Biden's agenda as he becomes a lame duck like Obama was for the next 2 or 6 years.

Covid isn't going away anytime soon, and the economy isn't roaring back either. The dust has pretty much settled on the virus, half the country is ready to move on, the other half doesn't want to go back to normal life anytime soon. Inflation is soaring, and there is no way this is simply transitory. If the White House is showing off that a 4th of July cookout is $0.16 cheaper than the previous year (when in reality it is more due to higher gas prices needed to buy the goods) then there is fundamentally something wrong.

Afghanistan was the biggest failure of the Biden Presidency. He ran on being a strong global leader but after August it was pretty obvious that Biden was incompetent on foreign policy. The American people recognized that and it put him underwater which he might not recover from, at least until 2022.

And your guy attempted a deadly coup after he lost re-election.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »

The issue for Biden's approval is that his Presidency has been washed up. In the beginning there was a wave of enthusiasm for him since there was a promised return to normal. The issue is people don't remember what normal was. The Obama era was a disaster for democrats and Biden's attempt to return to that era could potentially cause similar issues. Unlike Obama however, this time Democrats came in with the slimmest Congressional majorities in decades, thus killing any potential for significant legislation. DC statehood, HR1, whatever their priorities are were out the window in January when Sinema and Manchin were against removing the filibuster. That's basically half of whatever Biden's actual policy proposal was. (Not being Trump doesn't count as policy.)

Now they might not even get infrastructure through and even if the bipartisan bill passes, its not really something Democrats can campaign on in the midterms since Republicans also voted for it. If they somehow pull off a diluted reconciliation bill after this embarrassing failure, then that will be the final piece of Biden's agenda as he becomes a lame duck like Obama was for the next 2 or 6 years.

Covid isn't going away anytime soon, and the economy isn't roaring back either. The dust has pretty much settled on the virus, half the country is ready to move on, the other half doesn't want to go back to normal life anytime soon. Inflation is soaring, and there is no way this is simply transitory. If the White House is showing off that a 4th of July cookout is $0.16 cheaper than the previous year (when in reality it is more due to higher gas prices needed to buy the goods) then there is fundamentally something wrong.

Afghanistan was the biggest failure of the Biden Presidency. He ran on being a strong global leader but after August it was pretty obvious that Biden was incompetent on foreign policy. The American people recognized that and it put him underwater which he might not recover from, at least until 2022.

And your guy attempted a deadly coup after he lost re-election.

This doesn't negate what he said. Biden shouldn't be given a completely free pass just because of what happened on January 6.

Agreed, and I've been critical of Biden on some things, namely Afghanistan.

But I'm tired of Trump voters acting like they suddenly give a damn when their guy literally tried to overthrow our entire government.  Everything else pales in comparison to that.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2021, 11:57:12 AM »

I do think he'll rebound somewhat.

His approval is going to mimic covid-19.  It's what he was elected to fix, and if cases go down, his approval rating goes up.  It's why Republican governors are doing everything in their power to ensure more people get sick.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2021, 03:20:23 PM »

Caveat: coming from disgraced G. Elliott Morris.

A lot of these issues appear to be because he has been lamed ducked.

You can definitely point to the Delta surge concurrent with the Afghanistan withdrawal as the point where Biden's popularity declined.

But I can't say I'm surprised by this since Independents always seem to hate the party in government. It's almost what defines them politically more than anything. They are never satisfied and sometimes I hate them more than Republicans because they serve as enablers or underminers, or both at once.

Maybe they would like the party in government if they were actually competent. But we haven't had a good president since George H W Bush.

Biden has been atrocious so far.

Putting aside personal politics, Clinton and Obama were both good presidents.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »

Afghanistan hurt him.  Delta hurt him.

Those are both recoverable events.

Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema holding up and stalling everything in his agenda are what's currently hurting him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 06:38:55 PM »

ARG economic survey (monthly), Oct. 17-20, 1100 adults including 992 RV

Adults:

Approve 47 (-3)
Disapprove 47 (+1)

RV:

Approve 47 (-4)
Disapprove 48 (+2)

FWIW, it's also all-time low for Biden in ARG.
Wow. Is the bottom coming out for Brandon?
Brandon?

Don't ask.  It's a right wing nut job joke referring to Biden.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 06:44:01 PM »

Adults:

Approve 47 (-3)
Disapprove 47 (+1)

RV:

Approve 47 (-4)
Disapprove 48 (+2)

Brandon?

It's about as clever as "libtard."

I've heard so many right wingers in my circle say this Brandon joke.  The same people routinely use the N word.  Or talk negatively about trans people.  Or judgmentally about gay people.  This is the current Republican Party.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 04:35:53 AM »

Adults:

Approve 47 (-3)
Disapprove 47 (+1)

RV:

Approve 47 (-4)
Disapprove 48 (+2)

Brandon?

It's about as clever as "libtard."

I've heard so many right wingers in my circle say this Brandon joke.  The same people routinely use the N word.  Or talk negatively about trans people.  Or judgmentally about gay people.  This is the current Republican Party.

Why do you have people like that in your circle?

Work.  North Georgia.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »

Unlike many I do want Biden to succeed. He is the third best president of my lifetime so far, and I think some forces are trying to ruin his term.

This is how it should be.

I wanted Trump to succeed.  We should always want our president to succeed.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 05:23:29 AM »

I'm sorry, but for Biden to basically be at Trump level approval ratings is just embarrassing. And unlike 45, he doesn't actually have a base of support.

I wonder how this will end up in the near future. It isn't impossible for it to collapse much further, and it is very difficult for me to imagine it rising up again.

I mostly agree unfortunately.

I’m not sure what he can do differently but he needs to figure it out fast.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »

Connecticut: PPP, Oct. 21-22, 729 LV

Approve 48
Disapprove 43

Atrocious numbers.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2021, 09:13:39 AM »

Not trolling, but I seriously don’t buy these approvals. Might be nonresponse bias.

Because there’s no way that Biden should be comparable to Trump on RCP given the A vs RV vs LV biases for D/R and the systemic advantage in the EC for the GOP.

The media has begun to turn on Biden. Maybe they just want blood.

It’s kind of funny actually. I remember there was data on how much coverage was positive on cable and network news of recent presidents. People pointed to Obama and said the media was biased in favor of Dems. Actually, they only were biased in favor of Obama (and very briefly Bush 43 after 9/11). Since then they have dragged presidents through the mud, Biden included.

I believe the numbers.  Biden is underwater in approval and a course correction is needed FAST to save his presidency and prevent a Trump win in 2024.  It's vital for the country that Biden do something to reverse all of this.

One thing you touched on, though, is right: the media is no friend of Joe Biden.  Never again can Republicans state that the media is left-leaning or in the bag for Democrats.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2021, 09:42:40 AM »

Not trolling, but I seriously don’t buy these approvals. Might be nonresponse bias.

Because there’s no way that Biden should be comparable to Trump on RCP given the A vs RV vs LV biases for D/R and the systemic advantage in the EC for the GOP.

The media has begun to turn on Biden. Maybe they just want blood.

It’s kind of funny actually. I remember there was data on how much coverage was positive on cable and network news of recent presidents. People pointed to Obama and said the media was biased in favor of Dems. Actually, they only were biased in favor of Obama (and very briefly Bush 43 after 9/11). Since then they have dragged presidents through the mud, Biden included.

You answered your own question; the media kind of turned on Biden and that's one major reason his approvals have declined. The 2nd major reason is that 2 senators are derailing his agenda after he campaigned on getting stuff done again.

Yep.  Manchin and Sinema should face some repercussions within the party once we lose power (and we are guaranteed to at this point).  Complete expulsion from the party.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies