The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:02:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 214407 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: April 08, 2017, 02:21:09 AM »

Where Senators and Congressman , no matter which party they are in are closer to the views of people of their state then the national party on non economic issues.

An example for that is pretend a state is +6 on an ideological spectrum(for non economic views) is from -10(Most liberal) - +10 (most conservative) , then the Republican candidate and platform in the state is ideologically a + 8 while the Democrats are ideologically a + 4.

Same is true visa versa if a state is - 6 then Dems would be -8 in that state and the gop would be -4.

If you do that I believe the country will become depolarized .
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »

sometimes I fins Smilo's schtick hit and miss, but his reply to bronz made me laugh

A lot of liberal Americans are jealous of the UK today--a snap election. A lot of liberal Americans wish that the U.S. Constitution had a amendment about a "snap election"--to force Trump and Pence out after 100 days!!!

However, midterms (midterm elections) can't come soon enough for some Americans. Other Americans don't even know what a midterm election is. They're busy watching Kardashian.

Some think of the word midterm as a midterm exam in high school or college!!!

If we had a snap election, Democrats would be wise not to run Hillary Clinton again for a snap election. Maybe Kaine, Warren, or Gillibrand.

We do not have a parliamentary system of government in the U.S. This is why America is unique to other countries. 2018, 2020 is on it's way.

This is very disrespectful. The Kardashians performed their civic duty. Lest you forget where the money came from in the first place! That's right - equality! Real justice. They have the exemplary values real countries represent. Caitlyn is an icon. She is really into activism and really changed the state of discourse in America and even campaigned. Kim and her husband are really big in the political news too. They give us insight into how lucky we are and how dangerous other countries are. Also Kylie is an activist now. You're being unfair. We are the ones who know so much through these cultural icons. Why would anyone in Britain get engaged? It's not fair. These people can't even see brilliance staring them straight in the face. Corbyn is the best party leader to come along in decades, and look how he is treated.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »

A bit of meta-comedy: I laughed at TG's extremely thorough obliteration of Naso's comment.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »

Obvious pandering to the alt-right.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:37:06 PM »

That made me decide to look up the prices quoted for South Dakota to Tehran.

Greedo may be in severe debt if you take up his deal. Sad
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:36:01 PM »

I wonder if this has to do with circumcision. European countries hardly ever circumcise their kids, especially lately, and there are virtually no mass shootings, mass stabbings etc.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 01:30:36 AM »

Power Bottoms were a notorious swing demographic starting in the 1950’s and were crucial to powering GOP victories in the 1960’s and 70’s. Starting in 1980 with the Reagan Revolution though this group felt alienated by the increasing overt power of the religious right but not in a fun way. Coupled with this was the fact that power bottoms became increasingly college educated, while collar, and urbanized. These were all demographics that the GOP have lost ground with and as a result they became more Democratic.

Up until 2016, power bottoms were a solid thrusting force for the Democratic Party to rely on. However Donald Trump was able to make some appeal to this group with his tougher rhetoric on Law and order/immigration and swayed some of them to his coalition. A lot of variables could make or break this group but the key will be in the House races this year. MN-1, NV-3, and NH-1 all have strong concentrations of power bottoms and could break their down-ballot Dem preference if they feel as though Donald Trump has delivered for them.

Long term however I expect this group to become a swing demographic. I believe that the macroeconomic trends will cause a realignment sometime in the 2020’s which will make white collar urbanized power bottoms a group negatively affected by increased tax rates from a Bernie Sanders style Democratic Party. With that you’ll see a slow R trend culminating in current trends we’re seeing right now with Trump’s law and order platform and later on they’ll be pushed even harder R from Bernie style democrats alienating a segment of them into the GOP coalition.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 09:19:29 AM »

Credit where credit is due:
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 10:49:23 AM »

I think Trudeau will win another federal term as Prime Minister, or in Beltway/Westminster speak: The Liberal Party will win another term, or keep seats.

In awe of bronze's profound understanding of parliamentarism.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »

Is there a way to learn what these groups mean without reading a 140 page PDF? Huh

On Atlas
Doesn't want to read a 140 page pdf to find out which political group he is.
Huh
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »

wow can't believe OC has been milkshake ducked.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 12:33:59 PM »

I think the discussion about twinks being gay has been scrubbed from the gaza thread, but I laughed so hard at the befuddled comment somebody made about why people were talking about this given the horrible context.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies