Virginia 2005 Gubernatorial Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:48:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia 2005 Gubernatorial Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Poll
Question: Whom would you vote for?
Atny General Jerry Kilgore (R)

Lt. Governor Tim Kaine (D)

State Senator Russell Potts, Jr. (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Virginia 2005 Gubernatorial Election  (Read 31268 times)
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2005, 09:12:31 PM »

I'm going home to Virginia to vote this weekend.  For all those predicting a sure Kilgore victory, I'm not so sure.  I believe it'll be a toss-up, and Kaine still has a chance to pull it off.  However, I will not be shocked if Kaine loses.

Where are you currently at?

I'm in New York attending college.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2005, 09:14:42 PM »

I'm going home to Virginia to vote this weekend.  For all those predicting a sure Kilgore victory, I'm not so sure. 

Who are you going to vote for?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2005, 09:17:04 PM »

I'm going home to Virginia to vote this weekend.  For all those predicting a sure Kilgore victory, I'm not so sure. 

Kaine, of course.  The only thing I agree with Kilgore on is the illegal immigration issue, but aside from that I don't see anything that he plans to offer that will help Virginia. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2005, 09:32:16 PM »

Kaine, of course.  The only thing I agree with Kilgore on is the illegal immigration issue, but aside from that I don't see anything that he plans to offer that will help Virginia. 

Are there any candidates that you would most likely vote for at either the Lt. Governor or Attorney General levels?

Speaking for myself as a fellow Virginian, I keep going back and forth.  Like you, I have every intention of voting for Kaine, but I am less certain for those farther down the line.  I am currently leaning towards voting for Creigh Deeds for Attorney General, but I am still open to Bob McDonnell. 
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #304 on: October 31, 2005, 09:36:33 PM »

Arent the Democrats expected to make nice gains in the legislature?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2005, 09:37:30 PM »

I'm going home to Virginia to vote this weekend.  For all those predicting a sure Kilgore victory, I'm not so sure.  I believe it'll be a toss-up, and Kaine still has a chance to pull it off.  However, I will not be shocked if Kaine loses.

I'm curious, why do you feel you have to vote in person rather than simply vote absentee?  You can vote absentee like I did when I went to college at the University of Washington in Seattle. 

And on a separate note, I know you are currently attending college in New York, but where in Virginia do you live (or rather, your parents)?  Who is your congressman?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2005, 09:38:37 PM »

Arent the Democrats expected to make nice gains in the legislature?

The districts are so heavily gerrymandered that it is highly unlikely that either side will make gains in upcoming elections.  At best, there could be a two or three seat swing. 
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2005, 09:40:27 PM »

Oh, I was just curious because I read on a couple different blogs that the Dem's are expected to make nice gains in Northern VA.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2005, 09:42:57 PM »

Nick is talking about the state legislature.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2005, 09:44:56 PM »

Nick is talking about the state legislature.

Yes, I know that. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2005, 09:48:35 PM »

Oh, I was just curious because I read on a couple different blogs that the Dem's are expected to make nice gains in Northern VA.

I am sure they're right in that Democrats will continue to slowly but steadily chip away at the Republican majority -just don't expect anything dramatic to change in the legislature in the meantime.  The Republicans will continue to rule both houses of the legislature by more than two to one margins, and barring any titanic shifts nationally, it will likely remain that way for the forseeable future.   
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2005, 09:49:45 PM »

Did you guys hear about that Republican candidate Chris Craddock that made crazy comments about homosexuals and AIDS in Africa?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: October 31, 2005, 09:51:47 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2005, 09:57:12 PM by Virginian87 »

I'm curious, why do you feel you have to vote in person rather than simply vote absentee?  You can vote absentee like I did when I went to college at the University of Washington in Seattle. 

And on a separate note, I know you are currently attending college in New York, but where in Virginia do you live (or rather, your parents)?  Who is your congressman?

Well, another reason I'm going home is to visit my folks (I have a five-day weekend).  I live in Northern Virginia, but unlike many Northern Virginians I do see it as a part of Virginia and not another state (like some of my liberal friends).  Rep. Tom Davis (R) is my congressman, and I believe he's doing a pretty good job too.  He's not too much of an extremist and overall a good guy.

As to my other votes:

I support Creigh Deeds for Attorney General.  He's the right kind if Democrat for higher office in Virginia -Southern, socially moderate, from the Shenandoah Valley.  We could use more like him.  I don't know who I will support for Lt. Governor.  Byrne is an idiot and the worst possible choice for the job.  She's a stereotypical Northern Virginia leftist.  I voted in the primaries, and I can't believe that Virginia Democrats would think she could win in this state.  Chap Petersen should be the person running in her place.  He's a moderate from Fairfax and was up and coming in the state Democratic Party.  Oh well.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2005, 09:55:05 PM »

Did you guys hear about that Republican candidate Chris Craddock that made crazy comments about homosexuals and AIDS in Africa?

Nope, can't say I have. 
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2005, 09:55:35 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2005, 09:58:02 PM by nickshep democRAT »

Do any of you read VAConservative blog?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #315 on: October 31, 2005, 09:57:32 PM »

No, not really.  My main sources of news about Virginia, Northern Virginia, and my county comes from the Washington Post, the Arlington Connection and Sun Gazette, and -ever so rarely- the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #316 on: October 31, 2005, 09:59:09 PM »

Never heard of him.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: October 31, 2005, 10:01:03 PM »

He's a candidate for state rep and he got into hot water for some crazy wingnut comments he made to a high school class.
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: October 31, 2005, 10:03:39 PM »

My main sources for news are the Harrisonburg Daily-News Record, local news,  Washington Post, and this site.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: November 01, 2005, 05:49:51 PM »

Wasnt someone saying Deeds was a shoo-in no more than a week or two ago?  What happend with that?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: November 01, 2005, 05:51:13 PM »

Deeds is down by 4% in the latest poll.

Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »

Deeds is down by 4% in the latest poll.

Yeah, but a couple weeks ago I remember someone saying he was a shoo-in.  If I recall correctly it was in this exact thread.  My question is, was that claim never true?  Or did something happen in the last week or two that caused a sudden shift in the electorate?
MHS2002

Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: November 01, 2005, 05:54:09 PM »

I don't think Deeds has ever been ahead in any poll. I don't think he had a lead to begin with.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: November 01, 2005, 05:56:06 PM »

I don't think Deeds has ever been ahead in any poll. I don't think he had a lead to begin with.

Who do you like?  Ive heard McDonnell is wayyy right.  Any truth to this?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: November 01, 2005, 05:58:02 PM »

Yeah, but a couple weeks ago I remember someone saying he was a shoo-in.  If I recall correctly it was in this exact thread. 

Nick, if I remember correctly that was just AUH2O with another one of his mindless predictions. I believe he said that since Deeds had the endorsment of the NRA, he was going to win in a landslide (a vastly simplistic analysis).

Deeds has been down in the polls the whole campaign, but supposedly is surging late.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies