Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:35:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 266690 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« on: November 16, 2020, 12:52:37 PM »

The difference between AOC and MTG is that conservatives hate AOC for her policies and agenda. MJT agenda is not QANON but rather just conservative policies.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 08:11:07 PM »

I don't think senate debates matter all that much. People made such a big deal about Ernst not knowing the price of corn/soy, and how Susan Collins did horrible in the first debate.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 11:11:05 PM »

I was scrolling through Ossoff’s tiktok, and he definitely is running an energetic campaign, far more so than Warnock. Ossoff seems to be taking a #populist tone against Perdue. I think he may do better than we thought.
Yeah I think the Perdue/Ossoff race will be closer than the Loeffler/Warnock one at this point.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 09:54:39 PM »

Crenshaw's bait is tempting I will say, but once you see his warmongering desire he is not a very good person.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »

I don't live in Georgia. but from what I've been reading and hearing about, it seems like Democrats are actually the more united party going into these runoffs. Really the only Democrats who aren't on board with Ossoff and Warnock seem to be those few fringe moderate voters who voted for Biden out of spite for Trump, and even then, many are splitting their ballot Warnock-Perdue. Outside that though, everyone from neoliberals to BernieBros seem to be united in their support for voting for Warnock and Ossoff.

While Republicans aren't in a terrible place in these races, it does seem like there's a bit of disunity within the party, mainly almost on the loyalty test of how loyal Perdue and Loeffler are willing to be to Trump. There seems to be a small yet loud presents of Trump voters who think Trump should've won who threaten to not vote in the runoffs unless Perdue and Loeffler are more aggressive in protesting the results, particularly those that are very "Trumpy". It's yet to see how many Republicans will actually boycott the runoffs; we'll truly never know, but it still creates tension within the party regardless.

Would be curious to see if anyone who's actually from GA right now can confirm or deny this

I still personally think Perdue and Loeffler are very very very slight favorites, but this does seem to be a potential downfall for them, and I do see a small window for a lopsided D result if a combination of Trump not directly being on the ballot and lack of trust of the establishment causes even just 5% of Republican voters to stay home who would've otherwise voted.
Trump himself has endorsed Perdue and Loeffler and will continue to do rallies for them. I am not sure how voters who strongly support Trump would question Perdue and Loeffler's loyalty to Trump and wouldn't support these two candidates when they are being fully recommended by him.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 06:06:51 PM »

Is today, tomorrow, or Friday the last day of early vote?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 02:01:56 PM »

I don't know man, I think Perdue loses by a margin that makes Blanche's loss look like a nailbiter.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 04:36:56 PM »

Loeffler is heavily campaigning for her seat, while Perdue's strategy is run down the clock. Ossoff seems to have the most energy on the Dem side compared to Warnock. I wonder how a Perdue vs Warnock/ Loeffler vs Ossoff scenario would go down though.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 11:56:57 PM »

One thing I'm still not sure about is why did they wait till January to hold the runoffs? Aren't they usually in December (2008, 2018)?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 01:46:40 PM »

What's going to be really annoying is if one side wins both of these, they're going to act like they have a mandate to either fully persue Biden's agenda or entirely block Biden's agenda, even though basically half of the people who voted voted against their party.

A split verdict would be hilarious; it would be interesting to see how the parties react, and it would just be a crazy end to a crazy election cycle.
If the verdict is split, then Susan Collins winning would have been a godsend. Had she lost, Republicans would have needed to win both Georgia races, now they only need one.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 12:46:01 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »

If Ossoff and Warnock both won, who would be the senior senator?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 06:51:24 PM »

Regarding long lines as long as someone is in line (lol) by 7PM they are allowed to vote. I wouldn't classify that is extending hours though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies